I don't get picked last at the park anymore xoneatom's Avatar

Default Hassan isn't the kind of player LA needs right now

I think Hassan is a legit talent and deserves a max contract depending on the team he goes to. However, I don't think he is the kind of player the Lakers need right now. There is no leader on that young roster; their "veterans" are nick and lou, who of which I personally think they should get rid of. Unless Horford is just trying to win now, I think the Lakers should go after him more. He's a veteran who'll bring cohesive leadership that the young Lakers don't have yet. Just my 2 cents but hey, maybe Luke can work up some magic

btw, Ezeli sucks :)
    Last edited by xoneatom; 06-28-2016 at 02:16 PM.

Default Re: Hassan isn't the kind of player LA needs right now

I think he's exactly the kind of player that the Lakers need right now, partially because of his play and partially because of the current situation in LA.

Say we include Whiteside on the Lakers, you're looking at the following starting 5 or something close to it:

Whiteside 26
    Randle 21
    Ingram, 18 but soon 19
    Clarkson, just turned 24
    Russel 20

The four except Whiteside, and also some other pieces like Nance could turn into a very good team in a few years, but they need to start learning how to win from now on and in - LA don't want to draft high again even if becoming a middle pack team for a year or two is the alternative.
    So you have to get a center who can help this group win a bit and you have to get him this off-season,if not, you're delaying the development of the rest of the group.
    Whiteside is the best alternative here, he's 26 and possibly the leagues best shot blocker, something LA will need as the rest of the group haven't realized their defensive potential yet.
    Give him a 4 year contract, if he's declining by the end of it or turns out to be the feared headcase, you can still plug in another center in 3-4 years with the rest of the group, maybe someone like Cauley-Stein is just what they need at that time, who knows, the point is that you get whoever is the best fit at that time - without having to blow a core of players that in 4-6 years will be fairly experienced, and perhaps can compete for another championship.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    I think he's exactly the kind of player that the Lakers need right now, partially because of his play and partially because of the current situation in LA.

Say we include Whiteside on the Lakers, you're looking at the following starting 5 or something close to it:

Whiteside 26
    Randle 21
    Ingram, 18 but soon 19
    Clarkson, just turned 24
    Russel 20

The four except Whiteside, and also some other pieces like Nance could turn into a very good team in a few years, but they need to start learning how to win from now on and in - LA don't want to draft high again even if becoming a middle pack team for a year or two is the alternative.
    So you have to get a center who can help this group win a bit and you have to get him this off-season,if not, you're delaying the development of the rest of the group.
    Whiteside is the best alternative here, he's 26 and possibly the leagues best shot blocker, something LA will need as the rest of the group haven't realized their defensive potential yet.
    Give him a 4 year contract, if he's declining by the end of it or turns out to be the feared headcase, you can still plug in another center in 3-4 years with the rest of the group, maybe someone like Cauley-Stein is just what they need at that time, who knows, the point is that you get whoever is the best fit at that time - without having to blow a core of players that in 4-6 years will be fairly experienced, and perhaps can compete for another championship.

That teams not going anywhere except the lottery but would have tradeable assets to pick up a Carmelo, P George, etc in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    That teams not going anywhere except the lottery but would have tradeable assets to pick up a Carmelo, P George, etc in the future.
    We don't know what Ingram will be, but it's not out the question that he could perform at the level of those two.

Need a few vets, and definitely need to get rid of young and Lou ASAP. They're complete fkn garbage

I'd rather find another big cause I feel whiteside will slack off after he inks a deal.. If they do sign him hopefully they can add a few more pieces. Bright future