Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: People you didnt know were Muslim

Is anyone the least bit worried about being killed by radical Christians? Radical Mormons? Radical Hindus?

Anyone?

Muslims do harbor a lot of terrorists, when's the last time you heard of Buddhists extremists blowing shit up? Anyways, the thing that most bothers me about Muslim extremists is that they bitch and moan about the West and how it's a decadent lifestyle yet those fggots love moving to Europe and America

If you don't like our way of life, let us be and stay in your desert shithole and blow yourselves up

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Moderate Muslims are citizens just like everyone else. As long as their beliefs and lifestyle do not harm anyone else, they are allowed to do what they want. Thats why Australia is supposedly a free country.

If their are Muslims that are Extremists and pose threats to others, then they should be stopped. If the moderate Muslims hear or see anything related to Extremism they have the responsibility to report it, which I have seen happen in London. But at the end of the day they arent the police. They can only do so much. Its not their responsibility to act like the authorities and search peoples houses. You think Extremists are that obvious about their behaviour? You think they just tell any Muslim guy on the street what they are up to? Of course not. So what more do you want Muslims to do about these Extremists?

Do you really think they like Extremists? You may

What happens to people who harbor or hide convicted escapees or criminals in America? They are breaking the law and are rightfully punished.

Why should that not apply here? The moderate Muslims are doing nothing to help ease the tension or put faith in people opposing their religion. They are essentially supporting the extremists by not reporting them or condemning them.

I can tell you that if every moderate Muslim was to report what they see or bring shame to these whackjobs, the problem wouldn't be there. I don't want to hear that they don't know what is going on, they do.

It's in the mosques, in homes, on the streets, they talk to each other about "evil america" in general chitchat. Things slip in conversation, but I'm sure they all just laugh about it.

They know about it. People acting suspiciously are not hard to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    What happens to people who harbor or hide convicted escapees or criminals in America? They are breaking the law and are rightfully punished.

Why should that not apply here? The moderate Muslims are doing nothing to help ease the tension or put faith in people opposing their religion. They are essentially supporting the extremists by not reporting them or condemning them.

I can tell you that if every moderate Muslim was to report what they see or bring shame to these whackjobs, the problem wouldn't be there. I don't want to hear that they don't know what is going on, they do.

It's in the mosques, in homes, on the streets, they talk to each other about "evil america" in general chitchat. Things slip in conversation, but I'm sure they all just laugh about it.

They know about it. People acting suspiciously are not hard to work out.
    They use the old communist/Trotsky tactic of branding your enemies "racist" and braindead white knight liberals fall for it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    They use the old communist/Trotsky tactic of branding your enemies "racist" and braindead white knight liberals fall for it every time.

Exactly what happened with the recent terrorist threat.

Their was an outcry from the Muslim community proclaiming "oppression of the people" after raids were conducted.

Give me a f.cking break

I despise this slimy, unaccountable religion who are systematically suffocating our system and way of life.

The politically correct movement who support these people are contributing to the problem

[QUOTE=DonDadda59]Straight from the horse's mouth:

[B]

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii

I'm assuming you practice Islam.

Please read my post above.

Banned

We can always repent our sins, so I just try to cover all imaginable sins before dying, I just hope I don't have a unexpected death with no time to walk in to the confessional booth, that'd be mighty unfortunate. Spending the afterlife with the devil would suck.

I'm assuming you practice Islam.

Please read my post above.
    I take great offense at your accusation that I follow any religion my dude. Very serious insult in my book.

I'm an atheist, was brought up as a Catholic (though my family isn't terribly religious, they sent me to Sunday school when I was young just so I could make my own decision after learning about the religion), grew out of it a while ago. Have a strong, strong distaste for all religion.

I'm as opposed to Islam as I am to any other religion, but I've went to school/worked with/interacted with people of all faiths, and the Muslims I've known don't stand out in particular (both domestic and international).

The other day Nick Young and I were chatting about Islam...it's strange how the Muslims were a very modern/forward society for so long, but by the time the Renaissance rolled around, they ceased to progress. He and someone else posited that the Crusades might've had some influence, but it might just be a cultural thing. The Middle East is a hotbed for lunatics, and largely a third-world region at best.

Indoctrination is ridiculous...yes Islam is particularly bad, but I can't wait for all of this nonsense to die out. I don't mind if religious individuals practice their faiths in private, as a moral compass of sorts, but absolutely resent when it's forced upon others. Indoctrination is perhaps the worst intellectual crime one can commit, and you have loonies trying to bring their religion into politics, in this day and age. Yikes.

I take great offense at your accusation that I follow any religion my dude. Very serious insult in my book.

I'm an atheist, was brought up as a Catholic (though my family isn't terribly religious, they sent me to Sunday school when I was young just so I could make my own decision after learning about the religion), grew out of it a while ago. Have a strong, strong distaste for all religion.

I'm as opposed to Islam as I am to any other religion, but I've went to school/worked with/interacted with people of all faiths, and the Muslims I've known don't stand out in particular (both domestic and international).

The other day Nick Young and I were chatting about Islam...it's strange how the Muslims were a very modern/forward society for so long, but by the time the Renaissance rolled around, they ceased to progress. He and someone else posited that the Crusades might've had some influence, but it might just be a cultural thing. The Middle East is a hotbed for lunatics, and largely a third-world region at best.

