Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-13-2009, 01:42 AM   #1
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Default Just some thoughts (End of season edition)

What a season it has been. From getting off the to best start since the Jordan era, to falling from grace, and sweet redemption in the glorious ascent to the 7th seed. We even got a sniff at the 6th had the wheels not come breaking off, and fate itself dealt us a bad hand at the end. Regardless, from the direction the season was going to where we ended up, it's definitely a feat us Bulls fans should never forget.

John Paxson:

My feelings on Pax is something like Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I wanted his resignation just as bad as everyone else since the Ben Wallace error, then the terrible offseason/botched contract negotiations. Lady luck herself really has been favoring him though. Having the #1 pick fall into his lap seems to have revived the interest of our front office. We were inches away from Kobe, who vetoed the trade, and had a real shot at Amare, but the Suns decided to keep him.

Just when the Stoudemire hopes fell apart, Pax pulls off an ingenious trade that brings the ex-Bull Brad Miller and a player entering his prime in John Salmons. This gives the Bulls the ability to be competitive while still having many valuable trading pieces and needed cap relief if nothing presents itself before the 2010 free agency. I say he's proved himself worthy of keeping his job. He really proved me wrong.

Jerry Reinsdorf:

Thank you for waking this team up by calling them out and having a part in those trades. Jerry said things will get better and he didn't lie this time. Don't be a cheap ass in the future!

Vinny Del Negro:

Now here was a hot topic that was debating heavily since the first word of his hiring. I really felt Doug Collins was THE man to hire. Instead, we got Vinny, who has been both a failure and success throughout the season. When the season started, this team was doing suprisingly well, and then the injuries came. A big reason I've kept my support for Vinny was because of the fact that he didn't have anything consistent to work with and this team has so many holes. The rotations were pretty much different every week due to Hinrich being out several months, and Deng struggling with his typical on and off injuries. Coming into the season, I wasn't expecting much considering the line-up, I figured Vinny was perfect to help with our younger players, and it has proven to be so. If Vinny can work out his kinks, he has potential to be a good coach in the league. Let's see how he really works out throughout the length of his contract. There's something everyone who hates or likes Vinny has in common; we're all hoping for the best.

Luol Deng:

This is a guy I had HIGH, HIGH hopes for. Luol was an up and coming stud at the SF spot, but there was always something missing. In the words of the Tinman himself, "If I only had a heart!" The talent is there to be an all-star, but he just doesn't seem to have the stomach to become that. Any injury seems to have a profound effect on him. The guy is mentally weak. He showed it when the Kobe rumors came and he shows it by being on the bench for every body pain he gets. Whether we trade Deng or keep him, I can find a silver lining. I just hope something clicks with him that isn't a body part.

Joakim Noah:

Joakim, as we all know, came into the season out of shape and sloppy. It's a shame really. I feel that had he worked hard in the offseason he could come in and average a double double. Unfortunately he didn't, but I loved what I saw when he finally got his act together later in the season. He's really a great energy player and wears his emotions on his sleve. I like guys who play the game like Noah. I feel every team needs someone like him to be successful. We really should hang onto him for the forseeable future. A developed Noah and a good PF would make the Bulls dangerous. Noah happens to come at a cheap price also, so it's really a good situation. He better learn from his mistakes and put in the work needed this offseason. Hitting the gym would be a great start.

Ben Gordon:

My God has this guy been clutch all season long. Big shot after big shot. A lot has been said about Gordon since the contract discussions began in the past offseason to this very day. I wanted to wait until after the season to give my opinion on whether we should re-sign BG or let him walk, but I'm still torn. Why? Because it all depends on the kind of contract he's shooting for now. The economy is terrible, so Ben couldn't possibily be looking for more than 10 mil a year, right? If he asks for anything more than that, we MUST let him walk. This would be a terrible time to hand out another huge contract that could backfire. If the price is 9 or 10 mil, I wouldn't mind keeping him at that price. Ben is worth that even if coming off the bench. I wouldn't mind seeing Ben start next season at the SG spot, but beyond 2010, we either need a really good defensive 2 guard coming off the bench, or find a new starter and have Ben playing 6th man. I'm really torn on this issue and can't wait until the Bulls organization figures this out and makes the right decision. Keep or lose Ben, I think our team is still on track to doing huge things in the future.

Kirk Hinrich:

It was a shame he had that thumb injury that kept him out for all those months. Captain Kirk has been great to the Bulls organization, and every fan should appreciate his true worth. Kirk is a great on-the-floor leader and plays consistent defense. As much as I like having Kirk on the team, I feel he needs to be traded. Rose is the future now at PG, and Kirk deserves to be a starter in the NBA. Kirk is the ultimate team player and will always be one of my favorite players in the NBA no matter what team he plays for. The Bulls started turning the corner when Kirk came back from his injury.

Andres Nocioni:

Still got love for Noc. I hope the rest of his career goes well.

