Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Default Re: Official Thread: Off-Season Trades, Rumors, News, Thoughts

National High School Star KRAYZIE's Avatar

New Orleans already inked James Posey this offseason as the article stated, so I don't think they'll go after J.R. and the OKC article, it doesn't really state that the team actually has any interest in him, more like just the opinion of the author who wrote that article.
    But, even if any team does decide to offer him a contract, Denver will surely match(I hope).

Thanks for the links, btw.

Goddamn, our bench is starting to look really good, now only if we could get our starters to play how they should for the amount of money they get.

But with this team right now (assuming JR gets signed), if Melo sticks to his word and becomes the leader, and George Karl sticks to his word to be tougher and stricter on the guys, I really think we have a chance to get more than 50 wins. (Also assuming nene and kmart can play in 70+ games together.)

In Billups We Trust Mile High Crew's Avatar

Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
    Do you honestly think that Melo is not our weakest defender on this team? are sure you that ain't the one in denial?. Let me guess, you're one of those fans who see Melo collect 7-10 rebounds a game and then convince yourself into thinking, "look how active he is on the boards, wow he must be alot better defender than people give him credit for". Please, he is by far our worst defender and this explains alot why.
    KRAYZIE is right on point here because Melo may grab some astonishing number of rebounds, but defense is how well you defend you guy and the rewards for defending your guy well with a turnover such as a steal or a block. From what I've seen each and every game, Melo rarely gets a steal or a block, the nights where he actually does those things are usually in big games or nights he feels like playing.

Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
    to say iverson tries really hard but just does a sh**ty job on defense baffles me- to me iverson reminds me of how lazy people play open gym defense- drifting around trying to steal the ball from whoever but not actually putting in the effort of squaring up to someone and staying in front of them- i can see how maybe he physically cant, but anyone can try and ive seen enough of his game that you wont be able to convince me that iverson tries really hard on defense- he doesnt.
    I'll tell you what, Iverson actually plays more defense than Melo does last year in the regular season Iverson had 160 steals to Melo's 98 total. And on blocks per game Iverson was o.1 while Melo was 0.5, not much difference. Iverson has had 193 defensive rebounds to Melo's 393 which is about a 49% difference and for a guy defending the perimeter Iverson has done a helluva job on defense.

I think this team needs a lot of coaching because this Nuggets is obviously having a lot troubles in many areas of the court. We have a team that could go far, but with our current head coach it doesn't seem to be going far. Have you seen those practices that George Karl runs, it's not even team oriented they play ball and have fun, while Karl reads a book. I believe Karl needs to run better practices, it's unexcusable for him to be the coach and act like a lazy coach.

Five things:
    1. Melo needs to step up and be a leader.
    2. Both Melo AND A.I. need to step up to play better defense.
    3. Is Jr staying in Denver or not, damn sign him already!
    4. Who is going to play the point this year?
    5. I think we need to get a reliable center because Hunter and Nene are known for injuries.

P.S. Football season is coming up, I am excited to see my Colorado Buffs play especially with our new recruit and Big 12 newcomer of the year in Darrell Scott. And the Denver Broncos are going to the Super Bowl this year BABY, Oh Yeah!

I rule the local playground

Default Flip

anybody like the idea of flip murray to join ac & atkins?

ive always thought flip was a pretty solid player- maybe not the perfect addition but brings more size and athletisim to the pg spot

i could be wrong but i also believe g karl and flip have positive relationship- for whatever that could be worth

could flip be had for the type of price our guys seem to be willing to pay right now?

i believe flip would also give us the ability to use atkins expiring contract in a trade if the situation came up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High
    defense is how well you defend you guy and the rewards for defending your guy well with a turnover such as a steal or a block.
    no offense but i think you are flat wrong w that statement- there is no stat that explains good defense- good defense is about alot of things that are simply untrackable w stats- defense is about body positioning, denying passes, & forcing the opponent out of his comfort zone - there are just too many aspect of playing defense to think that blocks and steals are the main factor-

to use your broncos as an example- champ bailey doesnt have good stats at all when he's at the top of his game- no action means hes doing something right- same in basketball, a great defender would not really get noticed alot because he would be doing so many little things right the bigger picture the great defenders might go a little more unnoticed

i wont keep arguing this defensive thing- guys like you and krayzie have a complete opposite view of things- i have no clue where you are coming from at all on the subject of iversons defense- seems krayzie to me but i respect alot of both of yours other opinions so i will overlook your evaluation of iverson

ps funny how melo's rebound stats are questionable but iversons assists cant be?? for the record i dont believe ive ever said carmelo's rebounding or defense were good or great in anyway

Originally posted by CaptainOwlClub
    no offense but i think you are flat wrong w that statement- there is no stat that explains good defense- good defense is about alot of things that are simply untrackable w stats- defense is about body positioning, denying passes, & forcing the opponent out of his comfort zone - there are just too many aspect of playing defense to think that blocks and steals are the main factor-
    I don't mean to be a dick or anything, but did I say defense was all about blocks and steals, no, all I said was that the rewards for playing great Defense can result to get steals and block, as well as many other intangibles that goes along way to helping out the team.