Indoctrination is ridiculous...yes Islam is particularly bad, but I can't wait for all of this nonsense to die out. I don't mind if religious individuals practice their faiths in private, as a moral compass of sorts, but absolutely resent when it's forced upon others. Indoctrination is perhaps the worst intellectual crime one can commit, and you have loonies trying to bring their religion into politics, in this day and age. Yikes.

I just like to know what audience I'm talking to, didn't mean to offend you as it only helps me to understand your point of view or bias. Sorry for offending you.

That's what we are faced with. ISIS are the caliphate, which demands Sharia law to be upheld. Which means, that anyone who doesn't conform to Islam will be killed.

I have a big problem with that, as well as the people harboring these types of individuals.

I'm not saying Christians are squeaky clean, but they aren't striking fear into anyone or going around terrorising the world. There is a level of tolerance that I think they have breached.

At what point do you hold the whole lot accountable. This shit has been given too much leverage.

I just like to know what audience I'm talking to, didn't mean to offend you as it only helps me to understand your point of view or bias. Sorry for offending you.

That's what we are faced with. ISIS are the caliphate, which demands Sharia law to be upheld. Which means, that anyone who doesn't conform to Islam will be killed.

I have a big problem with that, as well as the people harboring these types of individuals.

I'm not saying Christians are squeaky clean, but they aren't striking fear into anyone or going around terrorising the world. There is a level of tolerance that I think they have breached.

At what point do you hold the whole lot accountable. This shit has been given too much leverage.
    No offense taken, just was a bit taken aback at first.

As for the bolded, the answer is never IMO. Need to deal with the source (cease indoctrination...if that means the entire region needs to be civilly invaded/occupied, so be it), and genocide is never the answer. I'm not willing to generalize because of some of the sociopathic individuals.

Islam is a strange religion though...they have a strong hold on some of the most downtrodden areas of the world (Middle East, SE Asia, Africa). I'm not a scholar in the discipline, but there must be something about it that's drawing people to the faith in those areas (seems likely that they're the most accessible/susceptible to those committing the indoctrination).

No offense taken, just was a bit taken aback at first.

As for the bolded, the answer is never IMO. Need to deal with the source (cease indoctrination...if that means the entire region needs to be civilly invaded/occupied, so be it), and genocide is never the answer. I'm not willing to generalize because of some of the sociopathic individuals.

Islam is a strange religion though...they have a strong hold on some of the most downtrodden areas of the world (Middle East, SE Asia, Africa). I'm not a scholar in the discipline, but there must be something about it that's drawing people to the faith in those areas (seems likely that they're the most accessible/susceptible to those committing the indoctrination).

Have you heard the idiom "cut the head off the snake?"

The communities of conservative Muslims are sheltering and providing a breeding bed for these radicals.

Part of the Quran encourages deception to protect the faith. I believe they have been doing this for quite a while now. Hidden under veils, hidden in secret hideouts/shelters etc, hidden behind mosque walls, using the "racist card" to pull strings in government law, they do everything undercover.

What makes their ideology and religion extremely dangerous is that they are drawing the desperate and poor people out to fight for their cause(you mentioned Middle east/SE Asia, Africa). So what they are essentially doing, is they are creating propaganda to make America the enemy, while they reward people to join their army with money(funded by seized oil fields and financing)and promise of protection and happiness to their people.

I really think this is the fundamental problem. The conservative Muslims are getting a pass, yet they are doing nothing to help the situation whether that be reporting suspicious activity or condemning the actions.

Have you heard the idiom "cut the head off the snake?"

The communities of conservative Muslims are sheltering and providing a breeding bed for these radicals.

Part of the Quran encourages deception to protect the faith. I believe they have been doing this for quite a while now. Hidden under veils, hidden in secret hideouts/shelters etc, hidden behind mosque walls, using the "racist card" to pull strings in government law, they do everything undercover.

What makes their ideology and religion extremely dangerous is that they are drawing the desperate and poor people out to fight for their cause(you mentioned Middle east/SE Asia, Africa). So what they are essentially doing, is they are creating propaganda to make America the enemy, while they reward people to join their army with money(funded by seized oil fields and financing)and promise of protection and happiness to their people.

I really think this is the fundamental problem. The conservative Muslims are getting a pass, yet they are doing nothing to help the situation whether that be reporting suspicious activity or condemning the actions.
    Obviously your experiences differ from mine, so there's no need to delve into the nature of the Muslims we both know.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting though. Are you suggesting that the religion is made illegal? Or that followers are deported or killed? I'm not quite sure for what sort of solution you're advocated here.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

The most downtrodden areas tend to be the areas with the least amount of education. It is easy to get swept up in an ideology and a radical one at that if you are unable to know the difference.

If the Middle East ever modernizes itself, it will be years after our lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    The most downtrodden areas tend to be the areas with the least amount of education. It is easy to get swept up in an ideology and a radical one at that if you are unable to know the difference.

If the Middle East ever modernizes itself, it will be years after our lifetime.
    Not denying that, but it's strange. For the first few hundred, or even thousand years of the existence of Islam, when the West was backwards (after the fall of Rome, and with plagues/the Dark Ages), the Muslim world was making all sorts of mathematical/scientific/engineering advances. What happened? Did they just not adapt?