Tyrus Thomas:

Tyrus really improved coming into this season. He's become quite the defensive player and is nice to have as a shot blocking threat. I still feel that he should not be starting, but I understand the Bulls do not have anything better. I'd love to see Tyrus take fewer jumpshots and become a better rebounder. I'm not saying stop jumpshots all together, but just take them when wide open and not late in games when we need a bucket or have a healthy lead. With all that athleticism, there's so reason he shouldn't be able to average 9+ rebounds. Overall, I'm glad to see progress. If he's still on the roster coming into next season, I feel it's either keep improving or out the door by the trade deadline.

John Salmons and Brad Miller:

John Salmons and Brad Miller were a perfect fit for this team. I was thrilled when I heard the news they were coming to Chicago and I'm just as happy with their performance. Salmons has shown to be an NBA sleeper. What an amazing half he had with us. If not for the hammy injury going into the playoffs, I'm sure it would've continued. Brad Miller has slowed down a lot, but he's an asset with his expiring contract and experience. I wouldn't mind keeping Brad until his contract ends. These two guys helped save the season.

Last but above all, Derrick Rose:

The kid is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. He has "it." Coming into the season, I did not expect Rose to come along as quickly as he did, but knew it was possible considering how hard I seen him work during his season at Memphis. Rose was praised as being a hardworking, humble, and an explosive player. He has been as good as we thought he would be. It's nice to have a true winner and extremely special talent back in the Chicago. Keep working on defense and that jumpshot and the sky is the limit for him. We're in for a ride, Bulls fans.

I'm already counting the days until next season.

Last edited by Undisputed : 05-18-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:20 AM   #2
methusala
Serious playground baller

Default Re: Just some thoughts (End of season edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
John Paxson:

My feelings on Pax is something like Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Good post, and this part stood out. Sometimes I wonder if Pax and Jim Hendry intentionally make stupid moves, then only save themselves by pulling something out of their a** . Both have had many a move that left me scratching my head, and many moves that left me saying "well played sir".
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:06 AM   #3
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

I want Paxson to stay now. He really impressed me making that Bulls/Kings trade. He still has to do some more work but if he can get that All-Star PF/C the Bulls desperately need than I'll take back everything bad I've ever said about him.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Just some thoughts (End of season edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I want Paxson to stay now. He really impressed me making that Bulls/Kings trade. He still has to do some more work but if he can get that All-Star PF/C the Bulls desperately need than I'll take back everything bad I've ever said about him.

Paxson has done very well with trades in his tenure as Bulls GM, so the fact that this trade worked out well doesn't surprise me. It's the rest of the stuff that he has done poorly at - the prospect evaluating, the contracts, hiring, etc.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
CelticForce1349
Ich Liebe die Bulls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
What a season it has been. From getting off the to best start since the Jordan era, to falling from grace, and sweet redemption in the glorious ascent to the 7th seed. We even got a sniff at the 6th had the wheels not come breaking off, and fate itself dealt us a bad hand at the end. Regardless, from the direction the season was going to where we ended up, it's definitely a feat us Bulls fans should never forget.

John Paxson:

My feelings on Pax is something like Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I wanted his resignation just as bad as everyone else since the Ben Wallace error, then the terrible offseason/botched contract negotiations. Lady luck herself really has been favoring him though. Having the #1 pick fall into his lap seems to have revived the interest of our front office. We were inches away from Kobe, who vetoed the trade, and had a real shot at Amare, but the Suns decided to keep him.

Just when the Stoudemire hopes fell apart, Pax pulls off an ingenious trade that brings the ex-Bull Brad Miller and a player entering his prime in John Salmons. This gives the Bulls the ability to be competitive while still having many valuable trading pieces and needed cap relief if nothing presents itself before the 2010 free agency. I say he's proved himself worthy of keeping his job. He really proved me wrong.

Jerry Reinsdorf:

Thank you for waking this team up by calling them out and having a part in those trades. Jerry said things will get better and he didn't lie this time. Don't be a cheap ass in the future!

Vinny Del Negro:

Now here was a hot topic that was debating heavily since the first word of his hiring. I really felt Doug Collins was THE man to hire. Instead, we got Vinny, who has been both a failure and success throughout the season. When the season started, this team was doing suprisingly well, and then the injuries came. A big reason I've kept my support for Vinny was because of the fact that he didn't have anything consistent to work with and this team has so many holes. The rotations were pretty much different every week due to Hinrich being out several months, and Deng struggling with his typical on and off injuries. Coming into the season, I wasn't expecting much considering the line-up, I figured Vinny was perfect to help with our younger players, and it has proven to be so. If Vinny can work out his kinks, he has potential to be a good coach in the league. Let's see how he really works out throughout the length of his contract. There's something everyone who hates or likes Vinny has in common; we're all hoping for the best.

Luol Deng:

This is a guy I had HIGH, HIGH hopes for. Luol was an up and coming stud at the SF spot, but there was always something missing. In the words of the Tinman himself, "If I only had a heart!" The talent is there to be an all-star, but he just doesn't seem to have the stomach to become that. Any injury seems to have a profound effect on him. The guy is mentally weak. He showed it when the Kobe rumors came and he shows it by being on the bench for every body pain he gets. Whether we trade Deng or keep him, I can find a silver lining. I just hope something clicks with him that isn't a body part.

