Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Favorite season for your team?

For me it's either...

1991:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QSxhGLpoZVo

2007:

LeBron stans I guess you could just list your favorite LeBron season or something...

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Favorite season for your team?

12 Heat
    13 Heat
    09 Cavs
    10 Cavs

in that order. I suspect 15 Cavs to rank near the top

2006. It was Miami's first title season and that was always the most special to me.

2003-04

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Seriously though: 2001 Raptors..that Carter 50 point game is my favorite game in franchise history as well...

Very good NBA starter

As a Spurs fan , 1999 and 2005

Twin Towers, Avery, Elliott, and San Antonio gets their first championship, and 2005 was one of the sickest playoff runs, ending with two of the best defensive teams and coaches of this era facing off (Spurs/Pop vs. Pistons/Larry Brown). Manu and Bowen really carving their names out in the history books, as well as The Big Fundamental (who dropped 27 ppg & 14 rpg on the #1 seeded Suns).

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac

Twin Towers, Avery, Elliott, and San Antonio gets their first championship, and 2005 was one of the sickest playoff runs, ending with two of the best defensive teams and coaches of this era facing off (Spurs/Pop vs. Pistons/Larry Brown). Manu and Bowen really carving their names out in the history books, as well as The Big Fundamental (who dropped 27 ppg & 14 rpg on the #1 seeded Suns).

I wish that would have been a better finals though. The first four games were blowouts and only game five had a memorable finish. Both teams were exhausted by the end of that series.

05 for me too.

04 ****ing crushed me. I honestly thought 03 buried the Lakers, but they come back next year and beat us. I had really given up on Parker at this point too (I'd go as far as saying he sucked in every one of his first three postseasons). Then we win it all in what was the most entertaining Finals I've ever witnessed. Manu became a star.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    I wish that would have been a better finals though. The first four games were blowouts and only game five had a memorable finish. Both teams were exhausted by the end of that series.
    Two strong teams trading heavy blows, it happens. Many fans weren't fond of the low scoring matches. Certainly the second half, and 4th quarter, of Game 7 was amazing to watch for a Spurs fan. The score was tied going into the 4th quarter of Game 7, and not many series are that close, despite the blowouts. Very evenly matched teams.

Very good NBA starter

Honorable mention to 2014. Obviously beating the Heat was sweet. And Duncan, Manu, Parker, and Pop getting yet another ring in amazing fashion. Redemption style

Rockets: 93-94 season

We won our 1st championship. Our team went 58-34. Hakeem won MVP & DPOY. Just a really good year for the team.

I would have to say 2012. Bran dominating the post season despite being doubted every step of the way. His team falls behind 2-1 against Indiana after the Bosh injury, and haters like Mike Wilbon and Jon Barry come out of the woodwork and start asking if Lebron deserves a pass because of Bosh's injury. That's how little faith people had in Lebron, they were basically declaring the series over after a 2-1 deficit. Then Bron RESPONDS with 40/18/9! Then there was game 6 against Boston where he shit on an entire city's dreams, saving Spo's job and the big 3 in the process. Then to top it all off by dominating KD and the Thunder as the underdog?!

"Three time MVP of the Finals. That's pretty select company - Magic, Jordan, Shaq, and now you."

Cemented his place in NBA history.

Two strong teams trading heavy blows, it happens. Many fans weren't fond of the low scoring matches. Certainly the second half, and 4th quarter, of Game 7 was amazing to watch for a Spurs fan. The score was tied going into the 4th quarter of Game 7, and not many series are that close, despite the blowouts. Very evenly matched teams.
    If the Fisher shot doesn't go in in 2004, and the Spurs make the Finals against Detroit, who wins?

No doubt in my mind. While 01 was good too, I believe the fans really rallied behind this 14 squad.