Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: Discuss Carmelo Anthony, Nuggets now that Jazz eliminated them in round 1

Quote Originally Posted by 1_BAD_TIGER
    Funny How when the Nuggets are healthy and winning, there the team to challenge the Lakers, but when there not healthy and losing they Lack character. Denver has no coach, without Karl. George Karl has always been a very controlling and hands on coach, his assistants aren't given much control in running the team. And Billups with all his years of experience as a player is not going to match Karl's 30 plus years of coaching. If Coach Sloan was not able to coach Utah in this series do you think they would have played as well as they did? Denver was the only team in the playoffs missing there head coach no other team had that disadvantage.
    stop with the head coach is missing excuses... he's been an nba head coach for 25 years, he has a below .500 coaching record in the playoffs and has only had a wining playoff run 5 times in 22 years of post season play..
    honestly the chances of the nuggets going deep into the playoffs with karl on the bench was slim

the nuggets are just not a smart team, with or without karl, more than enough talent on that team to get by a jazz team that's limping through the playoffs, yet once again it's a first round exit for the nuggets..

the front office needs to realize that karl is not going to take this team to the finals, that melo for whatever odd reason cannot lead this current squad, it's not a slam on melo, he should be able to lead this team but it seems to me there is some disfunction on that team and melo is not strong enough to put guys in their place...

like i said it's not a very smart team, the players as a whole are not working as a team it's like watching a pickup game with a group of guys who meet every sunday to ball, all good buddies, it's just for fun lets not step on anyones toes, everyone make sure you get your shots in...

until melo grows a spine and takes control of this team it's not going anywhere
    Last edited by gts; 05-01-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Default Re: Discuss Carmelo Anthony, Nuggets now that Jazz eliminated them in round 1

Melo was the only one stepping up in the first 5 games and chocked in game 6.

The Nuggets had to many ego's for AD to handle, and he was uncapable of adjusting the defense and offense.

The series is on Dantley, but game 6 is on Melo.

Still a very impressive post season performance by Melo.

And JR & Bird has to go this off season.. They were as bad ass AD.

Not airballing my layups anymore garubu's Avatar

They gotta ship JR. I was watching him this game, and he was like a baby throwing a fit when he didn't get the ball. Yeah there were times when billups could of gave him the ball, and when he didn't JR throw his hands up. Jr then goes into bitchfit mode and starts doing stupid falls. Should of subbed his ass out a long time ago in the 3rd quarter i believe.

Hellbound

I like and respect Chauncey for what he was part of here, but he definitely "toots his own horn" a lil much. You will consistently hear him talking about how he's a leader and is going to do this or that to help his team. And then you see him taking long contested 3's early in the shot clock and getting technical fouls? His leadership is exaggerated, at least in his own mind. His shot selection is very poor sometimes and his decision making isn't always great. Which sadly seems to fit with this team. If they just played "smarter" and more controlled basketball, they could likely win a championship.

And for all the blame going to Melo, who else really came to play this series for Denver? Chauncey had pretty good stats, but where was his "leadership"?

they are crap... from what i saw in game 6 they're just bunch of jr smiths put together.

i did think that way until last years playoffs. nuggets played great and that time i really felt they proved me wrong. so i was expecting them to be as solid this year. but now they're back to old themselves...

its not our fault... we missed KMart for a long time, he came back at like 50%... Ty, Melo, JR, and Chauncey missed time... Karl missed time... the refs hate us... we got probably the hardest match up in the first round (they are a hungry team)

now i know it sounds like im a whinny B*tch, but its hard to win if everyone is missing time and the refs don't respect you for sh!t

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    Melo was the only one stepping up in the first 5 games and chocked in game 6.

The Nuggets had to many ego's for AD to handle, and he was uncapable of adjusting the defense and offense.

The series is on Dantley, but game 6 is on Melo.

Still a very impressive post season performance by Melo.

And JR & Bird has to go this off season.. They were as bad ass AD.
    Bird isn't going anywhere, he JUST signed that contract. JR is more likely but since it will be a contract year, I expect him to put up big numbers and just sign with another team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    Nuggets lack character as a team. Their problem is not talent, it's character. They lost their coach and Billups did not pull them together and lead them as he should have, being the Veteran and team captain.
    that is a lot of responsibility for just one person, I mean if you have players like Kenyon Martin, JR Smith and even Anthony who has been involved in a couple of altercations you will need a strong veteran leadership core to back that up. Billups can only do so much, the responsibility should really be on Carmelo to assume that leader of the team position, especially at this point in his career. I don't know what it is about

Carmelo but he always seems lackadaisical out there on the court, even when he is dropping 30/7/3 type numbers. A lot of people say that Melo is the smoothest scorer if not player in the league but i disagree. I think people assume that his game is smooth because it seems like he exerts very little energy when he goes off for numbers like that. It's like he is constantly trying to save his legs or stamina until the playoffs but his style of play is nearly identical in the playoffs compared to the regular season. I don't catch as many nuggets games as I should but I seriously don't remember the last time i've seen him dive for a loose ball, even in the last couple of playoff years.

now i know it sounds like im a whinny B*tch, but its hard to win if everyone is missing time and the refs don't respect you for sh!t
    a lot of the ref reaction has to do with how the players behave towards them. That's why the refs don't take anything Sheed takes seriously anymore and it's gotten to a point where Sheed will almost refuse to go to his deep post game because he knows the refs won't call any fouls in his favor.
    Last edited by BlueandGold; 05-01-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_BAD_TIGER
    Didn't Melo have 12 rebounds and 5 assists? He's never going to be a good defender because the ref's won't let he play close defense without calling a foul, and what good is it to have your best scorer siting on the bench in foul trouble? Come on, the hate some of you guys throw at Melo is silly. He's not the best player in the league but he's near the top.
    I would say a lot of the stuff directed at Melo's defense is fairly accurate. It's definitely mediocre at best and he is lacking in a handful of different defensive skill sets like help defense, blind side blocks and transition D.

I rule the local playground

I seriously think they may have been better off if Dantley had just stayed home. Same leader as coach he was as a player.

Im going to say it was coaching. George Karl wouldnt have let it happen. On the flipside, the experience gained by the Dantly is gonna pay off for him in his career in the long run (even if he did lose with a vastly superior team).

Back on topic....

Unless Denver makes some drastic moves this offseason and gets better defensively, I see Melo leaving. This year was a disappointment to me because I honestly thought Denver would make the WCF. Problem is, I can't really see him fitting on a contender.

This message is hidden because Samurai Swoosh is on your ignore list.

It was inevitable.

I honestly believe they need to make moves to be a more defensive team. And they really need to ship JR Smith. That kid is too much of a headcase for that squad. They need more reliable scoring off the bench, and better "glue guys".

Learning to shoot layups BirdNasty's Avatar

Lakers got a free pass here. No way the Jazz beat a healthy Nuggets team. The team and their fans got to enjoy a first round win(its about time), and now they can get swept by the Lakers.

First and foremost, Nuggets need to find what they are going to do about a coach, then start adding and subtracting players