Joakim Noah:

Joakim, as we all know, came into the season out of shape and sloppy. It's a shame really. I feel that had he worked hard in the offseason he could come in and average a double double. Unfortunately he didn't, but I loved what I saw when he finally got his act together later in the season. He's really a great energy player and wears his emotions on his sleve. I like guys who play the game like Noah. I feel every team needs someone like him to be successful. We really should hang onto him for the forseeable future. A developed Noah and a good PF would make the Bulls dangerous. Noah happens to come at a cheap price also, so it's really a good situation. He better learn from his mistakes and put in the work needed this offseason. Hitting the gym would be a great start.

Ben Gordon:

My God has this guy been clutch all season long. Big shot after big shot. A lot has been said about Gordon since the contract discussions began in the past offseason to this very day. I wanted to wait until after the season to give my opinion on whether we should re-sign BG or let him walk, but I'm still torn. Why? Because it all depends on the kind of contract he's shooting for now. The economy is terrible, so Ben couldn't possibily be looking for more than 10 mil a year, right? If he asks for anything more than that, we MUST let him walk. This would be a terrible time to hand out another huge contract that could backfire. If the price is 9 or 10 mil, I wouldn't mind keeping him at that price. Ben is worth that even if coming off the bench. I wouldn't mind seeing Ben start next season at the SG spot, but beyond 2010, we either need a really good defensive 2 guard coming off the bench, or find a new starter and have Ben playing 6th man. I'm really torn on this issue and can't wait until the Bulls organization figures this out and makes the right decision. Keep or lose Ben, I think our team is still on track to doing huge things in the future.

Kirk Hinrich:

It was a shame he had that thumb injury that kept him out for all those months. Captain Kirk has been great to the Bulls organization, and every fan should appreciate his true worth. Kirk is a great on-the-floor leader and plays consistent defense. As much as I like having Kirk on the team, I feel he needs to be traded. Rose is the future now at PG, and Kirk deserves to be a starter in the NBA. Kirk is the ultimate team player and will always be one of my favorite players in the NBA no matter what team he plays for. The Bulls started turning the corner when Kirk came back from his injury.

Andres Nocioni:

Still got love for Noc. I hope the rest of his career goes well.

Tyrus Thomas:

Tyrus really improved coming into this season. He's become quite the defensive player and is nice to have as a shot blocking threat. I still feel that he should not be starting, but I understand the Bulls do not have anything better. I'd love to see Tyrus take fewer jumpshots and become a better rebounder. I'm not saying stop jumpshots all together, but just take them when wide open and not late in games when we need a bucket or have a healthy lead. With all that athleticism, there's so reason he shouldn't be able to average 9+ rebounds. Overall, I'm glad to see progress. If he's still on the roster coming into next season, I feel it's either keep improving or out the door by the trade deadline.

John Salmons and Brad Miller:

John Salmons and Brad Miller were a perfect fit for this team. I was thrilled when I heard the news they were coming to Chicago and I'm just as happy with their performance. Salmons has shown to be an NBA sleeper. What an amazing half he had with us. If not for the hammy injury going into the playoffs, I'm sure it would've continued. Brad Miller has slowed down a lot, but he's an asset with his expiring contract and experience. I wouldn't mind keeping Brad until his contract ends. These two guys helped save the season.

Last but above all, Derrick Rose:

The kid is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. He has "it." Coming into the season, I did not expect Rose to come along as quickly as he did, but knew it was possible considering how hard I seen him work during his season at Memphis. Rose was praised as being a hardworking, humble, and an explosive player. He has been as good as we thought he would be. It's nice to have a true winner and extremely special talent back in the Chicago. Keep working on defense and that jumpshot and the sky is the limit for him. We're in for a ride, Bulls fans.

I'm already counting the days until next season.

This is an awesome post. This is exactly what this forum needs so much more of. I really can't say much else because I would only be making a poor-man version of your thoughts.

Don't take this the wrong way bro because I mean this in the best possible way; you really grew so much since you first started posting. You are now one of the best/most thoughtful posters on ISH and I have no problem selecting you as the MVP of the Bulls forum. (no disrespect to any of the other good guys)

It's too bad the ISH system for rep is essentially broken. You deserve mad rep for this and some green for your more regular posts too. It just takes too damn long to hit somebody up after each rep. The thought is always there though. Peace.
CelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:46 AM   #6
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
This is an awesome post. This is exactly what this forum needs so much more of. I really can't say much else because I would only be making a poor-man version of your thoughts.

Don't take this the wrong way bro because I mean this in the best possible way; you really grew so much since you first started posting. You are now one of the best/most thoughtful posters on ISH and I have no problem selecting you as the MVP of the Bulls forum. (no disrespect to any of the other good guys)

It's too bad the ISH system for rep is essentially broken. You deserve mad rep for this and some green for your more regular posts too. It just takes too damn long to hit somebody up after each rep. The thought is always there though. Peace.

Damn, thanks a lot man. Glad you liked the post.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #7
Adambomb
Learning to shoot layups

i really like this post. I also feel hinrich has reached the max of what he could get wit the bulls and its time to move on. I wouldnt mind seeing a deal revolving around him for camby or kamen
Adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: