Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

Default Re: Pat Riley: "No more smiling faces with hidden agendas" (Shots at LBJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    It's so nice getting to see Riley get a taste of his own medicine. Riley is salty as ****, still crying about LeBron while his franchise he's running went fishing early while LeBron wasn't even aware of the comments and said exactly what needed to be said about Riley's comments.
    Bran shouldve told Riley he had second thoughts, but it seems he went all ghost on the Heat front office; kinda the same way he did when he left the Cavs. It's basically the case of Bran being Bran. when is he going to get a taste of his own medicine?

anyway, this whole drama reeks of an air of two lovers fighting over the same dude. i wish Riley could just move on from this. we've won before Bran and we'll win after him. Bran stopped being of interest to me the moment he left our team
    Last edited by Crimsonrain777; 04-21-2015 at 06:02 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Pat Riley: "No more smiling faces with hidden agendas" (Shots at LBJ)

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    That kinda surprises me from Riley. He seem like a "It was only business..." type. Pat Riley was a striaght up villian in the mid 90s....

He pretty much hit the Knicks with a chair shot and didnt give a shit.
    Business is Business. But it's hard not to take it personal when you're asked to fly across the country to meet like its a genuine meet up, meanwhile a "Coming Home" essay has already been drafted out with a Sports Illustrated writer lol.

Smiling faces. Hidden agendas.

Also, the Knicks were going to let Riley out of his contract anyway. There was a significant power struggle there, and the Knicks president foolishly sided with their GM over Riley.
    Last edited by PJR; 04-21-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonrain777
    When is he going to get a taste of his own medicine?
    He already has. He has a past of trading away Heat players like the Mournings and Hardaways to win now, onyl to get them back later working in the team. Haslem will probbaly get traded before he retires and do the same and come back. It's just funny LeBron does the same thing, but in reverse. He got what he wanted from the Heat, championship pedigree and rings and left. Hence, taste of his own medicine.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    #1 lebron only said he liked him, right? not to mention, riley is not dan gilbert who basically rolls on his back whenever LBJ gives him the command.

#2 doesn't make much sense for lebron to push for a guy anyway if he had already planned to leave. most reasonable scenerio, he simply hadn't decided yet. riley knew there was a big x-factor either way.
    Pretty sure Riley would have rolled whichever direction LeBron asked him to when it looked like he was beginning to slip away over the summer.

And, no doubt in my mind the Heat picking Napier was heavily influenced by LeBron's tweets... which speaks to how just how much power he had there.

James was always pretty open about the fact that he saw himself back in Cleveland at some point. Most people -- myself included -- didn't think it would happen this quickly, but it didn't seem like a secret that he planned to finish his career here eventually.

He started to talk about it in the press as early as 2012.

February 2012:
    James said he made a mistake in the way he left Cleveland and could see himself playing for the Cavaliers again. Not even Jeremy Lin could top that news on Thursday.

"I think it would be great," James said after the Heat's practice at The Q in preparation for tonight's game against the Cavs. "It would be fun to play in front of these fans again. I had a lot fun times in my seven years here. You can't predict the future, and hopefully I continue to stay healthy. I'm here as a Miami Heat player, and I'm happy where I am now, but I don't rule that out in no sense.

"And if I decide to come back, hopefully the fans will accept me."

This discussion actually started a few weeks ago when former Plain Dealer reporter Brian Windhorst, now working for ESPN.com, suggested in a local radio interview that he could see James returning. This was the first time James was asked about that in Cleveland, and his candid responses took reporters by surprise.
    http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index....could_see.html

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    He already has. He has a past of trading away Heat players like the Mournings and Hardaways to win now, onyl to get them back later working in the team. Haslem will probbaly get traded before he retires and do the same and come back. It's just funny LeBron does the same thing, but in reverse. He got what he wanted from the Heat, championship pedigree and rings and left. Hence, taste of his own medicine.
    if those players end up coming back and working for the Heat organization. that show's loyalty on the part of Riley. but anyway, my question was addressed to Lebron. he's become notorious for not letting his intentions known til the last minute when teams are unable to plan for it. he's done it to the Cavs and now the Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    teams constantly trade players whenever they want.
    thankfully, most of the players have matured these days to know that it is strictly business.
    Loyalty BS should be left to immature retarded sports fans who would quit their job the next day if they found a better job.

I love how Riley is mad that he got played the same way he played the knicks in the 90s.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonrain777
    if those players end up coming back and working for the Heat organization. that show's loyalty on the part of Riley. but anyway, my question was addressed to Lebron. he's become notorious for not letting his intentions known til the last minute when teams are unable to plan for it. he's done it to the Cavs and now the Heat
    Agreed.

