Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Kyrie Irving hits game-winner against Boston; puts up 23/4/6 on 10-14 shooting

Incredible player. So young, so talented and even seems to be humble when interviewed... for me he's by far the #1 in ROY race and I'm a huge Rubio fan too.

Default Re: Kyrie Irving hits game-winner against Boston; puts up 23/4/6 on 10-14 shooting

I just learnt this irving fellow you speak of was born in Australia
    American-Australian

Quote Originally Posted by LiLharvard
    I just learnt this irving fellow you speak of was born in Australia
    American-Australian
    He actually considers himself an Aussie.
    All that's now needed for him to play for the Boomers in this years Olympics is for USA Basketball to agree to let him go cause he played U19 ball for the States.

Banned

DAMMIT! I knew I shouldn't have come to this forum until after I watched the game on LP! Spoilt

Very good NBA starter

He's the perfect combo guard. Not a true point but honestly only Paul,Deron, Kidd,Rono,Nash are the true points.

I do think people forget he has talent, marginal but they aren't bad and they have good coaching in Byron Scott who's done a good job in getting everyone to commit to Defense.

Credit Gilbert for picking the right player and supplying an environment where he can play.

I rule the local playground returnofthemack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Cleveland's second coming has arrived. How far will he lead them in their journey for ultimate glory?

the second coming of who? please dont tell me you mean lebron. why would any cavs fan want that?

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Maybe he should get more minutes?
    when coach scott feels irving is ready for more minutes he will get them. there isnt one good reason in the world he needs to play more minutes right now. let the kid get confident, let him adjust to the nba. but most importantly trust coach scott the guy knows what hes doing with point guards.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    He's the perfect combo guard. Not a true point but honestly only Paul,Deron, Kidd,Rono,Nash are the true points.

I do think people forget he has talent, marginal but they aren't bad and they have good coaching in Byron Scott who's done a good job in getting everyone to commit to Defense.

Credit Gilbert for picking the right player and supplying an environment where he can play.

Are you referring to the supporting cast? I think we are down in that dept. since lebron left.

Casspi stinks, Parker is meh, Jamison is meh, but AV is having a career season.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    before the season started, i though that irving would be our second guy moving forwards, and that we would get that first tier suuperstar in this upcomingdraft.

its looking more and more like irving is a franchise type guy, its hard to imagine he wont be 'our guy' for the next decade

im still hopeful that we can tank our way to a top 5 pick, so we could move forward with a nucleus of irving, thompson, and another elite prospect, with assets like gee, andy, and that sac-town pick being nice pieces for the future.
    its a tough line to walk with the whole tanking thing.once a team buys into a culture of losing it can be very difficult to break out of it. just look at the cleveland browns.

just let the chips land where they are supposed to. if we get that top 5 pick ( which is looking less and less likely by the day) then hopefully we get another great player to go next to irving.

even with a top 5 pick there is no guarantee that the player wont bust. id rather see them stay competative. no matter where that takes us. a huge part of me agrees and wants to see them lose and lose and lose some more for that pick. but thats a dangerous way to go about things. sure it worked for the thunder and maybe it will work for the twolves. on the other hand there are tons of teams that have been loaded with high draft picks year after year and have had nothing to show for it.

i want another trade for a pick. i want 2 years in a row of buying other teams lottery picks and watch the cavs win some games. last year without the clippers pick we end up with tristian and that it. where would we be now if thats all we added last year. i shudder to think.

this draft is considered pretty deep. if they get a top ten pick and more importantly hit on whoever they pick then we will be alright. after the disaster that was last year things are already looking so much better.

Winning>Stats

Pleeze, you gonna cuss Kyrie out when he skips town for somewhere better?

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio33
    not if he doesnt kick dirt in our eyes and do it in the most disrespectfull was possible. so far this kid doesnt seem anything like lebron. first of all his nickname is the king or the chosen one. hes not a hometown guy who knows first hand the pain that cleveland sports fans have gone through and tried to add to it in such a way that he knew would be hurtfull. he was calling it the decision before the special. he knew it would be mentioned in the same sentace as the drive and the fumble and the shot.

we have had plenty of great sports players leave cleveland before and none of them have been hated as much as lebron. why is that? just bc we really dont like lebron more then the others? no its bc lebron is a megadouche

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio33

somewhere better? whats better then cleveland? have you even visited this city or are you just talking out your butt?

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    He's the perfect combo guard. .
    right now that's right. people just don't wanna say it. Hopefully he can develop the ability to run a team but he has never shown such an ability thus yet. And it is hard to learn the ropes in the NBA because you wanna win and you fall back on the talents that are already there.