Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Is Dirk Nowitzki Underrated??

Duncan
    Malone
    Barkley
    KG
    Nowitzki
    [COLOR="White"]trolololollo[/COLOR]

the rest

His fadeaway may be the single most unstoppable move in NBA history

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Dirk is One of the four guys +25 & +10 career in playoffs. Former MVP as well.

Kevin Garnett's title run : 20.4 ppg 10.5 rpg
    Dirk Nowitzki's title run : 27.7 ppg 8.1 rpg

Career Playoff numbers :

Garnett: 19.6 ppg 11.1 rpg in 105 games
    Nowitzki :25.9 ppg 10.4 rpg in 124 games

They have faced eachother in 02.

Garnett : 24 ppg (42.7%) 18.6 rpg
    Nowitzki : 33.3 ppg (53.4%) 15.6 rpg

Nowitzki has better resume as well.
    cut and dry who is the better playoff and finals performer. Garnett barked a whole lot but never had as much bite as his self-fueled hype claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    His fadeaway may be the single most unstoppable move in NBA history
    You do smoke crack....

Kareems sky hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    You do smoke crack....

Kareems sky hook.
    NO sh!t man. It kills me to see how much ISH overlooks how completely unstoppable Kareem was on both sides of the floor. Jabbar is massively underrated in general. I have him #2 all time behind Mike.

KG is still higher on the all time list, he did alot of things in Minnesota with a team of nobody's year after year were as Dirk always had decent players around him. Those stats obviously show that Dirk preformed better statistically in the playoffs and obviously he was the guy on a team that won a championship which holds considerable weight also but as far as all time and skilled players KG still had the much better all around game on both ends of the floor he was a defensive beast,led the league in rebounds from 2003-2007 & top 10 in defensive win shares from 1999-2011. Dirk obviously is the better offensive player but KG murders him on all round ability not to mention KG is one of the best big man ball handlers ever.

Had KG not been held back by Minnesota he would have been much better off luckily dude left for the Celtics

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

KG vs Dirk is really just preference at this point. They should be ranked very close to each other all time.

I still rank KG higher at this point, but Dirk will most likely finish ahead of him on my list because Dirk is still elite.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

He is because he is white. He is the 2nd Best Forward in the League after Lebron James

Offensively he is just below Barkley and Malone

Defensively Garnett was Better but he Garnett was never a 1st Option Efficient Scorer.

Barkley 1-2 Top PF after Duncan maybe
    Malone Top 3 PF
    Dirk Top 5-6 SF/PF
    Garnett Top 5-6 PF/SF

Right there with McHale and Bob Pettit

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    He is because he is white. He is the 2nd Best Forward in the League after Lebron James

Offensively he is just below Barkley and Malone

Defensively Garnett was Better but he Garnett was never a 1st Option Efficient Scorer.

Barkley 1-2 Top PF after Duncan maybe
    Malone Top 3 PF
    Dirk Top 5-6 SF/PF
    Garnett Top 5-6 PF/SF

Right there with McHale and Bob Pettit
    McHale simply was not the player Dirk is. I think Barkley, Malone, KG, and Dirk can all be debated after Duncan clearly being the best PF ever.

I'd take Dirk over Barkley, Malone, and KG as a player though. Where Dirk ranks all time is a bit harder.

Adbloock<3

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    It does make a career. Championship as franchise player matters. Other than that Dirk has been all time elite playoff performer...One of the four guys +25 & +10 career in playoffs. Former MVP as well.

Only 3 different has been on finals for western teams since 1999. Shaq's Lakers (4),Duncan's Spurs (4) & Kobe's Lakers (2), Nowitzki's Mavericks (2)

Kevin Garnett's title run : 20.4 ppg 10.5 rpg
    Dirk Nowitzki's title run : 27.7 ppg 8.1 rpg

Career Playoff numbers :

Garnett: 19.6 ppg 11.1 rpg in 105 games
    Nowitzki :25.9 ppg 10.4 rpg in 124 games

They have faced eachother in 02.