He handled his exit far better in Miami than he did in Cleveland... because it is literally impossible to do it any worse than he did the first time around. But, I still thought it was ridiculous the way he held the entire FA class and the NBA hostage for a week when it was obvious to everyone he was coming back.

It was a very open secret that he was coming back to Cleveland at least 10 days before the announcement. This idea that he waited until the last minute to decide either in 2010 or 2014 is truly ridiculous. I said it at the time, too.

Then again, it shouldn't surprise anyone. LBJ is a notorious attention whore. A lot of guys shy away from the spotlight. LeBron lives for it. That is a valid reason, imo, for the Miami organization and their fans to harbor some ill will. Now, what he did to the Cavs... that was comically bad. It felt like he took a 100-mile detour just to kick the city in the nuts. I'm sure that wasn't his intention, but holy sh!t.

Things worked out for the best in the end, but that will always live in infamy when it comes to how athletes should NOT to handle their departure.

crying that the guy that quit on his team Cavs vs celtics so that he could go to the heat win championships, left his team to go to a more talented team.

Priceless, just priceless.

Not going even to mention the breaking the rules collusion.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile

ditto

Why do the morons in this thread not realise this has not to do with him leaving , but with how he left, which was typical Bron - i.e. being an asshole to people who had your back, not telling them of your intentions, leaving them in uncertainty and in a poor position to plan for the future.

When Riley said "No more smiling faces with hidden agendas" he was talking specifically about having to build last summer without knowing about LeBron. Not hard to understand why this is a cuntish thing to do to a team and management that has brought you great success - in fact, it looks like a downright attempt to sabotage the competition.

It's the same shit he pulled in Cleveland, except no one cares because he wrote that pathetic and egomanaical letter .

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Why do the morons in this thread not realise this has not to do with him leaving , but with how he left, which was typical Bron - i.e. being an asshole to people who had your back, not telling them of your intentions, leaving them in uncertainty and in a poor position to plan for the future.

When Riley said "No more smiling faces with hidden agendas" he was talking specifically about having to build last summer without knowing about LeBron. Not hard to understand why this is a cuntish thing to do to a team and management that has brought you great success - in fact, it looks like a downright attempt to sabotage the competition.

It's the same shit he pulled in Cleveland, except no one cares because he wrote that pathetic and egomanaical letter .
    once Lebron decided to opt-out on his 5th year with Miami, you had to have some thought that he was on his way out...if you didn't you're the moron, as well. you basically saw how fed-up he was with the team during the Finals, same expressions he gave during his last playoff appearance verse Boston in 2010, when Boston won. he looked drained and fed up of the situation. clear signs he was thinking about leaving.

same scenario with Cleveland before he left in 2010...he refused to restructure mid-year, toured the country for a new home, yet everyone in Cleveland wants us to believe they were played. eff that!!! Cleveland played themselves thinking he was coming back...Lebron was leaving Cleveland since the mid-season, and the only way he was remaining a Cav was IF they won the title that year. if you didn't see those signs prior to the 2010 summer, you're a moron too
    Last edited by r15mohd; 04-22-2015 at 08:51 AM.

In reality, Riley cries everyday because Lebron left and the Heat are now out of the playoffs cause of that......lmao

Quote Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite
    In reality, Riley cries everyday because Lebron left and the Heat are now out of the playoffs cause of that......lmao

doubt that...he has remorse, that's a surety, but he knows how to recover from the situation. my beef with Riley is that he doesn't like to let the ship sink and start afresh. huge contract for Bosh, all loyalty based. restructuring Wade for 2-years at a pretty high dollar, all loyalty based (though not as bad as Bosh seeing he's off the books next summer).

next summer, we're in the running to land a huge FA, maybe two. after Lebron left, and 4 finals with 2 titles...I'm ok with a 2yr rebuild plan, rather than trying to just compete for a playoff spot and not a title.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

damn dudes neggin u hard.

I def can't understand how people accepted his comeback to the Cavs, but I think the fit of Cleveland is much better than the Heat was. The Heat had star power and better D, but the way the Cavs are playing... I dunno they might even have better coaching.

I'm never gonna forget the decision or him quitting vs Boston. I'm not gonna forget him quitting on Miami either or the unbelievable scenario of him ditching Cleveland like nothing and coming back as if he never left (and the fans accepting him as if he had been off fighting in a foreign land.)

I USED TO HATE BRON BUT NOW HE'S BACK. I LOVE HIM. Even dudes on this forum. Not trying to call anyone out, but that's some bitchmade shit. If you posted about him and hating him, you need to keep hating him. Even if he's on your team. At the very least, don't embrace him. I can watch the Cavs without embracing Bron. It's just like o that guy, out there throwing passes out of bounds and shit.

-Smak

Suck it up, Riles. You play the game and sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Stop all that hating, my man.