Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Jim Buss where is the logic ?

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...adline-not-met

What I've made clear is only Kobe Bryant can decide when Kobe Bryant is done playing basketball," she said. "What I do want to stress is that we are celebrating his 20th year with the Lakers, which I don't think you're going to see very often
    Sounds very sentimental and lacks planning for the future. So they celebrate another losing year, after missing the playoffs two years in a row and after their worst season record.

I don't see the logic here.

Default Re: Jim Buss where is the logic ?

Show respect and dedication to your players in hope other see how they could be treated?

Also he's an all time great, he deserves a it.

Jeanie?

Obviously a quote from jeanie and not her brother

Well, I asked my brother, how long until we're back into contention? And when I say 'contention,' that means past the second round, so either the Western Conference Finals or the NBA Finals," she said. "And he told me that it would take three years to rebuild it. So we've just finished Year 1 of that three-year [plan]. So we have two more years until he feels that we'll be back into going past the second round in the playoffs."

How would she evaluate how her brother has fared in his role thus far?

"I think that it's been clear that for the Lakers to miss the playoffs two seasons in a row, that's never happened before," she said. "We are coming off our worst season in the history of the franchise, which is tough to swallow, because my dad [former Lakers owner Jerry Buss] set the bar so high. But my brother had asked that he be given time to put together the kind of roster. And I agree that he needs the time so that he can show people what he envisions as Laker basketball going forward. "

Decent playground baller DirkLegend41's Avatar

Her brother doesn't know anything about basketball. Should go back to Horse Racing. He's good at that and stick with that.

They did this for Jeter too and now the Yankees are fine, don't see the big deal.

According to her, Jim has three years, doesn't make any sense. Because 1 year has already gone. Next season is going to be another Kobe celebration season. So this moves us to the 2016/2017- that the Lakers are getting past the second round according to her on behalf of Jim. Unlikely, non-nonsensical.

Banned

It comes with the territory after a legend leaves the team and that is losing. Look at the Chicago Bulls when MJ retired. Took them a long ass time to get back to where they are now.

First of all, it all starts at the top, if we can find a sustainable coach with the young guys we have, we are in good shape. I rather build from the draft than putting together a bunch of colluding players.

Lets face it, players don't care who they play for when they get together. Getting together can win you a championship regardless where you play at. The Spurs did it right by constantly reloading and they have one heck of a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    It comes with the territory after a legend leaves the team and that is losing. Look at the Chicago Bulls when MJ retired. Took them a long ass time to get back to where they are now.

First of all, it all starts at the top, if we can find a sustainable coach with the young guys we have, we are in good shape. I rather build from the draft than putting together a bunch of colluding players.

Lets face it, players don't care who they play for when they get together. Getting together can win you a championship regardless where you play at. The Spurs did it right by constantly reloading and they have one heck of a coach.

The Buss family think that this is going to be 3 years away (including the current season). If you calculate the variables logically, the Lakers are going to become one of the worst franchise's in the strong West for a lot longer than 3 seasons.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Just hand the keys to Jeannie.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmer
    The Buss family think that this is going to be 3 years away (including the current season). If you calculate the variables logically, the Lakers are going to become one of the worst franchise's in the strong West for a lot longer than 3 seasons.
    While I agree with your sentiments but it won't stop free agents from not wanting to come to L.A. As mentioned before, this is a ring chasing league and players don't care whether it is Los Angeles or Milwaukee but preferably somewhere nice. My point is the luster that comes with playing for the Lakers are gone.

Guys like Kobe set the bar too damn high. They would rather win a championship for a shit team because it helps their legacy than play for the Lakers and win a championship because it is the norm here.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    While I agree with your sentiments but it won't stop free agents from not wanting to come to L.A. As mentioned before, this is a ring chasing league and players don't care whether it is Los Angeles or Milwaukee but preferably somewhere nice. My point is the luster that comes with playing for the Lakers are gone.

Guys like Kobe set the bar too damn high. They would rather win a championship for a shit team because it helps their legacy than play for the Lakers and win a championship because it is the norm here.
    I don't see FA lining up to join the Lakers, the ownership, coaching and future direction is all very fragile at the moment. FA will join the organisation that can offer stability and clear future direction. Sentiment is not a good basis to run the future direction of a team. This is a cut throat league.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    Just hand the keys to Jeannie.
    yeah.. she can put up more "stay D12" billboards

The ISH'ers Champion!

Any clown that thinks an exec of a franchise like the Lakers will shit on a franchise player that brought them 5 rings by saying something stupid to the media must be really retarded.

Correct answer. Not sure you can inject intelligence into OP.