Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Scottie Pippen: Ultimate Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    And with Jordan in 1991 he avg 21/7/7 on 50%, so why are people acting like he played out of his freakin mind when MJ left?
    1994>>1991 Pip. Its not all about pretty stats. 1991 Pippen first year of pressure and finals. The addition of Toni and Grant getting better in 94 showed great results. Pippen had a ego and messed up when he sat on the bench when Phil called a play.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    1994>>1991 Pip. Its not all about pretty stats. 1991 Pippen first year of pressure and finals. The addition of Toni and Grant getting better in 94 showed great results. Pippen had a ego and messed up when he sat on the bench when Phil called a play.
    Didn't say 91 was a greater version of Pip, but acting like as soon as Jordan left he became some superhero is crazy. Pippen was a great damn ball player, but this dude put him in the Magic/Bird realm. Pip was one of my favorite players, actually modeled my game after his at a lower level of course.....but Pippen was not a better help defender than MJ and on the ball defense was slightly better than championship run MJ. MJ was a monster defensively earlier before Pip developed into a starter/contributor, its well known from coaches and players from that time.

I do agree, Pip was just more valuable because he could guard more positions than MJ, therefore making him a better more versatile defender.

Its kind of sad that Pippen, Duncan, Kobe would probably not get a DPOY award even tho they're the best if not one of the best defender in their primes..

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    Its kind of sad that Pippen, Duncan, Kobe would probably not get a DPOY award even tho they're the best if not one of the best defender in their primes..
    It's sad for Pippen and Duncan because they were actually deserving. Those guys had to anchor their teams defensively in their prime. Kobe has never been on that level in impact or consistency.

College superstar

And with Jordan in 1991 he avg 21/7/7 on 50%, so why are people acting like he played out of his freakin mind when MJ left?
    For 1

Didn't say 91 was a greater version of Pip, but acting like as soon as Jordan left he became some superhero is crazy. Pippen was a great damn ball player, but this dude put him in the Magic/Bird realm. Pip was one of my favorite players, actually modeled my game after his at a lower level of course.....but Pippen was not a better help defender than MJ and on the ball defense was slightly better than championship run MJ. MJ was a monster defensively earlier before Pip developed into a starter/contributor, its well known from coaches and players from that time.

I do agree, Pip was just more valuable because he could guard more positions than MJ, therefore making him a better more versatile defender.
    He was an MVP and DPOY caliber/Franchise type player. Thats the point. I think its also fair to note, Pippens stats went UP despite league avgs going down. On avg NBA teams took 7150 shots for the season in 91. In 94, the leagues team avg WENT DOWN to 6900 roughly. Thats about 3 less shot attempts per game per team. If the FG attempts stayed the same, then Pippens avg goes up a point or two. Then factor in that FTs dont count as a FG attempt.
    On avg teams took 100 less shot attempts per seasons. I think its safe to say under 91 circumstances, 94 Pippens stats would look like 23.5/9.3/7 per game. Along with everything else he did.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

[QUOTE=Ne 1]For 1

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    I would say Kobe is the ultimate defender. he is able to stop his 4 teammates from scoring.
    Not gonna lie, this was pretty funny