Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Source: Nets Preparing To Pursue Trade For Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Yes. I want everyone to bow down before me and my greatness.
    All i offered was a cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking_Life
    All i offered was a cookie.
    Which in ancient cultures is a sign of ultimate weakness.

I am not sure how its gonna work out, but the combo of Lopez + Milsap is way better than just having Dwight at C. The nets need to be realistic on building a team, they are just one step away from becoming a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    I am not sure how its gonna work out, but the combo of Lopez + Milsap is way better than just having Dwight at C. The nets need to be realistic on building a team, they are just one step away from becoming a contender.
    Plus you know if you trade for Dwight, or Love for Dwight it will involve a few assets being moved, not just Lopez.

As a Knick fan if you asked me which move the Nets make that worries me, it's adding Milsap to that core. Adding Dwight and removing Lopez makes you an easier matchup because you won't be able to score.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

at the end of the day, Dwight is 5x better than brook. dwight is blocking more shots, rebounding 70% better and averaging just one point less than brook despite playing with Kobe and averaging less fg attempts than Lopez. every net fan is satisfied and extremely pleased with brook Lopez but Dwight turns us into a top 5 defensive team and a championship contender. brook caps us out as a ecf team at best.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    at the end of the day, Dwight is 5x better than brook. dwight is blocking more shots, rebounding 70% better and averaging just one point less than brook despite playing with Kobe and averaging less fg attempts than Lopez. every net fan is satisfied and extremely pleased with brook Lopez but Dwight turns us into a top 5 defensive team and a championship contender. brook caps us out as a ecf team at best.
    Of course I know about this. The point is that we can add Milsap without moving Brook, but having Dwight means Brook must be traded. Id say the combo of Brook Lopez + Paul Milsap is better than Dwight Howard + scrub PF.

Lakers NEED to trade Dwight. The niqqa ain't staying in LA. He's gone. Better get something while it's still possible.

Brook Lopez is playing better than Dwight Howard this season. If you want to say Dwight WOULD be better then i understand that 100%, but you can stat grab all you want, it's just patently false that Dwight is better than Lopez so far this year unless you are talking about Robin. Brook actually has more impact on the defensive end. Dwight doesn't even rebound well, i know you'll toss stats but he doesn't. He only gets rebounds not in traffic. The Lakers just miss a pissload of shots and have no rebounding at all.

Dwight would fit better is a valid argument, will play better is valid but anyone saying Dwight has been better is not watching Laker games.

Of course I know about this. The point is that we can add Milsap without moving Brook, but having Dwight means Brook must be traded. Id say the combo of Brook Lopez + Paul Milsap is better than Dwight Howard + scrub PF.
    I'm for that too.I wanted Millsap a while ago. My desire for Dwight is not crazy. I'm not like 99% of the other uneducated NBA fans. Unlike them, I won't let one year erase the dominance Dwight has displayed for the past 7 years. At the end of the day,Dwight> Brook. Dwight led a SHIT team to the NBA Finals. his talent speaks volumes. I love our team tremendously. Even if we stay the same I won't complain.

I'm for that too.I wanted Millsap a while ago. My desire for Dwight is not crazy. I'm not like 99% of the other uneducated NBA fans. Unlike them, I won't let one year erase the dominance Dwight has displayed for the past 7 years. At the end of the day,Dwight> Brook. Dwight led a SHIT team to the NBA Finals. his talent speaks volumes. I love our team tremendously. Even if we stay the same I won't complain.
    Yeah its true, I am pretty sure Dwight with Nets would have put up numbers like 25/15/3 and lead the team to a record 31-10 at worst. Lakers fans dont see this though, the image of Dwight Howard is already broken for them.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Brook Lopez is playing better than Dwight Howard this season. If you want to say Dwight WOULD be better then i understand that 100%, but you can stat grab all you want, it's just patently false that Dwight is better than Lopez so far this year unless you are talking about Robin. Brook actually has more impact on the defensive end. Dwight doesn't even rebound well, i know you'll toss stats but he doesn't. He only gets rebounds not in traffic. The Lakers just miss a pissload of shots and have no rebounding at all.

Dwight would fit better is a valid argument, will play better is valid but anyone saying Dwight has been better is not watching Laker games.
    Brook Lopez is just averaging one more point than Dwight despite being the primary option in the offense while Dwight is either the fourth option or the seventh. I don't understand why you're attacking me for saying I prefer that my team to have Howard on it than Lopez.

Yeah its true, I am pretty sure Dwight with Nets would have put up numbers like 25/15/3 and lead the team to a record 31-10 at worst. Lakers fans dont see this though, the image of Dwight Howard is already broken for them.
    25/15/3 is exactly what Dwight would average with the Nets. and make us a top 5 defensive team like he made the magic.

What would you be willing to give though? Brook, Brooks, maybe Blatche, some picks? Hump expirer and take back a crappy deal? I get the feeling people think it's Lopez out, Dwight in. That would be ideal but why do Lakers do that? Or Wolves?

25/15/3 is exactly what Dwight would average with the Nets. and make us a top 5 defensive team like he made the magic.
    Yeah, and easily top 3 MVP candidate. Its laughable how Lakers fans blame it on Dwight when clearly their team is at fault for not utilizing him properly. Look at how much Melo changed from last year to this year, you get this idea.

Brook Lopez is just averaging one more point than Dwight despite being the primary option in the offense while Dwight is either the fourth option or the seventh. I don't understand why you're attacking me for saying I prefer that my team to have Howard on it than Lopez.
    I'm saying your point on Dwight being better this year based on stats is invalid, anyone who has watched both of them plays can tell you that.