Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andre Drummond

Default Andre Drummond

He's an athletic freak, but he has an average rookie season in the NCAA. The team that will draft Drummond needs to let him train under Hakeem Olajuwon, Bill Walton, or Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

I hope he won't fail in the next level because the NBA needs another dominant Center. He's only 18 or 19 yrs.old. Drummond will still improve his game as he grows older. Kwame became an NBA Draft Bust because the Wizards failed to develop his offensive game.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Andre Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He's an athletic freak, but he has an average rookie season in the NCAA. The team that will draft Drummond needs to let him train under Hakeem Olajuwon, Bill Walton, or Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

I hope he won't fail in the next level because the NBA needs another dominant Center. He's only 18 or 19 yrs.old. Drummond will still improve his game as he grows older. Kwame became an NBA Draft Bust because the Wizards failed to develop his offensive game.
    Kwame Brown was a draft bust because he had tiny hands, because he was never a number one pick level talent anyway (scouts hadn't and arguably never did get a grasp on scouting HS level talent competing vs other high school players, which in turn leads to my next point), people especially MJ overrated him based on positive workouts vs Chandler, people were way too high on High School players at that point anyway. Washington with MJ playing and still effectively managing the Bulls (with a coach of his choosing, and somewhat in his pocket) was not the right place to nurture whatever talent Kwame had, but to be honest I don't think he had that much to begin with.

I'm not aware of Drummond having a physical flaw like tiny hands. The bigger question is his drive and whether he's committed to becoming the player he can be.

Whilst I would certainly look to get him help from any source possible, the idea that legendary big men, some of whom present kids haven't heard of, will be a pancea to all their problems (the notion that training with Kareem will give you his skyhook or with Hakeem will give you his dream shake and footwork) is flawed. Not that this is (necessarily) what the poster is saying but a lot of people seem to look at it this way.

Kwame became a draft bust because he was bad to begin with and it was a terrible draft

This guy looks like he'll be a huge bust based on talent alone. I don't trust Uconn prospects after Thabeet.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    This guy looks like he'll be a huge bust based on talent alone. I don't trust Uconn prospects after Thabeet.
    Drummond is a one-and-done. And basing your argument off one player is just dumb.

In this new world of one-and-dones, you can't really base your opinion of a player off the school because it takes a lot more than a year to get a player to really fit into the system that other players in the system had.

I honestly think Drummond is going to be a very fine pro. He's another one of those guys that I think didn't need the college game, he needed the pro game.

I think he'll do well in the league.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Drummond will be the steal of the draft. He should be the number #1 pick, but because of a bunch of turmoil at UCONN, someone is going to get him lower than where he should be picked.

he is the 2nd best player in the draft after davis, any team that draft guys beal or mkg over Drummond will be DUUUUUUUUUUUUMB

his offensive game is extremely shaky. no post moves whatsoever and a very awkward jump shot....yes he's young and athletic but i think people are too high on him. could be another deandre jordan/javale mcgee type

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by kurt_rambis
    his offensive game is extremely shaky. no post moves whatsoever and a very awkward jump shot....yes he's young and athletic but i think people are too high on him. could be another deandre jordan/javale mcgee type
    How many 18 year olds have a developed post game? And his shot is not awkward for a big man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    How many 18 year olds have a developed post game? And his shot is not awkward for a big man.
    jared sullinger, for example. he's had a very solid post game all of his college career. he obviously doesn't have the athleticism or the NBA body drummond has, but it's very possible for young guys to have good post moves

drummond's jumper is just weird looking. davis isn't consistent with his shot, but he at least has decent form

Quote Originally Posted by kurt_rambis
    deandre jordan is a 2nd round pick, mcgee is a late first round pick , neither of them have the physical gift Drummond has. Drummond was pegged as the for sure no.1 pick before the season.

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    Drummond is a one-and-done. And basing your argument off one player is just dumb.

In this new world of one-and-dones, you can't really base your opinion of a player off the school because it takes a lot more than a year to get a player to really fit into the system that other players in the system had.
    I gotta admit that that was a terrible school for him to pick. He never got the ball because the guards dominated the ball. However, I don't like the way he moves. He's number 2 by default because of his potential. There are a lot of players going after him that could have much more of an impact.

some of yall didnt watch any uconn games this year. drummond disappeared on a regular basis, and has a poor motor.