Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: lol@all you scrawny guys who avoid weightlifting

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    yeah idiot and lifting is "work"
    Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    that meant building shit, and having something to show for it.

*whoosh*

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    i was reading this reddit thread about a similar situation, actual bouncers and former bouncers admitting right and left that they have gone overboard with drunk patreons. i'm talking about purposely slamming their head onto the edge of a door way as they were being thrown outside.

one former bouncer said they'd take patreons into the alleyway and "take care" of them. whole bunch of redditors got on his case about beating patreons up, he backpedled and tried saying it was just a job to get money for college.... as if that makes it ok to beat someone unconsciously while they're drunk.
    i saw bouncers or late night/club security or whatever completely beat ppl up in london, 3-4 on one harmless drunk...

this kinda stuff sadly happens a lot.

bouncers arent typically well educated. they're just big guys, with too many hormones and often not in it for the right reasons or with the right intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    i saw bouncers or late night/club security or whatever completely beat ppl up in london, 3-4 on one harmless drunk...

bouncers arent typically well educated. they're just big guys, with too many hormones and often not in it for the right reasons or with the right intentions.
    that's fvcked up. yeah, i figure bouncers for not being very smart.

Weight training is great.

Bodybuilding is silly.

Not the sane thing.

Building strength to have enough control over your own body weight while having shit cardio and not even being able to run 3 miles non stop is laughable.

Running 3 miles non stop while not even being able to do 5 pull ups is laughable.

Doing all the above while eating like shit is laughable.

Put the needed time in all 3 areas for optimal benefit, or you're really just wasting your time. If you are going to do it, do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    there's a lot of "influencers" that work out alot. that's all they do. it's so vein it's sickening to see these people poisoning society.

there's a chick on snapchat that comes up on my feed, day after day all she uploads is videos of her working out or laying at home doing nothing. even if i was that rich, i'd find something to do. how the **** can you do nothing with your life?

Yeah like binge watching Netflix and eating, you're really using your time well fatboy

Nah hold up. Haha one I said lifting light ish weight lifting is good. Training is good. I'm talking about like x3 weight lifting like dudes would imply would get you swoll enough to fight a bouncer.

I think using weights while you work out is smart. Pounding weights imo is not but different strokes. Dude said yoga Yea. I mean if you get your muscles flexed right and use your body it's gg.

I mean I've lifted weights. I ain't mad. I know it has an effect, but most people I've known who went in on weight lifting weren't gonna be fighting anyone and didn't even look like they were fit.

Like think of that 20 4 dude, you think him dedicating himself to weight lifting made him someone who could fight better? Maybe so but I doubt it. And he didn't even get that big.

But Yea adding in some weights you can easily move around while you do slow range of motion shit is good. It Def "feels" good to lift heavy weights tho. I'll cop to that. That shit is a rush.

If you're into it, go u. But I was commenting on that dude could spend four yrs in the gym plus drugs and he's still get flexed by the bouncer cuz he doesn't even know how to position his body and legs.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Weight training is great.

Bodybuilding is silly.

Not the sane thing.
    Why is bodybuilding silly? Building muscle and seeing gains is a huge confidence booster and it's something people can easily find passion in. It motivates you to not only eat healthier, but stay more disciplined and makes you want to work towards your other goals more. Not to mention, it can greatly help reduce stress and improves mental health which is huge.

I've seen lives getting changed because of bodybuilding. Hell, even my life changed.

I had a friend who was built like a toothpick in high school. He was 6'2 and 120-130 pounds. Started lifting weights consistently, ate more (mostly healthy foods), and after almost 5 years this guy was jacked. No steroids or any kind of gear. He went from a shy, awkward skinny guy to a jacked, confident alpha male. All because he became passionate about bodybuilding.

It's been almost 10 years since high school and this guy is now very lean at 200 lbs. Whenever we go out to bars or go out with our group of friends, hes always getting looks from beautiful women.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater

Can confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by REACTION
    wtf

that bouncer is a POS. he'd get his ass beat in AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Building strength to have enough control over your own body weight while having shit cardio and not even being able to run 3 miles non stop is laughable.