Moving on........
    Do you think Melo will be a better player next year, and will we see him play at the same level he plays in the Olympics?

I think he'll be a better player/more vocal/more of a leader, but he won't play at the same level as the olympics because he plays smaller/less aggressive players in the international game.

Saw a basketball once GUS DIDDLES's Avatar

um i disagree all i think we need is consistant players who give 110 percent every time they lace up thier shoe's
    we have world class players all we need is 3 things
    1. a solid point guard who can command the team up and down the court who has an out side game and who is a high quality passer { Hinrick }
    2. a soild center some one who has a good low post game and who hustles for rebounds some one how is quick and fit but has good stength { AV/okafor }
    3.we need to change our mentality from all for 1 to a group of team players
    does anyone agree
    pce gussiexx

Do you guys think this is it for the Nuggets and they aren't going to do anymore trades or free agent acquistions this offseason?

For all I know, the front office thinks they are all set at the point with carter and atkins, and I believe we need a pg that can pass the ball and can shoot the three.

The one thing that the front office has done well on is providing a well rounded bench. With Carter, Atkins, Smith, Kleiza, Balkman, Jones, Andersen, Hunter, and Weems on the bench, it still looks like we need a solid back up Center.

I believe we need a pg and a center, and we'll be ready for the playoffs.
    Last edited by Mile High Crew; 08-05-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Saw a basketball once GUS DIDDLES's Avatar

hey i was just fuking around on trade machine trying to figure out how to mold a team around melo and this is what i came up with

denver gets :
    ben wallace
    tyrus thomas
    anderson varejao
    krik hinrick
    cleveland gets
    allen iverson
    chicago gets
    kenyon martin
    linas keiza

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~7~7&te=&cash=

this gives as a few good defensive players and a good pg and a decent center who have played together before

denver line up

hinrick/atkins/AC/jones
    jr/weems
    melo/balkman
    thomas/varejao/anderson
    big ben/nene

hells yea tell me what u think
    pce gussiexx

Good college starter

I was thinking about this and I just seen this in the Clippers forum. If you were the Nuggets would you sign Shaun Livington to a deal? A one year deal to see if he has fully recovered. I think he still has potenial and could probably be the solution to the Nuggets backcourt problem cause the undersize backcourt thing isn't going to cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by GUS DIDDLES
    hey i was just fuking around on trade machine trying to figure out how to mold a team around melo and this is what i came up with

denver gets :
    ben wallace
    tyrus thomas
    anderson varejao
    krik hinrick
    cleveland gets
    allen iverson
    chicago gets
    kenyon martin
    linas keiza

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...~7~7&te=&cash=

this gives as a few good defensive players and a good pg and a decent center who have played together before

denver line up

hinrick/atkins/AC/jones
    jr/weems
    melo/balkman
    thomas/varejao/anderson
    big ben/nene

hells yea tell me what u think
    pce gussiexx
    gosh i would hate to see kleiza go- but i guess i should stick w what ive been saying the whole time, if it takes kleiza to get that deal done? i think i like that trade alot-

do you think kleiza could replaced in a trade by 2 or 3 picks? how many picks is he worth to you?

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    I was thinking about this and I just seen this in the Clippers forum. If you were the Nuggets would you sign Shaun Livington to a deal? A one year deal to see if he has fully recovered. I think he still has potenial and could probably be the solution to the Nuggets backcourt problem cause the undersize backcourt thing isn't going to cut it.
    livingston is an interesting thought- only wonders is, didnt the clipps supposedly move on from him because he is saying he wont do a 1 year deal? & is the guy hurt for good?

if livingston were to regain his health he could be special in denver w the scorers the nuggets have- ive always been intruiged by this guys potential as a 6-6 natural point gaurd-

he could be the perfect peice- i hope the nugs are willing to add players for above minimum wage, but im not sure they are