Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Default Re: The League needs a Fresh Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    Much like Lebron being 1/9 without Kyrie and Ray allen hitting game winning finals shots that he could never demonstrate doing? 0/5 in finals game winners. At least Kobe has an excuse. He's hit 2 game winning/tying shots in the finals both resulting in wins for his team. MJ has what, 4 finals game winners?

Why was Kobe so good that he only lost 2 finals? Why did Lebron lose 3x as many finals?
    Did you just create a made up stat? Mental illness alert yikes

Here is a stat that is NOT made up:

Pre Pippen Jordan was 1-9 with 3x 1st round exits
    yikes

Good thing someone saved his career or he wouldve been another Carmelo with a bunch of points and 1st round exits collected

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    /thread
    Yep They cant hide from Jordans 1-9 stain no matter how many dunk videos they YouTube of MJ dunking on Hornacek

[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Pippen wasn

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

pound the ball on the perimeter as the shotclock drains while 4 players stand around waiting for a bullet bailout pass

Very good NBA starter

I'm sorry but why are people debating on Bron and MJ when this post is clearly talking about the need for a fresh new superstar 2019 beyond.

I think the NBA is going to be in a weird spot for 5-6 years. Curry has the outside chance to be the face but the NBA tends to put marketing dollars and stuff into young phenoms.

Hence why I disqualify Harden, Curry, KD, and any super star nearing 30.

Bigs don't look like they will be handed the throne despite great talents in Embiid, AD, Jokic..

Honestly, NBA is praying for Zion Williamson to have at least a Blake Griffin type excitement to the game. Longevity is key.

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay
    Did you just create a made up stat? Mental illness alert yikes

Here is a stat that is NOT made up:

Pre Pippen Jordan was 1-9 with 3x 1st round exits
    yikes

Good thing someone saved his career or he wouldve been another Carmelo with a bunch of points and 1st round exits collected
    Jordans first 3 seasons made it to the Playoffs, LeBron didn't even make the playoffs his first 2 seasons.
    For Jodan there were players in his team with known drug addictions and in Jordans second season he missed the majority of it with a broken foot.

Anyways back on topic, MJ was one of a kind, we maybe old men before we see an individual talented enough to surpass him.

Quote Originally Posted by brutalBBQ
    Jordans first 3 seasons made it to the Playoffs, LeBron didn't even make the playoffs his first 2 seasons.
    For Jodan there were players in his team with known drug addictions and in Jordans second season he missed the majority of it with a broken foot.

Anyways back on topic, MJ was one of a kind, we maybe old men before we see an individual talented enough to surpass him.
    Wait... running away to multiple top 5-10 PER players in the league and throwing visible tantrums on the court demanding mid season overhauls every single season crying for moar halp doesn't make someone the GOAT?

.....Le...GOAT

Good college starter

Best prospects I see currently are Doncic and Embiid. Downside is they aren't American American. Maybe Zion. Giannis and Davis don't do it for me but I'm willing to be surprised if they can develop further.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit
    Best prospects I see currently are Doncic and Embiid. Downside is they aren't American American. Maybe Zion. Giannis and Davis don't do it for me but I'm willing to be surprised if they can develop further.

Knowing the NBA, I just don't see Embiid Giannis or Davis being the face. They are going to want a guy who's a bondafide superstar between 19-24 that gains attention outside basketball.

Doncic isn't american but he relates to a demographic. he has a game where he can have the ball in his hands a lot and make huge plays.

Ultimately I think the face of the NBA isn't in the league yet.