Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default Re: Who's the worst NBA announcer/analyst?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Bill Simmons.
    He's the worst. Knows nothing about basketball and awkward as hell. You can tell Magic is eating eat just by listening to him.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Bill Simmons.
    Let's be honest. Simmons is the token on that show. Affirmative Action anyone?

I don't mind Doris Burke at all, though I acknowledge that she isn't the best analyst. She brings a different perspective to the game.

For someone who should have a far greater understanding of the game, based on his years of experience, Mike Fratello is awful.... and has pretty much always been awful.

I usually just put the TV or stream on mute.

The best place to watch sports matches in general is at bar or restaurant, so I don't have to listen to listen to their nonsense.

From when I do listen, Reggie Miller is pretty bad. So is Magic Johnson. I don't watch the shows with Shaq or Simmons often, so I can't really judge. Jon Barry isn't good either, he's a salesman. The worst was Mark Jackson, who was a salesman and had some corny one-lines. At least he found a better job in coaching.

Anyone remember Tim Leger calling Derrick Rose the most dominant point guard since Magic Johnson ? With that said, John Salley also deserves mention from his recent comments on Jordan... Also, anybody biased from the "Now > Then era" or "Then > Now era" category too.

Finally, majority who work for ESPN.
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 03-08-2013 at 10:53 PM.

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

shaq, reggie miller, and bill simmons, but bill simmons take that trophy

Dunking on everybody in the park KrizMiz's Avatar

Sir Charles... listen, let me tell you something, i mean kobeeeeee bryant, listen - let me tell you this, michael i mean lebron james is the best player, in '94 there were, let me just, i mean,............

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

The Denver Nuggets guy who will go out of his way to make it look like opposition players are friends with NBA officials (hence why they get foul calls) and that every time a Nuggets player misses its a foul.

The dude it's just got to the point where hes out of control, I love watching the Nuggets but that guy is a straight out loser.

jeff van gundy and steve kerr........they talk way too much, while the game is playing , they go on and on about other shit......... like stats from a previous game....and go on rants that have nothing to do with the game we are watching.................they talk more then the play-by-play man next to them.....and that is not how it should be

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Celtics commentators are unbearable when a call doesn't go the Celtics way. "THAT'S BOGUS! REFS CAN'T SEE!"

Doris Burke is horrible of course, and then that duo of that one guy and Jon Barry. God damn they're annoying. Steve Kerr, Chris Webber, Reggie Miller, Marv Albert and Kevin Harlan, or basically the TNT crew, is much better.
    I like Steve Kerr.

Matt mother****ing Harpring.

He's awful, and he makes me consider becoming a Laker fan.

EDIT: Speaking of Reggie Miller's terrible-ness, why don't I see Cheryl much anymore? She was awesome.
    Last edited by mrpibb; 03-09-2013 at 05:21 AM.

Serious playground baller schism206's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    I like Steve Kerr.
    Me too, he actually knows what the hell is going on too.

Quote Originally Posted by KrizMiz
    Sir Charles... listen, let me tell you something, i mean kobeeeeee bryant, listen - let me tell you this, michael i mean lebron james is the best player, in '94 there were, let me just, i mean,............

Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    jeff van gundy and steve kerr........they talk way too much, while the game is playing , they go on and on about other shit......... like stats from a previous game....and go on rants that have nothing to do with the game we are watching.................they talk more then the play-by-play man next to them.....and that is not how it should be
    You hate JVG? Didn't think that was possible....and I love when they talk about "other shit". Makes the game entertaining....you need to hear basketball stuff constantly? It's funny when they go off on tangents.....

3-time NBA All-Star

Reggie Miller is the worst

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

mike smith of clippers

Clippers are the most annoying announcers to me, Celtics announcers are the most obnoxious. Everyone may hate the Lakers, but at least the announcers are fair and unbias for the most part. I dont know any other announcers that give so much praise to the other teams players or stars after they make a cool or amazing play than Stu Lantz..