Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Nets deny Jason Kidd's power play; give him permission to speak w/ Bucks

There had to be tampering. Had to.

   

Default Re: Nets deny Jason Kidd's power play; give him permission to speak w/ Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Nets ownership thinks that the Nets are this can't miss team, that every player loves them, will play for them cheaper, that they don't make mistakes...
    they would have to have vodka IV drips at this point to believe all that.

kidd was going to be the nets' version of pop. granted the first year was rocky, but they had to think that it was all smoother sailing ahead... before this.

at this point if i was them, especially since kidd gained almost nothing by all this except vast public embsrrassment, i would explore the extreme longshot of giving him a raise and keeping him. get some world-class diplomat in there and work out all the hurt feelings, because kidd HAS to be humbled and wiser in the end... unless of course he really is clinically insane. in which case, just let him run to the bucks and be their problem after this.

but most likely all of that is hogwash and he's out of the league permanently in a couple years.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Amin Elhassan @AminESPN

   

[QUOTE=kidd2dwill]Amin Elhassan @AminESPN

why do they even want kidd still?

Jason Kidd is officially an idiot. No organization should hire him in situation. The Bucks shouldn't even be discussing trading for him.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    they would have to have vodka IV drips at this point to believe all that.

kidd was going to be the nets' version of pop. granted the first year was rocky, but they had to think that it was all smoother sailing ahead... before this.

at this point if i was them, especially since kidd gained almost nothing by all this except vast public embsrrassment, i would explore the extreme longshot of giving him a raise and keeping him. get some world-class diplomat in there and work out all the hurt feelings, because kidd HAS to be humbled and wiser in the end... unless of course he really is clinically insane. in which case, just let him run to the bucks and be their problem after this.

but most likely all of that is hogwash and he's out of the league permanently in a couple years.
    I just don't hope the Nets think that embarrasing him by locking him in the organization is the way to go. I've heard him getting reassigned. All that does is make them look totally dysfunctional. If they want Pierce and Garnett not to run away screaming the play is let Kidd go (get two seconds), and hire a new coach right away, a strong veteran guy. Eventually you need to do that, why let it linger?

It's funny, the Knicks have done all of this shit before, and the Nets have to know the Knicks history obsessed as they are, and they are repeating all the mistakes one by one.

Does Jason Kidd actually comprehend that he'll have to live in Milwaukee? I'm not sure he realizes it....

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Jason Kidd is officially an idiot. No organization should hire him in situation. The Bucks shouldn't even be discussing trading for him.
    Totally agree, I wouldn't want this nutball anywhere near my organization right now.

I don't know how the Bucks could think this will work out. Kidd is only going to cause problems.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

I really thought (hoped) that Kidd had matured since his last tenure with the Nets. Guess I was wrong. Great player and my personal favorite of all time, but a terrible person. This is just embarrassing for Kidd, doubt it really has any effect on the Nets as they're universally viewed as the victim/right in this situation.

   

@niko,
    as long as the bucks give a moderately protected #1 or better, oh well.

if they want to play hardball, i wouldn't mind filing tampering charges and reassigning kidd. then again, maybe it's too late since the nets already gave permission to talk.

i don't even know what matters anymore... the whole thing is so unreal. when you can't even last as long as larry brown, you should realise you have problems.

   

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    I really thought (hoped) that Kidd had matured since his last tenure with the Nets. Guess I was wrong. Great player and my personal favorite of all time, but a terrible person. This is just embarrassing for Kidd, doubt it really has any effect on the Nets as they're universally viewed as the victim/right in this situation.
    of course it's going to have a big effect on the nets... a big portion of their master plan (pop-east) has just been blown out of the water.

not to mention this is dreadful for team morale and has to make every potential FO think twice.