Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Andre Drummond shooting 18.2 percent from free throw line over last six games

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Andre Drummond shooting 18.2 percent from free throw line over last six games

He's at a career low .358% for the season right now...it's just pathetic to be that bad when playing basketball is what you do for a living.

Default Re: Andre Drummond shooting 18.2 percent from free throw line over last six games

Last five games:

1-6
    1-3
    1-5
    1-4
    1-8

At least he is consistent, one free throw made each game

I could throw it at the hoop, with one-hand, under-handed... and make 1 out of 5 times.

There is no excuse for that. None whatsoever.

High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

That is hot garbage. I get feeling Drummond will always be one of those players you are waiting to break out but never do.

NBA Superstar

Question that's emerged: Who would you take in a shooting contest — Andre Drummond from the free throw line or Steph Curry from half court?

http://www.thefullcourt.press/nba-pl...d-best-shooter

High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

Curry. Ive seen worse shooters than Curry hit back to back half court shots. What are the odds drummond hits back to back FTs?

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

[QUOTE=Rake2204]Question that's emerged: Who would you take in a shooting contest

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    obviously drummond
    In a controlled setting, I suppose it'd be the most sensible, as I'm certain that Drummond can easily find a rhythm to hit at least 50 percent of his free throws if he's just cranking them out one after another.

But at this point, if we were talking in-game free throws, given his current 18 percent streak, Curry would have to hit one of five attempts from half court to eclipse Drummond's current efficiency. Not terrible odds.

Remember reading somewhere that Curry hits half courters like they're nothing in practice regularly. Apparently he practices ridiculously long distance shots an unusual amount, not just for fun but to actually refine his form and strength from distance. Probably why even the toughest contested 3s look like layups for him in games. I'd pick Drummond in that comparison but in a huge sample I'm not sure it'd be a big gap.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacAttack
    That is hot garbage. I get feeling Drummond will always be one of those players you are waiting to break out but never do.

He's averaging 18 ppg on 53.1 FG%, and 15.4 rpg. He's having a spectacular season for a 22 yrs.old. He needs to improve his free throws in case the Pistons make it into the playoffs, and the opposing coaching staff implements the hack a Drummond strategy.

https://youtu.be/1o9xbx3qFgM?t=34

well hot damn, curry hitting them off the bounce from almost half court
    seriously, drummond has problems with pressure situations (in-game), so i'd take curry.

Stalkerforlife a pedo

I went 4/50 in practice last year and made my team do pushups in a ft contest.

swag.

Stalkerforlife a pedo

[QUOTE=Rake2204]Question that's emerged: Who would you take in a shooting contest