Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Kevin Durant vs Larry Bird

. The thing your forgetting is Bird was an excellent play maker and seemed to have a knack for knowing where his teammates would be. He was a great passer and had a 2:1 AST/TO ratio. Durant is nowhere near Bird's play making level. Sure, maybe KD can score more, but Bird was a much better rebounder and a much better playmaker.

Needless to say, Bird>>>Durant.

Good High School Starter Celtic_Pride's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHEWOqdyTg

In the 1st 3 point contest at an ASG, Bird says "I am just looking to see who is gonna finish 2nd"

Damn..is there anyone in the league today who can do that?

How about Durant who is supposed to be a better shooter than Larry?

Serious playground baller General's Avatar

People were saying Durant was going to be top 5 player all time

22 year old Kobe> 23 year old Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Bird`s Last Season at Age 35 in 1992 Averaged 9.6 RPG...Thats Better than Durant in his Prime
    I think it's dumb just throw stats of two players of totally different periods and make a comparison only upon this.

No matter if I like Durant, let's not start overrating him.

Not even taking careers into account, while the gap between Durant and Bird's scoring is wide (Bird could somewhat be contained, Durant could probably score 30 points on a great percentage with his eyes closed) the gap between Bird and Durant in rebounding, passing, toughness, and intangibles is even wider.

At this stage in his development Durant is closer to a Dirk/Gervin/Allen hybrid than to Bird.

In terms of being the best shooter-scorer SF in the world, ability to play SG and PF, clutch, and a great rebounder in one, they compare favorably. Also Durant is a gym rat and his passing has improved. Bird is likely the greatest passing forward of all time, but I could see Durant having Bird-esque seasons of 27 points, 9-10 rebounds, and 6 assists. I think Durant's game is a mix of T-Mac, Gervin, and YES Larry Bird. And in terms of being an epic shooter, smooth, and great handles, a bigger version of Ray Allen. But numbers wise, I think KD's upside is closest to Bird. U could say peak wise that Bron, Bird, Dr. J and Durant are the top four SF's of all time as we speak. And GOAT wise, I think Durant will join those icons in the top four as well. All four TOTALLY revolutionized the sport!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    In terms of being the best shooter-scorer SF in the world, ability to play SG and PF, clutch, and a great rebounder in one, they compare favorably. Also Durant is a gym rat and his passing has improved. Bird is likely the greatest passing forward of all time, but I could see Durant having Bird-esque seasons of 27 points, 9-10 rebounds, and 6 assists. I think Durant's game is a mix of T-Mac, Gervin, and YES Larry Bird. And in terms of being an epic shooter, smooth, and great handles, a bigger version of Ray Allen. But numbers wise, I think KD's upside is closest to Bird. U could say peak wise that Bron, Bird, Dr. J and Durant are the top four SF's of all time as we speak. And GOAT wise, I think Durant will join those icons in the top four as well. All four TOTALLY revolutionized the sport!
    Agreed dude, Durant really is the greatest player of all-time.

Decent playground baller

This thread was made in 2012?

Durant is a "gym rat". WTF?

Banned

Bird would send Durant's ass home crying smh hows this even a comparision?

Durant is in the George Gervin range of player

3-time NBA All-Star

its like saying bran is better than Jordan or Iverson better than miller. But at the end of the day, players like Durant who modeled his game after Jordan instead of a cancerous player in Robertson, will have more impact and thus rings at the end of his career. Too bad he has a Robertson type of teammate

Banned

I think Durant's game is a mix of T-Mac, Gervin, and YES Larry Bird.
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    But at the end of the day, players like Durant who modeled his game after Jordan instead of a cancerous player in Robertson, will have more impact and thus rings at the end of his career. Too bad he has a Robertson type of teammate
    he modelled his game after bird

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ility/1748853/