Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Fire Dwane Casey

Default Iman Shumpert re-signs with Cavs for 4/40

I applaud Dan Gilbert for doing whatever it takes to bring the championship to Cleveland

Default Re: Iman Shumpert re-signs with Cavs for 4/40

What does Shumpert do at an above average level?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    I applaud Dan Gilbert for doing whatever it takes to bring the championship to Cleveland
    Gilbert is doing exactly what he has always done, just on a bigger stage and with even more money than ever possible. He's one of the very best owners in the league. Money is no object. He will spend whatever it takes to get a winner and that's half the battle.

So far today, Dan has spent $235 million on three players, none of whom are named LeBron James.

...and more is coming, folks. Stay tuned.

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

Dam.....how much money does Cleveland have to just be throwing it around like this?

Banned

Mediocre player, but $10 M a year isnt bad when the new cap hits, it will be equivalent to $5 M under the current CBA

In other words, another L for the Lakers
    Last edited by dubeta; 07-01-2015 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    What does Shumpert do at an above average level?
    He was one of the best perimeter defenders in the entire playoffs. He can guard all three perimeter positions and, in a league with so many gifted point guards and dead-eye shooters, that is a hugely important piece for any title contender.

He essentially shut down Isaiah Thomas in Round 1, made life rough for Derrick Rose and Jimmy Butler in Round 2, completely shut down Kyle Korver until he was injured in Round 3 and then did a great job on Klay in The Finals.

He is an elite defender at this point. I think he has proven that much.

Dude is a fvcking bum. Plug any other run of the mill wing player in for him and nothing changes

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    He was one of the best perimeter defender in the entire playoffs. He can guard all three perimeter positions and, in a league with so many gifted point guards and dead-eye shooters, that is a hugely important piece for any title contender.

He essentially shut down Isaiah Thomas in Round 1, made life rough for Derrick Rose and Jimmy Butler in Round 2, completely shut down Kyle Korver until he was injured in Round 3 and then did a great job on Klay in The Finals.

He is an elite defender at this point. I think he has proven that much.
    He was a much better defender in 2012. No? He didn't seem as impressive to me this year albeit I didn't follow the cavs much outside the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderfan86
    Dam.....how much money does Cleveland have to just be throwing it around like this?

Dan Gilbert > Bruce Wayne

He gets $40 mill because he was a good defender 3 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta

In other words, another L for the Lakers
    What does this have to do with the Lakers? God, why haven't you been banned again? Not a single useful post all day.

Anyway, after locking in LeBron and whoever else, aren't the Cavs looking at the highest salary+tax bill in history this coming year? Yikes. Dan better open his money bin.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    He was a much better defender in 2012. No? He didn't seem as impressive to me this year albeit I didn't follow the cavs much outside the playoffs.
    I don't see how he could have been better. He never had been put on the hot seat with that many consecutive talented guards. I thought he was awesome.

People usually remember the last thing they saw in these kinds of situations and Shump had some problems after he hurt his shoulder in the Golden State series. But, through the first three rounds and then the first two games of the Finals, he was worth every penny of a $10 million contract.

Klay Thompson shot 40% from the field and 30% from three in The Finals after having splits of 46/43/76 in the previous three rounds. That wasn't a coincidence. Shumpert was in his shirt all series.

In the ECF, Korver was 4-for-10 from three prior to getting hurt at the end of Game 2. He was having a difficult time even getting shots up.

And, Shump is only just turned 25 this past month. He's a part of the team's longterm core.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    Dude is a fvcking bum. Plug any other run of the mill wing player in for him and nothing changes

He did struggled in the finals, but he had some good games in the playoffs. He's going to be a solid 6th to 7th option. And he's a solid defender.

Local High School Star

$10 mil a year for 8 and 3?