Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Weird and random facts you may not have known about the NBA and it's players.

Random Facts:

The first minority player in the NBA entered the league in 1947, an American born (Ogden, Utah) Japanese player that was drafted by the Knicks.

A.C. Green isn't actually a virgin, he's a "born again virgin" which meant he chose to not have premarital sex after he was baptized.

Kwame Brown has scars on his forearm from cigarrette burns given to him by his abusive father.

Bill Walton used to have a severe stuttering problem. He also once threw his shoe at the basketball during a game.

Add more if you got them.

Default Re: Weird and random facts you may not have known about the NBA and it's players.

For 3 years from 2004-2007 Marquis Daniels was the highest paid player in the '03 draft class, ahead of Lebron, Wade, Melo, Bosh etc.

Washed up streetballer ACCBaller1403's Avatar

Default Re: Weird and random facts you may not have known about the NBA and it's players.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    He also once threw his shoe at the basketball during a game.
    Explain please. Not sure what you mean here.

Random NBA fact: James Worthy was arrested for soliciting prostitution during the Lakers' series with the Rockets. He actually was released and played in the game the next day though Sam Perkins started in his spot.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

The first minority player in the NBA entered the league in 1947, an American born (Ogden, Utah) Japanese player that was drafted by the Knicks.
    Wasn't America still hateful of Japanese back then? How the hell did he get in? Anyway, good for him.

A.C. Green isn't actually a virgin, he's a "born again virgin" which meant he chose to not have premarital sex after he was baptized.
    Homies over hoes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV2U3yLSDvQ

Kwame Brown has scars on his forearm from cigarrette burns given to him by his abusive father.

No wonder why he sucks.

I kid, I kid. Still sucks though.

Bill Walton used to have a severe stuttering problem. He also once threw his shoe at the basketball during a game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM3Z_Kskl_U

Walton would've hit Bush.

I don't have any random info!
    Last edited by Micku; 03-15-2009 at 09:05 PM.

Josh Howard

Are you sure about that ? Link ?

World Champion WOOOO~!

Maybe Kwame's abusive past has something to do with him not responding well to Jordan's tough love?

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

[quote=bisk]Josh Howard

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Reggie too. Not sure if they were broken but I know he had to wear braces through much of childhood.
    for some reason its really easy for me to imagine reggie with leg braces, lol.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    Are you sure about that ? Link ?
    Chick Hearn actually talked about it in a couple of interviews I've heard so I don't have a link. He thought people were unfairly making a big deal about it and making fun of AC.

I tried to google the Walton shoe thing but I couldn't find it, but this was also from Chick Hearn, when asked about the craziest thing he's ever seen during a game. Bill Walton lost his shoe during and game and bent down to put it back on, someone threw up a shot (it may have been a free throw) and Bill Walton decided to take his shoe and throw it at the ball. Someone else has to have heard about this, I don't think I'm going crazy.

First player suspended for biting another player
    Wayne "Tree" Rollins, Atlanta, April 24, 1983
    Boston was leading the deciding game of its 1983 playoff series with Atlanta when Tree Rollins elbowed Danny Ainge. The feisty Celtics guard responded by tackling the 7-foot-1 Hawks center.

As the two struggled on the floor, Rollins sank his teeth into one of Ainge's fingers, opening a gash that required five stitches. The NBA handed Rollins a five-game suspension, one game for each stitch. The next day's headline in Boston read: "Tree Bites Man."

First player sued because of a dog bite
    Tracy McGrady, Houston, January 2005
    When McGrady returned to play in Orlando for the first time since an off-season trade to Houston, reporters wanted to ask him about his dog, Max. The Rockets guard had just been sued by a man who claimed that he lost the tip of his nose when McGrady's Rottweiler attacked him on Aug. 25, 2004, at the player's Florida mansion.

Fred Chamberlin, who was employed by McGrady at the time as a home maintenance engineer, said he was attacked on the second floor of the house after climbing a flight of stairs. When Max jumped him, the 57-year-old Chamberlin fell backward down the stairs, leaving him with a ringing in his ears. McGrady admitted that Max is a "very vicious dog," but said that he is usually nice. "I feel terrible," McGrady said. "I didn't think he had it in him."

Most bizarre excuse for missing a season opener
    Burned corneas: Charles Barkley, Phoenix, November 1994
    Barkley missed the opening game of the 1994-95 season with one of the most unbelievable ailments of all time. Apparently the stage lights at an Eric Clapton concert he attended were too bright, causing him to rub his eyes. A nasty chemical reaction occurred due to the hand lotion Barkley had been using, and he burned the first layer of his corneas.

Most preposterous use of a basketball card
    For personal identification: Qyntel Woods, Portland, 2002
    In March 2002, Woods was stopped by police for speeding. As he rolled down the window of his Cadillac Escalade, marijuana fumes poured out.

The police searched the vehicle and found a small amount of grass. When the Trail Blazers rookie was asked for his driver's license and proof of insurance, he had neither. Instead, he handed the officers his basketball card as identification. He was charged with marijuana possession and driving without a license and no proof of insurance.

Qyntel Woods
    Qyntel Woods' stock dropped because of off-the-court issues.

Woods provided proof of insurance in July to lift the suspension, but his license was suspended again on July 28 when he failed to appear at his court hearing.

Seven months later, Woods was stopped again by the same police officer for failing to use his turn signals. In a bad case of d
    Last edited by Meticode; 03-15-2009 at 09:29 PM.

Intelligent fan

Chick Hearn actually talked about it in a couple of interviews I've heard so I don't have a link. He thought people were unfairly making a big deal about it and making fun of AC.

I tried to google the Walton shoe thing but I couldn't find it, but this was also from Chick Hearn, when asked about the craziest thing he's ever seen during a game. Bill Walton lost his shoe during and game and bent down to put it back on, someone threw up a shot (it may have been a free throw) and Bill Walton decided to take his shoe and throw it at the ball. Someone else has to have heard about this, I don't think I'm going crazy.
    I actually saw the footage. Don't remember where but don't worry, you're not crazy.

Allen Iverson enjoys drawing in his spare time

Certified ISHiot.

charlie villanueva has three older brothers all named robert.

Decent playground baller Lone Laker's Avatar

Luke Walton's stalker, Stacy Elizabeth Beshear, was recently arrested. She's pretty ugly, but hey, it's Luke Walton...