Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

It's tough being a Kobe stan, they watched their idol get surpassed by Lebron before he even had Finals hardware

As a result they've acted like starving ticks 10+ years to see Lebron get surpassed. Using Curry as a host, using Durant as a host, now using Kawhi as a host. Simple elementary formula, coat tailing the best player on the best team.

The irony of it all is: they still can't comprehend what made Lebron surpass Kobe in the first place.

[SPOILER] [COLOR="White"]Being a better basketball player[/COLOR]

Kobe Stan

Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    They outplayed and were beating GS in the games that Klay played so that doesnt make a difference.

Anything else (Durant) iis not only a hypothetical but irrelevant. Beating Curry-Klay-Draymond is a huge feat in itself. We aren't about to qualify a successful run by wondering whether a 4th superstar in Durant would have meant that the Raps would not have won.
    I'm not dissing Kawhi's play in the finals, he was very good.

I'm just saying he would not have 2 FMVPS if Durant were healthy. It's also not a knock to lose against the Warriors with Durant.

Durant would be the one with 3 FMVPS and Kawhi would have 1. No one could ever convince me otherwise.

You can't say Durant (best player in the world) missing the finals is irrelevant.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk

I'm just saying he would not have 2 FMVPS if Durant were healthy. It's also not a knock to lose against the Warriors with Durant.

[COLOR="Blue"]Durant would be the one with 3 FMVPS and Kawhi would have 1. No one could ever convince me otherwise.
    [/COLOR]
    Most people agree with you that Durant would have his 3rd Finals MVP if he was healthy - that isn't news

But Kawhi still achieved Lebron's 2016 accomplishment by beating the Curry/Klay/Dray warriors..

and that was without Dray getting suspended, and with curry being 100% (30 ppg in 19' versus only 22 in 16')... And plus Durant actually played a quarter in Willis Reed fashion that won Game 5 - it would've been Raps in 5 if Durant doesn't play that game

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk

I'm just saying he would not have 2 FMVPS if Durant were healthy. [COLOR="DarkRed"]It's also not a knock to lose against the Warriors with Durant.[/COLOR]
    It is if you give up 36 on 56% to him and have a poor brand of ball that underuses your 26 ppg 3rd option (underachieving super-team)

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I can understand a Kobe fan not thinking MVPs matter much for ATG rankings but they do. Between the MVPs and the stats there's no argument for Leonard over James career vs. career. He is a better player bow though until/unless James decides to play defense again.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I can understand a Kobe fan not thinking MVPs matter much for ATG rankings but they do. Between the MVPs and the stats there's no argument for Leonard over James career vs. career. He is a better player bow though until/unless James decides to play defense again.
    It isn't just defense..

Kawhi's offense > Lebron's the same way Mark Price's > Iverson's

Lebron has always needed more help than kawhi because his stats come at the expense of teammates

Kawhi/Wade/Bosh would never lose.... Kawhi/Lowry beat the warriors, so what would Kawhi/Kyrie do?... Lebron simply underachieved with all those guys

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    It isn't just defense..

Kawhi's offense > Lebron's the same way Mark Price's > Iverson's

Lebron has always needed more help than kawhi because his stats come at the expense of teammates

Kawhi/Wade/Bosh would never lose.... Kawhi/Lowry beat the warriors, so what would Kawhi/Kyrie do?... Lebron simply underachieved with all those guys
    I have no interest in your idiocy, thanks but no thanks.

I have no interest in your idiocy, thanks but no thanks.
    I get it - you're a fan and are allowed to believe whatever you want about this professional entertainment

But you're wrong and can't support your position or refute mine.. those are the facts... You prefer the groupthink that's usually wrong and that's fine...

Lebron's westbrooking brand is suboptimal and the only reason he isn't ringless like all the other skill-less ball-dominators is because he team-hopped.. period... Now carry on

Oh, and despite playing in the highest ORtg era ever, and despite playing with 2 elite scorers and elite shooting, lebron's offenses peaked at #26 and #46 all-time... Meanwhile, MJ has goat team ORtg's with much less offensive help... #groupthink

I get it - you're a fan and are allowed to believe whatever you want about this professional entertainment

But you're wrong and can't support your position or refute mine.. those are the facts... You prefer the groupthink that's usually wrong and that's fine...

Lebron's westbrooking brand is suboptimal and the only reason he isn't ringless like all the other skill-less ball-dominators is because he team-hopped.. period... Now carry on

Oh, and despite playing in the highest ORtg era ever, and despite playing with 2 elite scorers and elite shooting, lebron's offenses peaked at #26 and #46 all-time... Meanwhile, MJ has goat team ORtg's with much less offensive help... #groupthink
    You're dumb enough to think an argument can't be made for the greatness of a guy that is 4th all time in scoring and always a triple-double threat. You're a fanatical moron on a pointless mission whose primary tactic is to reply ad nauseam with boredom. Not interested.

Kawhi beat an injured Warriors without KD. Yikes. Asterisk ring, dog.

You're dumb enough to think an argument can't be made for the greatness of a guy that is 4th all time in scoring and always a triple-double threat. You're a fanatical moron on a pointless mission whose primary tactic is to reply ad nauseam with boredom. Not interested.

You're dumb enough to think an argument can't be made for the greatness of [COLOR="Blue"]a guy that is 4th all time in scoring and always a triple-double threat. [/COLOR]You're a fanatical moron on a pointless mission whose primary tactic is to reply ad nauseam with boredom. Not interested.
    Karl Malone is 2nd all-time in scoring and always a 20/10 threat

So better than Lebron by your logic

But zero rings because no team-hopping and he faced MJ instead of Dirk or Duncan.

Lebron's team-hopping camouflaged an otherwise normally-losing cp3-westbrooking style

Karl Malone is 2nd all-time in scoring and always a 20/10 threat

So better than Lebron by your logic

But zero rings because no team-hopping and he faced MJ instead of Dirk or Duncan.

Lebron's team-hopping camouflaged an otherwise normally-losing cp3-westbrooking style
    Malone better than Lebron??? you smoking something???

But zero rings because no team-hopping

Team-hopping? Last time I recall Malone was with Kobe Bryant. STACKED.