Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Do You Believe Love is Out of Cleveland After This Season?

All evidence points to yes. The only thing that might change this is if they get to the Finals or perhaps win the championship.

In the past week:

* Reports suggested LeBron was getting frustrated with Love's unwillingness to get with the program and become a team player.

* Love says he'd pick Westbrook over LeBron for MVP (although not that big of a deal since Love and Westbrook were teammates at UCLA).

* The Cavs took a picture together and Love was the one major player missing from the picture, he was asked about not being in the picture and instead of saying something like generic "I was in the bathroom, or asleep or getting a snack." he says "We're not really friends."

I think that comment in itself says it all. He's either alienating himself or the team is alienating him for whatever reason and he's not being part of that team comradely that you would want in a championship-calibre team.

In the past with Minnesota:

*Several reports show that Love always pointed the finger in blame at everyone else and not himself when things got tough. A leader, the best player shouldn't do that. Also there were reports that J.J. Barea called out Love in the locker-room about this type of behavior.

I'm pretty sure Love is gone after this season and because of the past conflicts with Love, I think these no reports are pretty close to true. Something is wrong in that locker-room.

Also Kendrick Perkins was quoted in saying that the media is blowing things way out of proportion in the LeBron/Love reports. That in itself shows something is going on. Maybe not as big as the media is reporting, but something.

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Do You Believe Love is Out of Cleveland After This Season?

in before somebody blames it on the media

In the end I want it to work. They have the chance to make something really special and possibly bring a championship to Cleveland. It would be sad that it didn't work because one player alienated himself or felt alienated.

Dunking on everybody in the park

If they don't make the finals, i'd say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    in before somebody blames it on the media
    What's your take on the situation? You come in, make this comment, but contribute nothing.

I also feel a big reason Love isn't playing well is because of his back. They down-play it as a non-issue, but if you watch games like me or RedBlackAttack, etc you can see he favors it all the time. He'll hold it during time-outs, he'll lumber up the court like it's bothering him. I think this might be a big reason he doesn't post-up often and demand the ball.

He MIGHT opt into next season if only because it'll pay more than a one year deal with someone else before signing for big money in after the 16-17.

I wouldn't be surprised if he left this year though, because it really seems like that's just a bad situation. He's not being utilized correctly consistently (although it's been better the last 2 weeks but still nowhere near perfect), he gets benched a lot in the 4th, he's not having fun, he's ostracized from his teammates except for maybe Kyrie. He's not getting shots. Why would he stay there?

Like I said the only reason why he would stay another year is that paycheck. With a slight shout out to there not being a contender with cap space this summer.

Love has never been to the playoffs...

With this team he is going there for the first time evver, I doubt he's going anywhere any time soon.

Looks like something I watched on ESPN first take.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I think he is. He seems like the type that cares about his stats, and he has always been linked to ending up a Laker. I think he'd rather be in LA as a first option, than a third option in Cleveland. Bosh willingly signed up for it. Love never did.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Looks like something I watched on ESPN first take.
    This is why I made the thread because I watched the clip and it sparked my interest in the subject. What's your team on the subject?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    He MIGHT opt into next season if only because it'll pay more than a one year deal with someone else before signing for big money in after the 16-17.

I wouldn't be surprised if he left this year though, because it really seems like that's just a bad situation. He's not being utilized correctly consistently (although it's been better the last 2 weeks but still nowhere near perfect), he gets benched a lot in the 4th, he's not having fun, he's ostracized from his teammates except for maybe Kyrie. He's not getting shots. Why would he stay there?

Like I said the only reason why he would stay another year is that paycheck. With a slight shout out to there not being a contender with cap space this summer.
    Interesting take on it, you put most of the reasoning of why this is happening because of the team and not Love. Reports show that LeBron has repeatedly been reaching out to Love to be a part of the team. Everyone else is with the program except for Love for whatever reason.

Ask for him being utilized correctly, that goes both ways. Sure, the Cavs should draw up more than just 3 point shots for him, but at the same time, if he wants the ball at his most dangerous position on the court where he can operate (the elbow of the key) all he needs to do is to wrong his ass down there, post up, and yell for the ball any time he wants to. He rarely does this. I'm not sure if it's choice, or his back bothers him that badly or both. It's almost like if he has a good day with his back, he'll do it more often, and if he has a bad day with is back he just wants to stand at the arc and chuck up threes.

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

if he can go to a contender and get his stats?

sure, why not

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    This is why I made the thread because I watched the clip and it sparked my interest in the subject. What's your team on the subject?
    Hahaha. Well you should know that the article was written by Frank Isola and he didnt even attempt to hide his Love to New York agenda.

Who knows, what's going on. Anonymous reports, instagram photos. Your not going to get any real information there.

It's not like Love has many places to go.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Hahaha. Well you should know that the article was written by Frank Isola and he didnt even attempt to hide his Love to New York agenda.

Who knows, what's going on. Anonymous reports, instagram photos. Your not going to get any real information there.

It's not like Love has many places to go.
    Very true. I felt when the New York Daily News story came up that it was close to bullshit, and I do feel it's being blow out of proportion probably, but there's something I keep going back to. And that's the reports of what Love was doing when he was in Minnesota and pointing fingers and being called out by team-mates. I keep alluding back to that. Maybe it's just because thy were losing every season and not going anywhere and it was a frustrating situation, or maybe it's just the way he is?