Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Pistons 2017 Off Season Moves

14 FA's the Pistons can still sign.

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/...o-their-roster

Here's how we get past Cleveland lol.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

I actually wouldn't mind Beasley off our bench. I think he could play as a combo forward and be some instant offense. He can get buckets in lots of different ways. He appeals to me the most on this list.

NBA lottery pick

I think you and I have agreed on Beasley for a number of years now. I'm not sure why he hasn't been a solid rotation guy for a team yet. If he got starter minutes he would for sure put up over 20ppg. No doubt he's instant offense. For a league that loves wing players he sure doesn't get much of a chance anymore. Whenever he gets in the game he produces.

NBA lottery pick

I guess Reggie is going to be back.

[QUOTE]Shams Charania: Free agent Reggie Bullock has agreed to a two-year, $5M deal to re-sign with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell The Vertical.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    14 FA's the Pistons can still sign.

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2017/...o-their-roster

Here's how we get past Cleveland lol.
    shoot me.

So we ended up going with Tolliver!

Let's be honest, these final roster spots are unlikely to get game time. So in that case Tolliver makes the most sense.

He is an elite locker room guy - great team and chemistry man. Will set a good professional example for our young players. Having someone like that as your 11th or 12th man is valuable. He would already have the respect of most of our squad and staff from the time he was with out before.

p.s The reason why not many teams give Beasley any thought even though he has obvious talent is that he just be such a menace on the team. He never looks interested. Probably does more damage than good being on a squad

NBA lottery pick

I just read a report that Detroit was talking to New Orleans about trading Jackson for Etawn Moore and Alex Ajinca. Apparently NO thinks Jackson and Holiday can play together. Horrible return for the Pistons. Again SVG does not know what he's doing when it comes to roster moves. Trade those players for a pick of some kind. Get young assets if you wanna go full tank mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    So we ended up going with Tolliver!

Let's be honest, these final roster spots are unlikely to get game time. So in that case Tolliver makes the most sense.

He is an elite locker room guy - great team and chemistry man. Will set a good professional example for our young players. Having someone like that as your 11th or 12th man is valuable. He would already have the respect of most of our squad and staff from the time he was with out before.

p.s The reason why not many teams give Beasley any thought even though he has obvious talent is that he just be such a menace on the team. He never looks interested. Probably does more damage than good being on a squad
    I swear we had the same dude with the same cast. The funny thing about the article you posted was that 1/4 of the players listed were former Detroit Pistons players 2-3 years ago. We've had these good examples in the locker room, but these good guys aren't winning guys. We need good winning guys to show these kids how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I just read a report that Detroit was talking to New Orleans about trading Jackson for Etawn Moore and Alex Ajinca. Apparently NO thinks Jackson and Holiday can play together. Horrible return for the Pistons. Again SVG does not know what he's doing when it comes to roster moves. Trade those players for a pick of some kind. Get young assets if you wanna go full tank mode.
    I vomited in my mouth when I read that release yesterday.

I am aware we need good winning guys, but when giving out a 3 mill deal, I think Tolliver ticks as many boxes as you can hope for in that scenario. This signing was to be no more than an 11th or 12th man on a roster, and I think Tolliver is one of the better 11th or 12th men in the league to have on a team.

I am purely looking at this move in isolation irrespective of the rest of the team / issues. We made the correct choice

NBA lottery pick

The Pistons signed Landry Nnoko. This off season just keeps getting better. Man it's going to be nice being back in the finals!

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/4d5ad6c3-...an-landry.html

Well since only roughly 4 teams have a chance of winning the finals for the next 6 years, I'm okay with mediocre play for this time period and hopefully everyone hits their prime when James, Curry and Durant retire.

But, then we have Philly and LA to contend with. Maybe I should start watching hockey again.

NBA lottery pick

That's part of my point. At least if we were accumulating young talent we would have something to look forward to. If we had landed a few top 5 picks there would be something to be excited about in the future. Right now we have a lot of young guys that there just isn't anything exciting about.... I'd much rather play the rookies, lose a few more games, and then have a chance at a top pick so we can get someone who we can actually build around.

Well Stanley was more highly regarded than Kawhi,

Kennard was more highly regarded than Klay,

Ellenson was a lot more regarded than Jokic

So if you add a prime Kawhi, a prime Jokic and prime Klay to this team, we are in pretty damn good shape, right?....

NBA lottery pick

Lol, that's one way to look at it. Maybe Stanley finally has an outside shot and steps it up. Kawhi didn't have a shot when he came to the league. Something tells me Leonard worked harder at it though....

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Well Stanley was more highly regarded than Kawhi,

Kennard was more highly regarded than Klay,

Ellenson was a lot more regarded than Jokic

So if you add a prime Kawhi, a prime Jokic and prime Klay to this team, we are in pretty damn good shape, right?....
    hahahahahaha. WE IN GUYS! JUMP ON THE CHAMPIONSHIP TRAIN!