Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Scottish Independence Referendum, 2014 Thread

To think 100 years ago the British Empire was one of the biggest and strongest in the world

The era of the Europeans did ultimately come to an end and pave the way to the era of Murrica

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    To think 100 years ago the British Empire was one of the biggest and strongest in the world

The era of the Europeans did ultimately come to an end and pave the way to the era of Murrica
    We started the craze of revolutions against kings.

UK still has a monarchy and aristocracy that still actually has political power in their constitution XD

Now we da bess

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08

Not "one of". And they just gave it away. That's what left wing politics will do. Rot your country from the inside out.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    English people I know seem to think that England will contol 60-80% of the oil fields, that's what it's saying in their papers. They tell me this with confidence.

On non-English news sites it says Geneva conventions state Scotland will get 90% of the oil if they follow the lines.

Does anyone know what will actually happen? Which country will control the UK oil deposits?
    I'm sure that will be part of the negotiations between the two countries should the yes vote go through

English people I know seem to think that England will contol 60-80% of the oil fields, that's what it's saying in their papers. They tell me this with confidence.

On non-English news sites it says Geneva conventions state Scotland will get 90% of the oil if they follow the lines.

Does anyone know what will actually happen? Which country will control the UK oil deposits?
    England is trying to claim an utterly ridiculous maritime border. It's like Mexico trying to claim all the water next to the California coastline is Mexican territory. It's nonsense. They know it has no chance. It's classic overreaching to start negotiations already skewed in your favour.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    England is trying to claim an utterly ridiculous maritime border. It's like Mexico trying to claim all the water next to the California coastline is Mexican territory. It's nonsense. They know it has no chance. It's classic overreaching to start negotiations already skewed in your favour.
    Ahh good to know. Yeah my English housemate who's really pro-England seemed really confident England is keeping a huge amount of the oil, and I kept asking are you sure, I heard different, and he seemed really confident.

Good to know it's just England being delusional again, like they were when they put Walcott on the cover of football magazines next to Messi and Cristiano with the headline "Footballs 3 young superstars".

Banned

Good to know it's just England being delusional again, like they were when they put Walcott on the cover of football magazines next to Messi and Cristiano with the headline "Footballs 3 young superstars".
    No surprise there considering the English media is who started "tabloid news" with their outrageous headlines to sell newspapers. Look at all the crap they put on their covers to sell papers.

They are known to sensationalize shit.

We started the craze of revolutions against kings.

UK still has a monarchy and aristocracy that still actually has political power in their constitution XD

Now we da bess

WTF are you talking about

your grasp on history is lacking

the Monarchy/House of lords are more about institutional legacy than actual power and some would argue that it is a stronger institution than the American head of state. People in the UK or constitutional monarchies are no less free than Americans

shhhhhhh

What was interesting on this Scotland thing is that they'll still recognize the monarchy if I was reading the article right

So they'll be their own little nation but the Queen of England will still be their Queen

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    What was interesting on this Scotland thing is that they'll still recognize the monarchy if I was reading the article right

So they'll be their own little nation but the Queen of England will still be their Queen
    The Queen is still the queen in countries like Canada, Australia, NZ, etc it isn't that weird for them to continue as a constitional monarchy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    WTF are you talking about

your grasp on history is lacking

the Monarchy/House of lords are more about institutional legacy than actual power and some would argue that it is a stronger institution than the American head of state. People in the UK or constitutional monarchies are no less free than Americans
    We bigger bro. If the English people weren't so in love with their monarchy, it would be non-existent. There is a reason why they don't do shit but just another puppet. Granted, they do some charitable cause but they should be stripped of their titles. It is only there because they value their heritage.

Our head of state is the President, who the world considers to be the most powerful person on this planet.

Banned

Public relations at work here.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    The Queen is still the queen in countries like Canada, Australia, NZ, etc it isn't that weird for them to continue as a constitional monarchy.
    I always that that was a little strange too...

I realize the monarchy is more figurehead than political power but still..

We don't want to be part of your country but we'll keep the Queen

Banned

I always that that was a little strange too...

I realize the monarchy is more figurehead than political power but still..

We don't want to be part of your country but we'll keep the Queen
    Basically your government sucks but we acknowledge the Queen.