Running 3 miles non stop while not even being able to do 5 pull ups is laughable.

Doing all the above while eating like shit is laughable.

Put the needed time in all 3 areas for optimal benefit, or you're really just wasting your time. If you are going to do it, do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Nah hold up. Haha one I said lifting light ish weight lifting is good. Training is good. I'm talking about like x3 weight lifting like dudes would imply would get you swoll enough to fight a bouncer.

I think using weights while you work out is smart. Pounding weights imo is not but different strokes. Dude said yoga Yea. I mean if you get your muscles flexed right and use your body it's gg.

I mean I've lifted weights. I ain't mad. I know it has an effect, but most people I've known who went in on weight lifting weren't gonna be fighting anyone and didn't even look like they were fit.

Like think of that 20 4 dude, you think him dedicating himself to weight lifting made him someone who could fight better? Maybe so but I doubt it. And he didn't even get that big.

But Yea adding in some weights you can easily move around while you do slow range of motion shit is good. It Def "feels" good to lift heavy weights tho. I'll cop to that. That shit is a rush.

If you're into it, go u. But I was commenting on that dude could spend four yrs in the gym plus drugs and he's still get flexed by the bouncer cuz he doesn't even know how to position his body and legs.

-Smak

come on man .. you don't think that soft scrawny fella in the video might've avoided himself from getting rag dolled like that if he was a little stronger and had a little more muscle on him ... not saying he'll win the tussle but at least he won't get thrown up on someone's shoulder like an unruly toddler smh lol

Strange thread: Having to explain that lifting weights, getting stronger and getting bigger muscles is a good thing. Very weird but I guess that's how it is in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    come on man .. you don't think that soft scrawny fella in the video might've avoided himself from getting rag dolled like that if he was a little stronger and had a little more muscle on him ... not saying he'll win the tussle but at least he won't get thrown up on someone's shoulder like an unruly toddler smh lol
    Na a bitch is a bitch. He's probably a crackhead. Sure weight lifting can increase your self confidence but so can braces. Tons of dudes who are in amazing shape don't lift weights.

I feel like I offended a lot of posters and maybe was careless with my wording but I stand by what I said. Take the long slow route. Learn what's really going on. Like ego said do everything, but of all of those things the only one that can be achieved by other means is weight lifting. I'm talking about going in on weights not supplementing with them. Dudes can be juiced n bulimic and look like they are super jacked. Doesn't mean they are healthy or have high functional strength.

But if weights are what dudes prefer that's cool. Just offering my opinion as usual. I haven't got a post quoted that many times in one thread in like five years. Haha.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Why is bodybuilding silly? Building muscle and seeing gains is a huge confidence booster and it's something people can easily find passion in. It motivates you to not only eat healthier, but stay more disciplined and makes you want to work towards your other goals more. Not to mention, it can greatly help reduce stress and improves mental health which is huge.

I've seen lives getting changed because of bodybuilding. Hell, even my life changed.

I had a friend who was built like a toothpick in high school. He was 6'2 and 120-130 pounds. Started lifting weights consistently, ate more (mostly healthy foods), and after almost 5 years this guy was jacked. No steroids or any kind of gear. He went from a shy, awkward skinny guy to a jacked, confident alpha male. All because he became passionate about bodybuilding.

It's been almost 10 years since high school and this guy is now very lean at 200 lbs. Whenever we go out to bars or go out with our group of friends, hes always getting looks from beautiful women.
    And that’s all fine and good. But personally, I find training for “aesthetics” a little silly. Sure, it’ll improve your life in some areas. But in my experience, most bodybuilders aren’t very strong (there are exceptions) nor necessarily in shape/healthy, and in general they definitely are not athletes. All show, no go. I’ve seen jacked guys who huff and puff walking on a treadmill. Not running, walking. I just don’t see the point. There are way more benefits if you train like an athlete (football player, etc); I’ve built plenty of muscle and I feel that “the book matches the cover”.
    Last edited by JohnnySic; 11-12-2019 at 04:29 PM.