Garnett : 24 ppg (42.7%) 18.6 rpg
    Nowitzki : 33.3 ppg (53.4%) 15.6 rpg

Nowitzki has better resume as well.
    Yes because determining the best player is made only by points, absolutely nothing matters just as long as you rack up the pts. All hail Allen Iverson the GOAT!

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    Yes because determining the best player is made only by points, absolutely nothing matters just as long as you rack up the pts. All hail Allen Iverson the GOAT!
    Of course not, but Dirk has been one of the best clutch players in the history of the NBA. There are probably only a 5 to 10 players you would rather have on your team with 5 minutes left in a close playoff game other than Dirk. Not eve sure there are that many.

So when you combine Dirk's unique offensive game that is literally impossible to game plan for and his ability to close out games in the playoffs....it becomes a legit debate on who you would rather have...Dirk or KG.

Of course KG's defense matters a lot. But so does Dirk's ability to be a true championship first option.

Adbloock<3

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Of course not, but Dirk has been one of the best clutch players in the history of the NBA. There are probably only a 5 to 10 players you would rather have on your team with 5 minutes left in a close playoff game other than Dirk. Not eve sure there are that many.

So when you combine Dirk's unique offensive game that is literally impossible to game plan for and his ability to close out games in the playoffs....it becomes a legit debate on who you would rather have...Dirk or KG.

Of course KG's defense matters a lot. But so does Dirk's ability to be a true championship first option.
    I would rather have KG, not that i don't like Dirk, great offensive player top 10 all time maybe but i just think he lacks to much defense, not the best rebounder while KG one of the best defender/rebounder in his prime and count in that this guy at 7 ft averaged 6 assist per game while putting up mid 20 in points and it's pretty easy to rank him above Dirk and one of the the best PF in history.

KG is with no doubt top 20 best ever. Dirk?no.

Quote Originally Posted by LamarOdom
    I would rather have KG, not that i don't like Dirk, great offensive player top 10 all time maybe but i just think he lacks to much defense, not the best rebounder while KG one of the best defender/rebounder in his prime and count in that this guy at 7 ft averaged 6 assist per game while putting up mid 20 in points and it's pretty easy to rank him above Dirk and one of the the best PF in history.

KG is with no doubt top 20 best ever. Dirk?no.

Well, Dirk is without a doubt top 20 all time in my opinion. As for defense, Dirk is no KG, but he's hardly a terrible defender. He was never terrible, but he was bad early on in his career. Since 05 though Dirk has been an above average defender actually. Way too much is made of Dirk's defense actually. Back in 03 that was fair. Now? Not really. Take this year for example, the Mavs have a very good defense. 3rd in defensive rating and probably top 5 overall. That simply wouldn't be possible if Dirk was the terrible defender people make him out to be.

And rebounding. Dirk has averaged 10.4 rebounds per game for his career in the playoffs. KG has averaged 11.1.

Rebounding rate?

Dirk 14.4
    KG 17.1

No doubt KG has been the better rebounder, but Dirk has been far better than most people give him credit for.

The truth is that Dirk has led one of the most successful regular season runs in NBA history. 11 straight seasons over 50 wins. And he's been one of the best playoff performers in NBA history. Averaging 26/10/3 on the highest scoring efficiency of any player in playoff history scoring over25 ppg. He's had one of the best and most improbable playoff runs of all time as well.

If that doesn't get you in the top 20 all time and pretty much even with a guy like KG...then logic is being thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

If KG was on decent teams in his prime like Duncan and Dirk he would of easily been a championship first option, but 90% of the time he had to play with people who's names people here would struggle to remember. First time he got a decent team he was in the WCF. Second time he got a decent team NBA Champion and he was the main reason for that championship (and in case you forgot that year he won DPOTY and was 2nd or 3rd in MVP voting so its obvious he was the most vital piece of the championship)

Decent college freshman

dirk is very underrated. i mean, even this year people were talking about kevin love and lamarcus aldridge as the best pf's in the league. no. that would be dirk, and it's not even a contest. he started off slow, but everyone knew he'd get it going eventually, and having watched some of his last few games, he's definitely back. he was great against the knicks today. knicks played well too though.