Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Excellent article: Lebron James vs Magic Johnson comparison

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    yea man...... i think its the time for him to watch some Magic games.... this is what the team needs... this team is athletic... they need to run... just like the lakers in 80s did..... with Wade on one end and Bosh on the other... they can do heavy damage.... would expect Lebron to be a 24-8-10 guy..... add a nasty post game aswell.... then its done! imagine those PG midgets trying to guard lebron in the post lol

Lebron has the 3rd best PPG in NBA history... so he is also Heats most productive scorer... but he can afford to calm down with it on this team... he can just dish out and step up scoring wise when they need him to...

plus they will have their BEST lineup on the floor if he starts PG...

PG - Lebron
    SG - Wade
    SF - Miller or JJ
    PF - Bosh
    C - ?

lol they really need a Center........ they dont have one... Joel Anthony? 6'8"-'6'9"... he is not bigger than Lebron for gods sake...
    I dig that lineup u laid out! I've always thought for that team, they should roll with that lineup. Cause u would have an outside scoring threat in Miller or JJ. And Bron is athletic enough to guard small PG's as well. Wade can guard smaller PG's as well. But one guy I would LOVE to end up on the Heat is Nash! He gives them more shooting and would allow Bron and Wade to be in attack mode and run the wings on the break. But if they don't get a floor general like Nash or another veteran very good-great PG, I feel they should put Bron at PG. And yes Bron needs to get that post game together. That's more important to be than him developing a better three point shot. And it will add years to his career in terms of being a dominant player. Magic at 36 or 37 came back as a PF and was still killin it in a point power forward role. I feel Magic could have produced even more if he wanted to, he just chose to come off the bench and be like a teacher. But even then, Magic was the best player on the Lakers in my book.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    yea man...... i think its the time for him to watch some Magic games.... this is what the team needs... this team is athletic... they need to run... just like the lakers in 80s did..... with Wade on one end and Bosh on the other... they can do heavy damage.... would expect Lebron to be a 24-8-10 guy..... add a nasty post game aswell.... then its done! imagine those PG midgets trying to guard lebron in the post lol

Lebron has the 3rd best PPG in NBA history... so he is also Heats most productive scorer... but he can afford to calm down with it on this team... he can just dish out and step up scoring wise when they need him to...

plus they will have their BEST lineup on the floor if he starts PG...

PG - Lebron
    SG - Wade
    SF - Miller or JJ
    PF - Bosh
    C - ?

lol they really need a Center........ they dont have one... Joel Anthony? 6'8"-'6'9"... he is not bigger than Lebron for gods sake...
    your mother should have swallowed

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe 4 The Win
    Lebron should start to emulate Magic if he wants to be successfull. The problem is he doesn't have the basketball IQ, the instincts, or the mental toughness that Magic had. Lebron is an amazing talent but there's only 1 Magic Johnson.
    Agreed! In terms of IQ, Bron has that in spades. But Magic in the ultimate in my book. In the L right now, I think Bron is in the top five passers in the L. I think the top four are Nash, Paul, Kidd, and D Will. These are the ONLY type of PG's I feel are better than Bron in terms of court vision and droppin dimes. Magic,Stock, Isiah, and Big O are the pinnacle of it. I think Bron is in that next group and a hair behind. But those guys don't have Bron's mix of size, freakish athletic ability, and defense. So Bron has traits that those guys don't have as well. I feel as a passer Bron in on another level than guys like Pip and GHill. I think Bron and Bird is damn close, but Bron has PG type handle while Bird didnt.