Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Shaq would rather have Brook Lopez over Dwight

what does it say about lopez? that shouldn't be the question...it should be, what does it say about shaq? the answer is he's still immature and holds meaningless grudges.

shaq just doesn't like dwight so anything he says pertaining to him really shouldn't be taken seriously. he isn't objective at all

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

new game!! what would shaq do rather than ever complimenting Dwight.

Shaq would probably eat a bowl of Kobe's steaming shit before he would call howard the best center in the nba.

edit: yes he hates dwight howard that much

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Damn Shaq, would you like some pepper with that salt?

Shaq hates dwight that's why... Never take what he says seriously. His analysis on the NBA is so bad... Its painful to listen to.

College star

Observing Shaq post-NBA career has spoke volumes to the character he carries as a man. By his own admission, he makes statements such as "Bynum is the best center in the league" to stir controversy and arouse interest; he has stated he does not actually believe some of the things he says. As disappointing as it is to hear that, I'm only mildly displeased because I'm aware such is "craft" of members of the media. And that is precisely what Shaq is now: a member of the media.

However, when that aspect of Shaq's new identity is coupled with the massive levels of immaturity he bathes in, he becomes really, really inadept to make any serious basketball assessment. How...or why...should anyone take what this guy says for more than a grain of salt? To say he rather have Brook Lopez than Dwight Howard because "Lopez is one of the only centers that playa with his back to the basket" is like saying you rather have Klay Thompson than Wade because Thompson is one of the only shooting guards that can shoot from anywhere on the court.

The game of basketball continuously evolves, and the impact a player has goes much farther than his style in play on the offensive side of the ball. But, any person with more than a termite brain could tell you that. And, I'm sure Shaq knows that. But like a 16 year old high school girl, Shaq can't bear having the attention on someone else, so he will continue to say outlandish things like this and discredit Dwight (whom I thought he had befriended last Spring?) for effect.

And I'll just continue to laugh at the fact that a 40 year old man who was one of the greatest players any generation of basketball fans will ever see can be so emotionally insecure

Shaq needs to get over his blind dwight hate..
    Nets didn't exactly have many other options at C, yeah they overpaid, but Lopez is a decent C. Most of them are disgustingly overpaid now

as far as the 17/7 projections, that's reasonable. the problem is, does that merit a max contract? imo, a max contract should be given out to players that can score 20 ppg, have elite defense or elite rebounding. lopez literally has none of those aspects. he's not even much of a playmaker. almost all his assists come from simple kickouts.

on top of that, he's coming off some serious foot injuries. big men with stress fractures in their feet usually don't end up faring too well in the long-run. between JJ and lopez, that team's cap space is severely limited for the next couple years.

Shaq constantly talks shit about a potential new franchise player for the Lakers, the team that's retiring his jersey this season, and people wonder why so many Laker fans have soured on him?

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    this

almost every single neg I get is signed '-CF86' lol
    lmao

CF ain't like that, he wouldn't neg a fly

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    this

almost every single neg I get is signed '-CF86' lol

EDIT: on cue:

Shaq would rather have... 09-29-2012 08:58 PM Stop mentioning my name - CF86

lol I've never even interacted with you my man, this is like the 8th neg from you, though I'm not sure how many are actually yours
    I've gotten a neg signed "-CF86", and it's hilarious because he's one of about three posters that I can say almost certainly would NOT neg me randomly. I'm pretty sure those negs you're getting with that sig are faked by people trying to bring his bars down.

Saw a basketball once

Shaq is silly for trying to bash Dwight Howard. Shaq had all the talent in the world but his work ethnic was horrible so he tries to bash the good centers in the league in Bynum and Howard to keep his self revelant. Stupid move by Shaq.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Who listens to Shaq? Great player, lousy analyst.

Deron did a great job playing with Boozer. It remains to be seen if Lopez can play the pick n' roll nearly as well as Boozer did. But what's to say Johnson is really torching the PPG?

But I'd say that 17.5/8.5 is a good minimum for him. I'd like to see him grab 9 RPG and I think it's possible...with that said, they could very well monitor his minutes, due to the foot issues from last year.

It'd have been cool to see Lopez in New Orleans (not just for his Brother). I think he and Anthony Davis could be a great combination.

Shaq should not be discussed.

Banned

Sure is a bunch of Shaq haters on here. Tell me where in his quote he even mentions Howard? He praises another player, OMG he's dissin Howard guise.

Banned

Can't wait for Dwight to win a title so Shaq will commit suicide on TV! He's so insecure