Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Fans that move from team to team

I just want to watch good basketball. I have zero hometown loyalty. Unless you were born and raised in the town of your team, then it's all just BS anyway.

Player stans - what happens when your player retires?

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Player stans - what happens when your player retires?
    You become annoying like Jlauber...

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    Those fans are true fans of the sport itself.

They don't let sheepish territorial loyalty prevent their admiration of certain players or certain core/cohort of players.

Why cheer for a franchise whose owner/FO/coach/ players do not care about winning or aren't winning even if they tried?

Since the NBA is a business and the fans are the customers, they are free to choose to support another team or player if they aren't happy with the product they are seeing on the court. And should be allowed to so without being called traitors.

But some how on this forum and maybe in real life, those fans are pejoratively called "bandwagonners"

NBA owners are allowed to use shrewd cut-throat methods to pay a player less than his market value because it's a "business"

Players have the freedom to sign elsewhere if they choose because it's a business and it's because they want to improve their legacies or winning chances.

But fans have to stay faithful and loyal to their hometown team and continue to support the team financially even if the owners/FO do not put a decent product and even if players coast complacently through games and collect them checks.

Heck it is the fans and local citizens (who are non fans) who are responsible for chipping it those new arenas (via taxes aka coercion). If those people do not allocate that money for corporate welfare then they highjack the team to some other town who will.

*off soap box*

College superstar

Sorry, but following 1 certain player around like a lost puppy is just pathetic. Would be like "Packers fans" following Favre and becoming "Jets fans" and then becoming "Vikings fans". Now there's nothing wrong with appreciating a players greatness, but you're nothing but a fugazi dick riding f@ggot if you hop around supporting different teams hero worshiping 1 player. Just sad. What team you decide to support after that player retires? Or do you just stop following the sport? Seriously. Makes no sense. Sounds more like infatuation and being a groupie more than "fan".

Maybe because it's a sport that emphasizes individual talent more.

In the real football (soccer), it's ridiculous and stupid for a fan to switch loyalties because of a player's transfer. I haven't heard of any Man Utd fan become a Real Madrid fan because Ronaldo went to Real.

In my Facebook I can see my friends supporting the Cavs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Would be like "Packers fans" following Favre and becoming "Jets fans" and then becoming "Vikings fans".
    Oh man, you just brought back painful memories of the 08 season. The Jets were killing it for the first 12 or so weeks. They were 8-3 and had a nice 5 game win streak going. Then Favre ****ed up his shoulder and everything went to shit in typical Jets fashion.

I'm not sure what was worse, the 08 collapse or the 2011 collapse. The 08 team was better, but losing to the Giants on Christmas Eve was one of the most infuriating losses I've experienced as a Jets fan, which is saying a lot. Sanchez had like 60+ pass attempts in that game ****ing Schottenheimer. All you had to do was run the ball you fool.

But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Oh man, you just brought back painful memories of the 08 season. The Jets were killing it for the first 12 or so weeks. They were 8-3 and had a nice 5 game win streak going. Then Favre ****ed up his shoulder and everything went to shit in typical Jets fashion.

I'm not sure what was worse, the 08 collapse or the 2011 collapse. The 08 team was better, but losing to the Giants on Christmas Eve was one of the most infuriating losses I've experienced as a Jets fan, which is saying a lot. Sanchez had like 60+ pass attempts in that game ****ing Schottenheimer. All you had to do was run the ball you fool.

But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by icemanfan
    honor and loyalty was very important to my generation. A complete and total lack of honor and shit for loyalty is what is important to your generation. Never lived in my Moms basement either. But hey, good for you guys.
    I bet you even had to walk 5 miles barefoot in the snow to school

Banned

Cavs fan since 03 so no probs here

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Cavs fan since 03 so no probs here

You're part of the large shit stain on ISH.

Great job

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Are basically the gypsies of the NBA world. Agree or disagree?

If gypsies is the new term we're using for bandwagon...then yeah, that works. Fair-weather fan also works. Gypsie-weather, Wagongypsie, Wagonweather... the combinations can be entertaining if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    If gypsies is the new term we're using for bandwagon...then yeah, that works. Fair-weather fan also works. Gypsie-weather, Wagongypsie, Wagonweather... the combinations can be entertaining if nothing else.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    Those fans are true fans of the sport itself.

They don't let sheepish territorial loyalty prevent their admiration of certain players or certain core/cohort of players.

Why cheer for a franchise whose owner/FO/coach/ players do not care about winning or aren't winning even if they tried?

Since the NBA is a business and the fans are the customers, they are free to choose to support another team or player if they aren't happy with the product they are seeing on the court. And should be allowed to so without being called traitors.

But some how on this forum and maybe in real life, those fans are pejoratively called "bandwagonners"

NBA owners are allowed to use shrewd cut-throat methods to pay a player less than his market value because it's a "business"

Players have the freedom to sign elsewhere if they choose because it's a business and it's because they want to improve their legacies or winning chances.

But fans have to stay faithful and loyal to their hometown team and continue to support the team financially even if the owners/FO do not put a decent product and even if players coast complacently through games and collect them checks.

Heck it is the fans and local citizens (who are non fans) who are responsible for chipping it those new arenas (via taxes aka coercion). If those people do not allocate that money for corporate welfare then they highjack the team to some other town who will.

*off soap box*

This guy right is responsible for the LeBron sheep. He is trying to reason with himself on why following players is a good thing is head because deep in his heart he knows he is a douche. He, himself, has probably gone through therapy because of this, however, after being told to hospitalize himself to find the core problem, dropped the therapist and is now in denial of his true problem. He is no longer seeking help for his problems, but is now actually embracing his ****ed up mind into thinking he is Jesus.

He is the prophet of sheep. The savior of those who baaaa. He has went on a mission across the sheepland to spread his words and convert others to the underworld, the secret 4th dimension. You simply will not stop him because you can't stop him. He is an unstoppable force that will penetrate REAL actual fans. I am sure such a prophet as indeed converted many people and that is why we are in the situation we are in today.

I feel sorry for your former therapist. He may have had his licensed revoked after your sheeple genocide. Sadly, therapists can't help you unless you truly have the intentions and time of helping yourself. Do not fret though, because I am here to save you, you misguided mother ****er. I, myself, am studying psychology and how the brain and it's chemicals works. From what I have seen so far, you lack the testosterone of that of a regular man. In conclusion, you are willing to be a little bitch.

http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/

Please find a another therapist today and get your problem fixed ASAP.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    lets see what happens when Durant/westbrook leave okc or kobe retires
    this.