Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: lol@all you scrawny guys who avoid weightlifting

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Eh weightlifting is bad for you I think. It's not like weight lifting would have kept that dude from getting shrekt, he'd just be harder to lift.

Dudes need to strengthen their core and learn how to move /posture if they wanna fight. Some weights are prol good but I dono if lifting like muscle head lifting is productive. That dude was done from the beginning. But to be fair I think that was a bit overdone by the bouncer.

When you can basically just bear hug a dude into submission there's no reason to do anything else. Turn his ass around and get his arms behind his back and hold him til the cops come dude isn't doing shit. No reason to even put that dude on the ground.

Edit 9500. Salute. Til they delete an old post.

-Smak
    How can something be bad for you when the healthiest of people and athletes do it to some extent?

The things you read on ISH

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    How can something be bad for you when the healthiest of people and athletes do it to some extent?

The things you read on ISH

I think he might be confused, something about spinning a guy around and hugging him from behind? Umm

Eh weightlifting is bad for you I think. It's not like weight lifting would have kept that dude from getting shrekt, he'd just be harder to lift.

Dudes need to strengthen their core and learn how to move /posture if they wanna fight. Some weights are prol good but I dono if lifting like muscle head lifting is productive. That dude was done from the beginning. But to be fair I think that was a bit overdone by the bouncer.

When you can basically just bear hug a dude into submission there's no reason to do anything else. Turn his ass around and get his arms behind his back and hold him til the cops come dude isn't doing shit. No reason to even put that dude on the ground.

Edit 9500. Salute. Til they delete an old post.

-Smak
    Quite the opposite: It is possibly the best thing that anyone could do for themselves, healthwise, especially if you approach it like a bodybuilder does (except for the drugs). I find it amazing how misunderstood weightlifting is. When done properly, with good technique and moderate weight, it could be considered as a type of yoga.

During a well constructed full-body workout, you pump blood throughout your body resulting in the maximum amount of oxygen and nutrients being delivered. With just the right amount of resistance, your body will react by growing muscle tissue, bone tissue, and tendon tissue. You'll increase the amount of veins and arteries that you have as well.

People simply don't realize these things.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Eh weightlifting is bad for you I think.

-Smak

It's a misplaced form of energy.

People used to work... no time for working "out" lol. Now society is so spoiled, people have tons of free time on their hands so they invest it in vain purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Weightlifting is extremely beneficial for the body.

One of the biggest factors for great bone strength is weightlifting. Aside from that, the obvious other cardiovascular and health benefits.

Going for a jog in the park would be even more beneficial to your health than sitting in a sweaty indoors, surrounded by metal, moving weight for no purpose.

You dont need to look like superman to have good bone health. To eat right, drink water, and move is plenty. Most of the weightlifting and body building culture is nothing more than an exercise in ego.

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    you don't have to bulk up like the hulk .. just don't be a scrawny bitch .. it's manageable
    It's genetics. Guy in the video would have to be at the gym thee times a week not to be a little bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

People used to work... no time for working "out" lol. Now society is so spoiled, people have tons of free time on their hands so they invest it in vain purposes.
    there's a lot of "influencers" that work out alot. that's all they do. it's so vein it's sickening to see these people poisoning society.

there's a chick on snapchat that comes up on my feed, day after day all she uploads is videos of her working out or laying at home doing nothing. even if i was that rich, i'd find something to do. how the **** can you do nothing with your life?

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    there's a lot of "influencers" that work out alot. that's all they do. it's so vein it's sickening to see these people poisoning society.

there's a chick on snapchat that comes up on my feed, day after day all she uploads is videos of her working out or laying at home doing nothing. even if i was that rich, i'd find something to do. how the **** can you do nothing with your life?
    that is pathetic yep .. I watch people at the gym and cringe sometimes .. some seem obsessed with it .. I go about 3 times a week for about 50 min and I'm done .. I'll do cardio on other days for my heart .. but these people I see when I get there and they're still going at it when I leave .. who knows how long they're there and others are just flat out there every single day .. some take it to the extreme but lifting weights definitely has its benefits

I agree with this.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I'm a gym rat. I workout everyday, I never post my workouts on social media, I just love the natural high you get after a workout. You can say I'm addicted to it.

Going for a jog in the park would be even more beneficial to your health than sitting in a sweaty indoors, surrounded by metal, moving weight for no purpose.

You dont need to look like superman to have good bone health. To eat right, drink water, and move is plenty. Most of the weightlifting and body building culture is nothing more than an exercise in ego.
    false, our bodies are made to lift stuff. That shit is coded in our genes

to be in peak health is to lift some weights. Weight lifting ins't unhealthy

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    false, our bodies are made to lift stuff. That shit is coded in our genes

to be in peak health is to lift some weights. Weight lifting ins't unhealthy

our bodies were meant to do work.

that meant building shit, and having something to show for it.

You guys are just mindlessly lifting weight for no reason.

go for a damn run or walk lol.. do some pushups. it is way healthier.
    Last edited by tpols; 11-10-2019 at 03:50 PM.

You can tell who the unhealthy fatties are in this thread

our bodies were meant to do work.

that meant building shit, and having something to show for it.

You guys are just mindlessly lifting weight for no reason.

go for a damn run or walk lol.. do some pushups. it is way healthier.
    yeah idiot and lifting is "work"

Humans evolved to be bipedal as running to hunt prey and carrying it over our shoulders became common. Lifting prey is in our genes and our bodies have been made to adjust.

We're lifting to stay in shape. Not everyone wants to be a rocked out bodybuilder, there's plenty of fit people who do stuff like crossfit or just do lean workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Facepalm
    You can tell who the unhealthy fatties are in this thread
    for real, one thing is admitting you don't like lifting, another is acting like it's unhealthy(despite endless facts saying otherwise) because you don't do it