Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Now Chris Bosh says he

His last season in Toronto (2009-10), Chris Bosh got 35 percent of his touches in the post (according to Synergy Sports) and took 56.8 percent of his shot attempts within 10 feet of the rim. He played more like a traditional center.

Last season with LeBron James and the Miami Heat, Bosh got just 7.5 percent of his touches in the post and took 38.6 percent within 10 feet of the rim — yet more than half his shots came from outside 16 feet. The Heat system used him to space the floor.

Now LeBron is gone from Miami and while the Heat are still going to go small they are going to ask Bosh to play more in the post — and Bosh is excited about that, he told Shandel Richardson of the Sun Sentinel.

“I had to play a role,” Bosh said Tuesday, speaking at an appearance at a Warren Henry Auto Group event in Kendall. “I had to play the role for the championships. I feel that I’m back to doing what comes naturally for me, which is being back in the post, being more aggressive. I’m really excited to show the city of Miami what I have…

“They didn’t need me to do that [play in the post],” Bosh said. “(Wade) and LeBron were our post guys. I kind of really used to those tools that I gained and put it all together.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...post-for-heat/
    Last edited by JohnMax; 09-24-2014 at 11:47 AM.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Now Chris Bosh says he

Weren't they begging him to get in the post?

Inb4 rabid Brawn fans

edit: too late

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

My niga Bosh finally back to bangin with dudes in the post. No more LeBron ball.

I wonder if ESPN is still gonna hype that "makes his teammates better" BS. Cus so far every teammate he's had basically says he made them play out of their comfort zone, made them worse players.

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    I wonder if ESPN is still gonna hype that "makes his teammates better" BS. Cus so far every teammate he's had basically says he made them play out of their comfort zone, made them worse players.

Part of the problem is that there is no point in letting other guys be your primary option for a play type when you have Lebron.

Why set up a lot of Bosh post ups, when Lebron is better at it.

Why run a bunch of Dwade PnR, when Lebron is better at it.

Why ISO either of those guys when you can just ISO Lebron.

So his teammates are left to take their opportunities when Bron is tired or on the bench, or when they have a highly favorable matchup.

Bosh is going to be a 20+ ppg scorer this year, on better efficiency.
    That doesn't mean that the Heat were wrong to put him in a smaller role when he played besides Bron. Individual player stats are a poor metric for team success.

Bosh is quicker than almost everyone who can match up length wise with him. He's a knockdown jumpshooter inside the arc, and he's a great finisher. He's headed for a redemption season after years of assholes making fun of him. Who cares if he's flaming?
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 09-24-2014 at 12:06 PM.

College superstar

To be fair, they won 2/4 and Lebron has emerged as probably the best post player in the league.

[QUOTE]
    "I had to play a role for the championships"

I'll believe it when I see it.

when you lead said teammates to 4 finals and 2 titles, when they had little to no shot before-hand, then yes...he did make the team/teammates better as the overall success is proven

Love/Kyrie is going to take a dip in stats this year, but both will be a better/accomplished player alongside Lebron as they aim for more title runs...something they weren't better at before Lebron came to town

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    My niga Bosh finally back to bangin with dudes in the post. No more LeBron ball.
    Lebron ball won him 2 rings.

[quote]

Bosh playing in the post will last for two weeks tops.
    I notice that the article neglected to mention how efficient Bosh was when he did post up last season. How convenient.
    The Heat will quickly realize that Bosh is too soft to post anyone up, and he will be back to launching 3's in no time. Book it.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Bosh playing in the post will last for two weeks tops.
    I notice that the article neglected to mention how efficient Bosh was when he did post up last season. How convenient.
    The Heat will quickly realize that Bosh is too soft to post anyone up, and he will be back to launching 3's in no time. Book it.

Have you ever posted up anybody in your life though? Of course he's gonna struggle posting up Centers. They're bigger and stronger and longer than him. He'll be ok doing it against PFs though. I wish he would have attacked the basket and used his quickness when he was going against Centers.

Suprise suprise, Wade and Bosh make "I'm inspired to get back to what I do" comments after Bron leaves. Where was this last year when the Heat needed it? Like Wade it will start well at the beginning, then fizzle out midway through the season.