Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-27-2015, 02:59 PM   #1876
riseagainst
Lebron fan

riseagainst is starting to rub some people the wrong wayriseagainst is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jongib369
Thanks man! Do you think the critique on my form was correct?

About to deadlift with my girlfriend...And to eat after we bought a 3 pound boneless top round roast, with some sweet potatoes for all the gains. And you know that post workout will be fun

Not sure of your routine, but I've heard switching to sumo, and then back to normal can help A LOT

You form looks good mayne.
And yeah switching to a different style of deadlift and coming back will help you break plateaus. I have been trying to sumo but my hips are too tight at the moment and it's extremely hard for me to do it. It also really depends on your body structure, some people just aren't built for sumo/conventional.

I have 2 routines for back:

Deadlift focus:

deadlifts: 3 work sets of doubles or triples. Right now i'm working with between 500 to 545, depending on the day. I just pulled a 545 x2 after doing high volume 405s, so i was already pretty exhausted.

barbell rows
dumbell rows
lat pull downs
seated row

non-deadlift focus:

lat pull downs
barbell rows
dumbell rows
meadows row
seated row
hammer strength high row
etc
deadlifts: can't use as much weight obviously, I do a little higher volume for these. My best was done yesterday 405x10-12 in the end.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:49 PM   #1877
plowking
pm me

plowking has a terrific reputationplowking has a terrific reputationplowking has a terrific reputationplowking has a terrific reputationplowking has a terrific reputation

jongib, your hips tend to come up to quickly as you fatigue throughout the set. Without being there to actually help you, try and always imagine your hips coming up with your shoulders, so you don't raise them too quickly. Otherwise, you will work too much lower back.

Otherwise, good stuff. You said you fixed the lowering the bar bit.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:16 PM   #1878
Im Still Ballin
Fire Walk With Me

Im Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Do barbell hip thrusts

great for isolating and prioritizing strength in the glutes aka good shit for your back when you do deads/squats

And minimal metabolic stress because the eccentric is minimal so it wont impede recovery if you add it in

Either go heavy and focus on the hip extension, hold at the top for a second or two

Or go lighter, higher reps and do a bodybuilder tempo, focus on the squeeze both up and down

Try not to lumbar extend but to hip hinge... If you find it hurts your back try going into posterior pelvic telt aka squeeze them abs and TA thinking about keeping that pelvis tucked under... it will limit the range of motion slightly but you'll still get a good hip motion going
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:56 AM   #1879
jongib369
Decent college freshman

jongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation here

Thanks for the tips, I'll upload a video sometime this week for you guys to comment on my adjustments

And who is Nigel...WATCHU LAUGHING AT BREH!? Bet my base strength would whoop you in the gym, get back at me in two years

jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: