Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Mirotic is the best rookie

He turned 24 a month ago. He has quite a while to improve. And id say right now hes the best rookie. 21/8 off the bench leading the NBA in 4th quarter scoring in March is nothing to laugh at. Hes clearly not gonna win ROY.....but that doesnt mean any rookie is better.

Perhaps a couple will be. But they arent right now.

On a bad team that let him run wild like Wiggins does with no regard for victory he would be a 20ppg player already and likely win ROY with less impact on the league.

Hes holding down a contender while they get healthy. You cant ask many rookies to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    He turned 24 a month ago. He has quite a while to improve. And id say right now hes the best rookie.
    He isn't the best rookie though. Wiggins quite clearly is.

Having one good month doesn't really mean much in he grand scheme of things, simply because it is one month. Wiggins had a month putting up 20/5/3 on better shooting than Mirotic and no one said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

Having one good month doesn't really mean much in he grand scheme of things, simply because it is one month. Wiggins had a month putting up 20/5/3 on better shooting than Mirotic and no one said anything.
    No he's not "clearly" the best. Mirotic is right there with him, playing high impact, borderline all-star level basketball for a quality playoff team that desperately needed him to do so.

And Mirotic isn't having one good month because he just randomly got hot. The only reason Mirotic hasn't been putting up these numbers all year is because he's playing on what is supposed to be a contender, with a loaded front court, with a coach who takes forever to trust young players. He's just recently starting to get his opportunities, and he's making the absolute best of it.

The skill, feel, BBIQ, overall ability he's showing now is nothing new. I've been watching Bulls games a lot this year and he's shown all of this early on, the only thing lacking was confidence and experience, which comes with minutes that he wasn't getting. If he was on a team like Minny where he was getting a consistent 35-38 mpg like Wiggins, he would've been lighting it up consistently for far longer.

As for Wiggins' tear...you don't remember the dozens of "LOL C[COLOR="Black"]A[/COLOR]VS S[COLOR="black"]C[/COLOR]REWED UP WIG[COLOR="black"]G[/COLOR]INS IS A SUP[COLOR="black"]E[/COLOR]RSTAR" threads? Not that Mirotic threads are exactly flooding the front page anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    No he's not "clearly" the best. Mirotic is right there with him, playing high impact, borderline all-star level basketball for a quality playoff team that desperately needed him to do so.

And Mirotic isn't having one good month because he just randomly got hot. The only reason Mirotic hasn't been putting up these numbers all year is because he's playing on what is supposed to be a contender, with a loaded front court, with a coach who takes forever to trust young players. He's just recently starting to get his opportunities, and he's making the absolute best of it.

The skill, feel, BBIQ, overall ability he's showing now is nothing new. I've been watching Bulls games a lot this year and he's shown all of this early on, the only thing lacking was confidence and experience, which comes with minutes that he wasn't getting. If he was on a team like Minny where he was getting a consistent 35-38 mpg like Wiggins, he would've been lighting it up consistently for far longer.

As for Wiggins' tear...you don't remember the dozens of "LOL C[COLOR="Black"]A[/COLOR]VS S[COLOR="black"]C[/COLOR]REWED UP WIG[COLOR="black"]G[/COLOR]INS IS A SUP[COLOR="black"]E[/COLOR]RSTAR" threads? Not that Mirotic threads are exactly flooding the front page anyways...
    TL; DR. He isn't the best rookie or ROY.

TL; DR. He isn't the best rookie or ROY.
    Thanks for the response bud. Hold this L.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

The biggest problem with anyone saying anyone but Wiggins is ROY or the best rookie is the fact that he's doing it while D'ing up the other teams best wing and usually getting the best wing defender on him.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Wiggins have no real advanced statistical data or on court results to support Wiggins being better than multiple rookies out his own class.

That's laughable considering Wiggins has been given the green light to succeed more than rookie in a LONG time.

They always got the bullshit upside argument, tho. Which is also false.
    Last edited by PleezeBelieve; 03-29-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThickassGlasses
    The biggest problem with anyone saying anyone but Wiggins is ROY or the best rookie is the fact that he's doing it while D'ing up the other teams best wing and usually getting the best wing defender on him.

Wiggins stans are pathetic. They just make shit up as they go.

Can't wait till next season so I can shit on you idiots again.

you have never been right about anything you clown you suck and all your predictions the opposite happens.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Why would they? Have we not all seen marginal players score on a team that doesn't care who wins and plays them 40 minutes?

Niko wouldn't be better at the game on the 76ers. He'd just score more.

He's making a key contribution and winning games for a team that needs him. I'm not worried what his season averages are.

Neither he nor Wiggins are what they average.

We well have to see what the future holds.... but watching Niko ately I can't see Wiggins doing anything to help us more.

Maybe a similar level.....but he's not gonna do any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleezebeilieve
    Can't wait till next season so I can shit on you idiots again.

BY Pleezebelieve
    Kyrie Irving has 21st worst plus/minus differential (of 330 players) in the NBA
    All the advanced stats say this guy is a very average all around NBA basketball player

The #1 Pick in 2014 will be Julius Randle, NOT Wiggins
    5-star thread.

Perfect thread. You are absolutely right.

I dare you to come in here and say Dion Waiters won't be an electric NBA player
    1st year: 13 ppg 3 rpg 2.5 apg 43/32/74

2nd year: 16 ppg 3.5 rpg 3.0 apg 45/34/78

3rd year: 18.5 ppg 4 rpg 3.5 apg 47/34/81

This will CONSERVATIVELY be his three year progression. Thank me later.

N*gga, I'm a prophet with this sh*t. Go ask about me. I'm never wrong.

take the loss

ROY: Wiggins

1st Team:
    Andrew Wiggins
    Nikola Mirotic
    Elfrid Payton
    Nerlens Noel
    Jordan Clarkson

2nd Team:
    Zach LaVine
    Marcus Smart (he has been terrible, shot jacking, scared to drive, big ol' pu55y)
    I have no idea who else even deserves it. Terrible year for rookies

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS

1st Team:
    Andrew Wiggins
    Nikola Mirotic
    Elfrid Payton
    Nerlens Noel
    Jordan Clarkson

2nd Team:
    Zach LaVine
    Marcus Smart (he has been terrible, shot jacking, scared to drive, big ol' pu55y)
    Agree 100% on your first team

2nd team? Jusuf Nurkic, Smart, LaVine, Rodney Hood, Tarik Black, Langston Galloway, Jerami Grant, K.J. McDaniels are all candidates. Hell, Jabari Parker arguably could still make it . Mitch McGary would have had a good chance if be played more games. But he still could make it I suppose. I feel as if I'm missing a few other rookies....

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS

1st Team:
    Andrew Wiggins
    Nikola Mirotic
    Elfrid Payton
    Nerlens Noel
    Jordan Clarkson

2nd Team:
    Zach LaVine
    Jabari on one leg deserves over any of the other bums.

Mitotic has a more polished game at this stage, which is to be expected from a guy who isn't a typical rookie and aged 24.

Given Wiggin's minutes all year, Mirotic would stand above him clearly.