Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Cavs take round 1, Derrick Rose injures ankle

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    Love the way we're playing so far. Still have some things to clean up, but we could easily be undefeated right now and it's still early in the season so it's to be expected with some new additions, adjusted rotations and a few injuries.

I love our depth. Derrick missed some games with his ankes, Taj a game with his ankle and Noah with the flu and we still have a great record so far.

New additions of Gasol, Brooks, McDermott and Mirotic have really impressed me.

I like what Thibs has done with the rotations and the minutes he's playing guys. Hope this is him realizing it's important to keep guys fresh and not just management imposing minute restrictions and making sure he enforces them.

Our defense and rebounding which have been our biggest strengths are areas of opportunity but I feel that will come with time.

The offense can use a little more execution but I love the ball movement and love that were shooting more and being more efficient from three.

Here's to a productive and healthy season Bulls fans!
    I agree with everything but the bolded part.
    Pau is an old 34 yrs old who plays too much at 36 mins/game. Butler is young but 38 mins means too that McDermott is not playing enough IMO.
    Mirotic, Doug and Snell are just 23 yrs old, I really think playing atleast 26 mins can really help these guys develop for the playoffs. Currently, they have only been playing 17, 14,12 respectively.
    I like that Dunleavy has become aggressive too on offense but I want to know how hard Rose and Butler practice their 3pt shot bec they are shooting like crap from there, 29 and 20% respectively.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 11-07-2014 at 02:32 AM.

Default Re: Cavs take round 1, Derrick Rose injures ankle

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    I agree with everything but the bolded part.
    Pau is an old 34 yrs old who plays too much at 36 mins/game. Butler is young but 38 mins means too that McDermott is not playing enough IMO.
    Mirotic, Doug and Snell are just 23 yrs old, I really think playing atleast 26 mins can really help these guys develop for the playoffs. Currently, they have only been playing 17, 14,12 respectively.
    I like that Dunleavy has become aggressive too on offense but I want to know how hard Rose and Butler practice their 3pt shot bec they are shooting like crap from there, 29 and 20% respectively.
    You're ignoring something big about pau's minutes...Noah isn't playing.

And in the 3 games he has Noah has logged 20, 37 (the OT against the cavs) and 32.Pau logged 29, 36, and 35. The other two games Pau logged 41 and 36.
    I get that the average of those are about the same. But I feel like Mirotic will probably log more minutes when Noah comes back, because that'll allow Thibs to rest Pau a bit more than he can right now.

I don't think 36 is too much for a player like Pau because he really hasn't aged much. He has a game that is gonna age well, and aside from the D'Antoni years when he didn't care about the Lakers, his only other notably injury was nearly a decade ago.