Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default Re: Metal appreciation thread

I forgot about opeth and children of bodom.

Children of bodom could mess around and do stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K84j7CJIUKU&feature=kp

Listened to Rust in Peace in full for the first time in a while. So ****ing good.

Nightwish has some of the best Symphonic Metal i've ever heard, and some amazing "normal" metal songs too. Oh, their female vocalist has one of the best voices in the genre.

Symphonic M:

Ghost Love Score - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN3yqMr3ffY

Ever Dream - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lntHQqfGXt8

"Normal" M:

Crownless - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYoBTmS6GTg

Sacrament of Wilderness - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLWv8ZeDYX4

Saw Mastodon in concert yesterday at the Soundwave Festival. Blood and Thunder may be one of the best songs live ever.

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Saw Mastodon in concert yesterday at the Soundwave Festival. Blood and Thunder may be one of the best songs live ever.
    They are so underrated. They could've easily been as big as Megadeth or Slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Listened to Rust in Peace in full for the first time in a while. So ****ing good.
    I love that album. Between Rust in Peace and Peace Sells I would say that Megadeth was a slight hair above Metallica in musical technicality.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

[COLOR="White"]Jokes man.. jokes!!![/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923

[COLOR="White"]Jokes man.. jokes!!![/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    Lucky ****er.

My teenage years...

Now I very rarely listen to metal

Ever listened to Cacophony?

Rust in Peace!

I really like Cowboys from Hell (the album and song) by Pantera. Also good on As I Am by Dream Theater, that album is great. Also Blackwater Park by Opeth is excellent.

Also:

Stephen Curry Comes Out as First Openly “Metal” NBA Player
    Posted: June 13, 2013 in Uncategorized
    Tags: Andrew Bogut, Davidson, Golden State Warriors, Heavy Metal, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Slayer, Stephen A Smith, Stephen Curry, Venom 5
    Heavy Metal activists around the world are celebrating today, as STEPHEN CURRY came out as the first openly “Metal” basketball player. Music Rights organizations are praising Curry’s willingness to proclaim himself a disciple of a form of music and lifestyle, even though it may possibly draw the ire of his opponents and teammates alike.

Curry said that he first realized he may be metal at the age of eleven, in 1997. He chuckles now, as he remembers, “I would say I had more metal tendencies than anything else at that time…I mean, I liked KORN, LIMP BIZKIT, that sort of nu-metal, poser crap. I’ll admit that I was confused. I mean, our culture teaches us that loving hip-hop is the only acceptable answer. Dude’s always be quoting Deuteronomy. But I had mixed feelings.” Curry went on to say that the following year he heard SLAYER for the first time and knew deep inside himself who he was. “From then on, I knew being metal was me. I immersed myself into the music, devouring the back catalogues of obscure German thrash metal bands much in the same way I would a playbook.”

Curry will admit that the pressure he faced living a double life wasn’t always easy. Basketball’s hip-hop culture had no place for VENOM or SOILENT GREEN. For years Curry pretended to go along with the crowd, all the while he secretly head banged on the inside. “I had some really close calls,” admits Curry. “My first year in the league, we were playing against the Knicks and after the game, someone saw me coming out of Duff’s, an openly metal bar. I made up a quick excuse about my girlfriend working there, but I sweated it out for weeks. I had to really blast the T-PAIN for a month after that.”

But, why come out now? Curry says that as a young athlete with a lot of influence, he feels a need to be an inspiration to others who are metal around the world. He also added that “if I had to play another ****ing DRAKE song in the locker room, I was going to lose it. You’re a rich kid from Toronto! You started at the damn top!”

While most teammates and sports journalists have been accepting of Curry’s announcement, a few have expressed concern. ANDREW BOGUT, Curry’s Golden State teammate has said that it may be difficult sharing a locker room with someone who is metal. “I mean, I’m cool with it and all,” said Bogut, “but just don’t be in my face about. Don’t try and make me listen to ROB ZOMBIE or something.” ESPN chattermouth STEPHEN A. SMITH has also been critical of Curry’s announcement, saying “why can’t this young man just fall in line with the values of hip-hop? Can you imagine how his parents feel? I mean, a mother expects her son to warm up to something like “Bitches Ain’t Shit,” not some derogatory satanic music.”

Curry has remained steadfast, despite the criticism. He has already planned to mosh at the Wacken Open Air Festival this summer. He has also announced that he will wear corpse paint during all home games this year. He is confident that his announcement will break down any remaining barriers in professional sports and that one day metal heads around the world will receive universal acceptance.

http://blubbermouthmetal.net/2013/06...al-nba-player/

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

all bow down to the gods of metal! Dethklok!!!! http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=VFURd_EOIuU
    Last edited by El Gato Negro; 03-03-2014 at 04:42 AM.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar
    Last edited by El Gato Negro; 03-03-2014 at 05:03 AM.

Krust Kingz