Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default Dallas are the perfect example of "You do not change a winning formula"

I know Tyson Chandler is expensive but still when you win you just don't change that formula that made you successful. Marc Cuban = Fail

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Mirko Cro Cop's Avatar

Default Re: Dallas are the perfect example of "You do not change a winning formula"

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    I know Tyson Chandler is expensive but still when you win you just don't change that formula that made you successful. Marc Cuban = Fail
    It's not like it was just Chandler that would have made all the difference, Barea was our speed and pretty much the only weapon we had to really attack the paint, which we were using to kill the Lakers and the Heat. That along with a list full of other anomaly's such like Stevenson coming off the bench, etc.

Default Re: Dallas are the perfect example of "You do not change a winning formula"

Bet you won't be thinking the same if Dallas nab a big name free agent like deron Williams this summer. This year was never about winning for Dallas.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Bet you won't be thinking the same if Dallas nab a big name free agent like deron Williams this summer. This year was never about winning for Dallas.
    And if they don't, Dirk will suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    D-Will is staying in Brooklyn Dwight is joining him and Crapmelo CanNotWin

2006 heat are the perfect example of why you should change a winning formula.

Where does that leave us?

Changes are necessary. Teams around your team are improving and reloading to beat your so called "formula" of winning.

That Cuban move to not sign Chandler is a preparation for the Mavs to sign another superstar player and it will be good for them in a long term basis.

Very good NBA starter

Steve Kerr basically said that Cuban saw a team that was getting older, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd are going to be free agents and both have said they will not play for the vet minimum.

Haywood is 31 and really more a back up...
    Marion is like the 9th wonder of the world, 33 but still cat like reflexes...

They have a lot of capspace and I think you see him really push for Williams, and build young talent to prolong Dirks career and winning.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

I still believe it was the right move by Cuban. Even for Dirk, it's the best thing to do. Yeah, he "lost" a year, but he'll still be a superstar for another 2-3 years, and next season he will have a much better and, more importantly younger cast.
    What hurts much more is that we had the chance to win this series. Not that this means we would have defended our title, but.. . Meh.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Jesus Christ.

The Mavs could have brought everyone back and still would have been the 4th or 5th best team in the league.

Do people forget so quickly how they won the title last year? It was in improbable fashion. With Dirk going nuts in every close game....playing out of his mind in the most clutch run perhaps the game has ever seen. It was Terry and Marion and Kidd playing out of their minds as well.

The likelihood of doing that all again? Against improved teams like the Lakers, Thunder, and Spurs? Not to mention the Clippers and Grizzlies....

Not likely at all.

Cuban and Don Nelson Jr. made all the right moves.

Not to mention this team is missing a huge piece still. Odom. This team is missing the player we signed to be our 2nd best guy at the beginning of the year. This team would be much better with a guy like Odom producing well. And that is what we thought we were getting.

You just can't ignore that when the line between winning and losing can be so fragile.

But even then, the chances of the Mavs winning the title again would have been extremely small even with Chandler back. And that is all this franchise cares about with Dirk....winning it.

The best course of action was to do our best this year and try to make another run...and then overhaul this old ass team in the off season.

Not complicated at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    2006 heat are the perfect example of why you should change a winning formula.

Where does that leave us?
    Actually it isn't.

They didn't make it to the finals coz of injuries in 2005. 2005 Heat was the best non-championship team in 2000s right after 2002 Kings. They didn't change their formula and they won in 2006.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Jesus Christ.

The Mavs could have brought everyone back and still would have been the 4th or 5th best team in the league.

Do people forget so quickly how they won the title last year? It was in improbable fashion. With Dirk going nuts in every close game....playing out of his mind in the most clutch run perhaps the game has ever seen. It was Terry and Marion and Kidd playing out of their minds as well.

The likelihood of doing that all again? Against improved teams like the Lakers, Thunder, and Spurs? Not to mention the Clippers and Grizzlies....

Not likely at all.

Cuban and Don Nelson Jr. made all the right moves.

Not to mention this team is missing a huge piece still. Odom. This team is missing the player we signed to be our 2nd best guy at the beginning of the year. This team would be much better with a guy like Odom producing well. And that is what we thought we were getting.

You just can't ignore that when the line between winning and losing can be so fragile.

But even then, the chances of the Mavs winning the title again would have been extremely small even with Chandler back. And that is all this franchise cares about with Dirk....winning it.

The best course of action was to do our best this year and try to make another run...and then overhaul this old ass team in the off season.

Not complicated at all...
    so you are saying that last years championship was a fluke?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    so you are saying that last years championship was a fluke?
    How do you define "fluke"? If you define it as unlikely to happen again and improbable? Then yes.

If you define it as they got lucky and didn't deserve it...with negative connotations...then no.

The Mavs were 20 to 1 to win the title last year. I'd call it unlikely or improbable.

It just never ceases to amaze me how its somehow a negative that a team wins as a huge underdog and then people want to turn it into a negative.

The plan is going to blow up in his face when the best free agents all return to their teams. They might get Nash, but Nash and Dirk are not winning a title.

Any ways I really hope JKidd doesn't retire. I love that man.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    Any ways I really hope JKidd doesn't retire. I love that man.
    He said he has one more year he would like to play. He also said that his final year will be spent backing up Deron Williams. Either in Brooklyn or Dallas.