Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Default Sixers F/C. will any of them be made available via trade?

Okafor, Noel, Embiid, and Saric are the "future" FC of the sixers, but they all dont pair perectly together. most notably, Noel and Okafor. the sixers brought Ish Smith in, and by doing so, Noel has looked infinitely better, while okafor has taken a backseat to them.

Is this their long time plan - Okafor on the bench with Noel at the 5. because it's hard to imagine a talent like his degraded to a bench player. or do they start the two of them together, with noel playing out of position at the 4. do they bench noel? do them move one of them? Embiid doesnt seem to have much value around the league, currently. no one knows what to think of saric

College superstar

Default Re: Sixers F/C. will any of them be made available via trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Seuss
    Okafor, Noel, Embiid, and Saric are the "future" FC of the sixers, but they all dont pair perectly together. most notably, Noel and Okafor. the sixers brought Ish Smith in, and by doing so, Noel has looked infinitely better, while okafor has taken a backseat to them.

Is this their long time plan - Okafor on the bench with Noel at the 5. because it's hard to imagine a talent like his degraded to a bench player. or do they start the two of them together, with noel playing out of position at the 4. do they bench noel? do them move one of them? Embiid doesnt seem to have much value around the league, currently. no one knows what to think of saric
    All players on the 76ers are always available. Hinkie is using the roster much as a day trader uses his investments. Okafor was picked because he was the most valuable asset not because he was the best fit for the team. When the team is ready to compete the FO will start looking into FAs and look to transfer assets to a more appropriate asset (read: TRADE). We don't know if ANY of these guys are going to be any good yet.

Okafor is going to see his stat lines plummet now that the 76ers have been told they have to compete. He could score from the post but he can't defend and is not as of yet a productive NBA player.

I think Embiid still has a significantly better ceiling than Okafor. I just don't know if his body will ever allow him to play at the level he would have otherwised reached.

Saric is a stretch 4 with some ability to create and is a solid rebounder. Ideal fit for the stretch 4, can play a little 3 but lacks athleticism to compete with NBA wings.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    All players on the 76ers are always available. Hinkie is using the roster much as a day trader uses his investments. Okafor was picked because he was the most valuable asset not because he was the best fit for the team. When the team is ready to compete the FO will start looking into FAs and look to transfer assets to a more appropriate asset (read: TRADE). We don't know if ANY of these guys are going to be any good yet.

Okafor is going to see his stat lines plummet now that the 76ers have been told they have to compete. He could score from the post but he can't defend and is not as of yet a productive NBA player.

I think Embiid still has a significantly better ceiling than Okafor. I just don't know if his body will ever allow him to play at the level he would have otherwised reached.

Saric is a stretch 4 with some ability to create and is a solid rebounder. Ideal fit for the stretch 4, can play a little 3 but lacks athleticism to compete with NBA wings.
    Yep. So now Hinkie's plan, imo, of pumping and dumping Okafor this season won't be allowed to work. And it was a great plan I think.

Is Saric really a stretch 4 or is that the hopes? Because I thought his shooting was something that needed to be improved especially his range. I often compare him to a more athletic version of Boris Diaw. Never looked at him as a stretch 4. Maybe he is improving his shot overseas. I have no idea what he is doing. Hard to find stuff about him over there besides hes been unhappy with his playing time.

As far as who will be traded? Anyones guess. I've heard good arguments for them all. But all are available. I highly doubt anyone is off limits.

Must have missed this, what happened?

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

would love for the lakers to make an offer for noel. ideally, surrounding clarkson + filler. im sure the sixers would ask for a whole lot more, though

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    would love for the lakers to make an offer for noel. ideally, surrounding clarkson + filler. im sure the sixers would ask for a whole lot more, though
    Yeah you're gonna have to add more than just filler with Clarkson bud.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Is Saric really a stretch 4 or is that the hopes? Because I thought his shooting was something that needed to be improved especially his range. I often compare him to a more athletic version of Boris Diaw. Never looked at him as a stretch 4. Maybe he is improving his shot overseas. I have no idea what he is doing. Hard to find stuff about him over there besides hes been unhappy with his playing time.

As far as who will be traded? Anyones guess. I've heard good arguments for them all. But all are available. I highly doubt anyone is off limits.
    In his season in Turkey, I think he's shooting 46% from midrange and 40% (or more) from 3. I'm not sure how many mins he's playing with his team's best players or how much burn he gets vs. the other teams' starters.

I have to see how he shoots from the NBA line though. If he knocks down NBA threes at an above average rate, he'll be a really effective offensive player imo. That'll determine how playable he is.

Also, Okafor has come off the bench the same way that Noel did once he returned from injury. Maybe he gets re-promoted to the starting lineup soon- the other day I expected he'd start within a week.

I read somewhere that Brett Brown said Okafor's defensive effort will dictate his mins/role going forward. Maybe they can still pump/dump him. It was in a blowout, but he put up a lot of points efficiently vs. the Clippers off the bench.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB

I don't think he's a stretch four in the league. I think he's just gonna be a guy who does a lot of things pretty well. He's not a great shooter but he can shoot ok. He's not a point forward but he can pass pretty well. He's gonna get hurt defensively. He's not athletic and he's not fast. He is a smart and good basketball player and will be a good guy off the bench. I think of him as kind of a tall Iggy. He's not a dude you want to be the man on a team but he can be a decent piece.

I don't believe in the pump and dump theory about Okafor becuase the moe he plays the worse he looks he can't rebound or defend and he doesn't have a great value. So I don't think Hinkie had a plan to pump and dump him becuase he's worth less now than he was on draft night. Not to mention the off the court stuff and now his dad heckling Brett brown and talking bad about Hinkie too. I think he was just the wrong pick, I don't think there was a grand scheme to draft him and then make him appear to be more valuable than he actually is.

I really like Noel
    If ISH Smith can pump up Noel just imagine what a good player could do for him

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Whole lot is an understatement.

Lakers would probably need to make the pick top 1 protected or something.

Local High School Star

I highly doubt Hinkie is still calling the shots in Philly....I think Colangelo is.

Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

Hey Sixers fans, would you guys take LaVine + Shabazz Muhammad for Noel?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    In his season in Turkey, I think he's shooting 46% from midrange and 40% (or more) from 3. I'm not sure how many mins he's playing with his team's best players or how much burn he gets vs. the other teams' starters.

I have to see how he shoots from the NBA line though. If he knocks down NBA threes at an above average rate, he'll be a really effective offensive player imo. That'll determine how playable he is.

Also, Okafor has come off the bench the same way that Noel did once he returned from injury. Maybe he gets re-promoted to the starting lineup soon- the other day I expected he'd start within a week.

I read somewhere that Brett Brown said Okafor's defensive effort will dictate his mins/role going forward. Maybe they can still pump/dump him. It was in a blowout, but he put up a lot of points efficiently vs. the Clippers off the bench.
    Oak was too big for Towns......again....they started double teaming him..

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by tanks1
    Oak was too big for Towns......again....they started double teaming him..
    He can score when given enough touches. KAT has struggled to guard him in their two matchups.

I'm not sure why you're telling me this though. KAT is the better player both now and likely in the future. Okafor is still somebody that will need a couple years to get up to speed on defense. If he consistently can knock down Js and learn to be a better roll man, he'll have an immense offensive arsenal.

Okafor started tonight, as I suspected would happen shortly after he came off the bench. His mins are also down compared to earlier this year.