Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 94956575859606162 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2014-2015 regular season!

The Utah Jazz announced today that team has signed forward Jack Cooley to a multi-year contract. Per team policy, financial terms were not released. Cooley signed his most recent 10-day contract with the Jazz on March 16 and has appeared in six Jazz games, averaging 1.7 points in 4.3 minutes per contest. NBA.com
    They still need a center and now have no flexibility without cutting someone which I doubt they will do. They probably could have had another guy for Burks if they wanted. Hard to believe this is the best that's out there though.

Shams Charania: Utah Jazz have reached agreement to sign Bucks free agent Chris Johnson for the remainder of the season, league sources tell RealGM. Twitter @ShamsCharania

David Locke: The Utah Jazz have waived Ian Clark. Waiving Clark makes a lot of roster mangement sense. Better to have non-guarnteed contract on books than expiring. More flexibility Twitter @Lockedonsports
    Believe Clark had a team option though. Still not a center. Couldn't they have signed this guy to another 10 day? I think he only had the one.

[QUOTE]So exactly how much room will Utah have this summer? Even if we assume we know the cap is $66 million, the answer to that question depends on a few guys who affect the Jazz

[QUOTE]On why the Jazz drafted Rudy Gobert

When we decided to purchase the pick for Rudy, we wanted to avoid going to market. One of, on

[QUOTE]Jazz swingman Joe Ingles announced today that he will not participate in international play this summer. Here

David Locke: Rodney Hood is getting further medical evaluation in Salt Lake which is why he is not with the team Twitter @Lockedonsports
    Let's hope he gets right at some point. He was just starting to look like a part of the core moving forward.

Tony Jones: Rodney Hood didn't make the trip to Denver because he's going through further evaluation back in SLC. Hope is that he can return soon Twitter @Tjonessltrib

RIP Hot Rod. You will be missed!

[QUOTE]I

Andy Larsen: Enes Kanter ripped the Jazz org in his interview today. He pretended to hold back, but that wasn't a holding back. "I love it. It's a team that I've never experienced before. I actually like playing basketball there. I think the difference is I like playing basketball there. I think that's the most important thing. I never liked playing basketball before in my NBA career. It's the first time that I felt like playing basketball. It wasn't just a one game, two game frustration, it was a three and a half year frustration. I'm happy for both sides." Twitter @andyblarsen

Andy Larsen: What was the biggest frustration? Enes Kanter: "I will say almost everything. I didn't bring it every night. Almost everything was a frustration. It wasn't just basketball stuff. It was just professionalism. After I see OKC, then I was like, this is how NBA teams are. You know how you're like in a dream, that you have a superpower and you don't want to open your eyes? OKC's been like that for me." Twitter @andyblarsen

Andy Larsen: Enes Kanter: "I still respect them. I still like my coaches here, I still have friends here, some friends here, not a lot. I don't want to make no comments on them, but I think, after I went to OKC, I was like 'Oh man, this is how NBA teams [are]. Everything there is just professional. Everything they do is for the players. You just only focus on basketball. Like I said, I don't really want to talk about it here. I've got a lot of things to say but just don't want to say it right now." Twitter @andyblarsen

Andy Larsen: Enes, do you miss anything about Utah? "Mountains. That's it, I guess." Twitter @andyblarsen

[QUOTE]The Denver Nuggets claimed guard Ian Clark off waivers, league sources told Yahoo Sports. The Utah Jazz waived Clark on Thursday. Clark played in 23 games for the Jazz, averaging 1.9 points in seven minutes a game. He averaged 14 points in seven games for the Jazz

Wow, based off Kanter's comments I don't think he'd be staying around even if they didn't trade him. Probably needs to learn a thing or two about professionalism.

Should be fun whenever he comes to town now!

Hood weighed in at 214 pounds on March 16 and was down to 208 on Sunday as he tried to pack pounds back on.

Dating back to his time at Duke, Hood has dealt with occasional bouts of nausea coinciding with games, something that has been chalked up to nerves.

"It's obviously something that we're aware of right now," Jazz coach Quin Snyder said. "Like anything, any injury or any condition, you want to address it and we'll continue to."

But Hood believes his latest illness was different.

"It's just an isolated incident," he said. "I'm better now."
    Between this and his foot issues I'm a bit concerned about him. Appears to be a big part of their future if he can stay on the floor.

Slow down, big fella

Free throws have cost the Jazz games this year, no question, and late against OKC, Utah needed a pair of them from big man Rudy Gobert. With eight seconds left, the Jazz leading by two and the 62-percent foul shooter headed to the line, point guard Trey Burke stopped his center and said a few things.

"I knew those were crucial free throws," Burke said, "and he's been a pretty good free throw shooter when he takes his time. A lot of times when he rushes he misses. Just told him to take his time. No pressure."

Gobert sank them both, though the first one provided a bit of a scare as it bounced on the rim and teetered precariously before falling through the net.

"When I saw the ball rolling I was just like, 'Go in!' " Gobert said. "That was the touch."

Welcome back

The ink on Christapher Johnson's new contract with the Jazz has barely dried. But on Saturday night, the swingman got a chance to make an impact. Johnson stole the ball from Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook, ran the floor and spotted up in the corner for a clutch 3 to slow an OKC run.

"I was just wide open," he said.

Said Snyder, "Seems like this is happening a lot this year where somebody gets off the plane" and performs. "He was terrific. … He's comfortable with our group from being with us previously. We're happy that he came back and that he had a chance to help us win."

afalk@sltrib.com

Twitter: @tribjazz
    He'll probably have a job if he can hit 3's.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 03-30-2015 at 01:04 PM.

That