Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Pistons Owns Lakers DetroitPistonFan's Avatar

Default Steven A. Smith No Longer Backs Up LeBron, Goes Off On LBJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1MC5...layer_embedded

Tell it like it is, Steve! LeBron don't care about Championships. He only cares about money. That's why he's still smiling after an embarrassing performance at the Finals. He's not pissed off about it, not motivated and he's not hungry for a NBA Championship.

Default Re: Steven A. Smith No Longer Backs Up LeBron, Goes Off On LBJ

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPistonFan
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1MC5...layer_embedded

Tell it like it is, Steve! LeBron don't care about Championships. He only cares about money. That's why he's still smiling after an embarrassing performance at the Finals. He's not pissed off about it, not motivated and he's not hungry for a NBA Championship.
    funny how steven a. says that lebron is wrong for smiling at the world and its 'beautiful'... if i had the life of lebron, i would NEVER frown

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    funny how steven a. says that lebron is wrong for smiling at the world and its 'beautiful'... if i had the life of lebron, i would NEVER frown
    There's a reason Kobe and MJ never smile after losing. They're true winners.

LeBron = LOSER

Banned

Oh shit!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
    Oh shit!
    that was my reaction when i saw Steven A and Skip at the table.

I think Steven A. Smith should shut the hell up. Lebron sent out a harmless tweet (I ****ing hate that word "tweet"). So what? The guy didn't even say anything outrageous or stupid. I don't even like Lebron, but is ESPN really going to blow another Lebron comment way out of proportion? Ah hell, ESPN blows EVERYTHING way out of proportion.

Why does ESPN even care about what players tweet? What is this, ****ing TMZ?

I can't believe I'm actually defending Lebron, but hey, that's just my take on it.

Banned

Just watched the entire video....Steven A pulled a PleezeBelieve on LeBron.

Banned

I saw a few other 1st and 10 videos before this one and Stephen A. Smith has turned against LeBron since the Finals.

LeBron doesn't have the same passion for winning like other all-time greats like Magic, Kobe, and MJ did. That is the truth.

Pistons Owns Lakers DetroitPistonFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    So you would still be smiling after losing in the Finals or even not winning another NBA Championship? Guys like Jordan, Magic, Kobe, Bird don't smile after those things happen. Basketball is/was their life. LeBron's life is about getting paid millions. The guy is STILL NOT SERIOUS about winning NBA Championships. He just talks about winning NBA Championships to make Miami and LeBron fans happy. All talk, no action. Hell, the guy even smiles big after winning the bronze medal back in the '04 Olympics.

just another hating attention whore who needs to vent because there isnt gonna be anything nba news worthy that he can comment on for the next few weeks.

the whole timing of this venting speaks how insecure he is

Everything he said was right on the money.

Banned

@ 7:01

Nothing Further

I swear people are just trying to find anything to talk about.

Local High School Star

The whole intangibles aspect of the Heat is why I'll always question how many they could win.

If you really think about it, the Heat's window will be these next six years. That's it. There will be no more opportunites after that. By the end of the 5th year, Lebron will have almost 1200 games on his body and 50K minutes AT THE LEAST. Wade's gonna be 34 years old by that point in time and Bosh will be 32.

You tell me... do you see these dudes of all people winning six straight? Who has? Shaq/Kobe hasn't. Jordan hasn't. It's freaking hard as hell to do because the strain of sustaining a title run takes it toll at some point. Only Bill Russell has and part of that is because the playoff runs only lasted from mid-to-late April.

I see 5 rings at the most and that's seriously pushing it for Miami. 2-3 being the minimum.

Over that six-year period, other teams will rise. They always do. OKC, NYK might soon be ready to take them on, and CHI will improve.

There's only 2-6 guys that had the mindset of guys capable of building dynasties.. Bill Russell, Jordan, and Bird. Throw Magic, Duncan, Kobe in there if you feel they fit in, but I know those 3 definitely had the commitment, the obsessive compulsive nature, and holding others accountable when they fail.

And as serious and as talented as those guys were, they were tested and sometimes some of them failed.

Chicago could have gone to 7 with PHX in 1993, they were taken to 7 games against Indiana in 1998 and they could have lost that 7th game quite easily, taken to 7 games by the Knicks in 1992, down 0-2 to the Knicks in 1993, could have been taken to 7 against Utah in 1998.

Kobe's Lakers were tested EVERY year in their 3 year run. They lost to the 2008 Celtics, taken to 7 games by the Rockets, and nearly lost to the Celtics again in 2010.

The Kobe/Shaq Lakers nearly lost against the Blazers in 2000 and the Kings in 2002.

Bird had Magic to deal with. That was more than enough.

Anyone can see the talent in Miami, but they lack the most important qualities that made dynasties. They aren't guaranteed dominance, but the problem is they treat it that way. They'll pay for that dearly.

I don't see them six-peating. That's laughable. They'll be extremely lucky if they pull off 3-peat and a 2-peat over a 6 year window. Like I've said though, they WILL be tested over a 3-peat as the Bulls and Lakers have been. I just don't see them passing the same tests.