Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: How solid is the current Houston Rockets line-up?

Did the Rockets even improve their roster this year?

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    They replaced Asik with 37 year old Jason Terry, and Parsons and Lin with Trevor Ariza AFTER he got his contract.

Learning to shoot layups King Boozer's Avatar

OP trolling. Bev will start and i hear Canaan might get some respectful minutes? It's a toss up though between him & Ish Smith. I still think they have the weakest PG rotation right now in the NBA.

I'd be surprised if Terry has any impact whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Asik missed a ton of games last year so him being gone really won't make that much of a difference.
    Parsons rarely created anything. Mainly catch and shoot or drive for a dunk. No defense. I think Ariza can shoot better. Will slash less though. Major improvement on defense.
    Lin never really got a chance because of McHale. Losing him and having no real 6th man will hurt for sure, but because of McHale's i guess hatred of him, we won't miss him because he hardly ever got to do shit anyway.

I don't think we improved, but I don't think we got too much worse. Nowhere near the degree that most seem to think on this board. I fully believe we'll still make the playoffs and lose in the first round. Unless we make a coaching change early in the season then we'll revisit this statement.

Dunking on everybody in the park

The Houston Rockets lineup is definitely good enough to claim the seventh or eighth seed in the Western Conference and lose in the first round, again.

Plus we all know Patrick Beverly will be the other starter at guard, not Jason Terry. Jason Terry will clearly be coming off the bench, especially at this stage of his career.

Either way, Houston will be on the bottom part of the bracket in the Western Conference playoffs. They will be first-run fodder for Oklahoma City, San Antonio or the Clippers.
    Last edited by SOD 21; 09-24-2014 at 11:13 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Asik missed a ton of games last year so him being gone really won't make that much of a difference.
    It will in the playoffs. Only thing Rockets could do against Aldridge was play Asik and Howard at the same time.