Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516
    (-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

Default Re: Greatest single-game performance in the history of the 00s era

Shaq's 44 points, 21 rebounds, 4 assists, 7 blocks, 17-32 FG-FGA vs. SAC in Game 1 of the 2001 Western Conference Semifinals.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Can anyone really take this person seriously after a comment like this?

I mean seriously?
    Why not?

Allen Iverson, LeBron James, and Kobe Bryant are all much, MUCH better players than Bill Russell ever was.

Bill Russell was simply a one-dimensional Marcus Camby clone who won 11 titles because he had some sorry-ass competition.

Put Bill Russell in today's league? You get a shorter/worse version of Marcus Camby.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Im sorry, but that whole "era vs era" argument is truely the dumbest any fan has ever brought up.

Who came up with that point of view on sports?

So by this logic, and theory, a player that averages 10 pts today, could average 30 pts in the 60s?

You have to realize, that era to era, players played how they played for their era. You cannot compare the two, because it isnt reality.

Kobe would have played like a player in the 60s, with 1960s technology, shoes, and conditioning.

Wilt in todays game, would be awesome, with todays tech, shoes, and conditioning.

Why bring up a point, that has no meaning whatsoever? Its a stupid argument that only stupid people entertain.

Single greatest performance, in a game....era doesnt matter. Again....youre asking about the performance, in a game, by a professional basketball player.

How hard is this to grasp?

edit to add: the "era vs era" thing has ruined, and downplayed spectacular performances, and players in this game. Its silly, and SHOULD hold no real weight in a discussion of all time greats.

this post needs to be put at the start of every "weak era" related thread as it is 100% truth. but if the idiots of this board could actually comprehend the logic here the actual number of posts on this forum would probably drop by 40%. such is the stupidity of most people on this board when discussing the greats and what they acomplished, it has almost become acceptable to say (any average player today) is far better than (any alltime great player from pre 2000) because of era.

this guy stiff 1 aka bulls/2333/5325 is one of those morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiff #1
    If only I knew who you were, or that you even existed...

But you'll always know who I am.

spot on. i will always know who you are because you are the only person on this board capable of this level of stupidity and dellusion.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Sneak's Avatar

81 in 4 quarters = 33 more points than 48 in 6 quarters.
    6 Quarters? Really?

Wow, I'm lost for words.

And this wasn't even close to be the most stupid thing you've written in this thread.

Banned

Shaq's 60/20, but his single game in the finals where he had 40/20 was the most impressive out of all of them imo.

LMFAO at bringing up Bill Russell's OVERRATED ass!!!

Bill Russell played in a sh!tty era full of Caucasian midgets who moved like overfed elephants and had 10-inch verticals.

Bill Russell would be a scrub in the 80s, 90s and today's era.

Jordan, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, Hakeem, Drexler, Bird, Magic, Isiah, Wade = elite scorers = NBA champions.

The goal of this game is to score... period.
    Give it up man. You are the minority not just on this forum, but among all people who watch basketball.

NO ONE has "forgotten" Wilt or Russell. Any reputable person has both of them in their top 5 of all time.

Kobe doesn't belong in the same sentence as Jordan. It really is absolutely ridiculous how LITTLE one person can know about ball and make 20+ posts a day with extreme confidence of pure bull****. It's amazing man, you deserve a prize. Seriously.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    Give it up man. You are the minority not just on this forum, but among all people who watch basketball.

NO ONE has "forgotten" Wilt or Russell. Any reputable person has both of them in their top 5 of all time.

Kobe doesn't belong in the same sentence as Jordan. It really is absolutely ridiculous how LITTLE one person can know about ball and make 20+ posts a day with extreme confidence of pure bull****. It's amazing man, you deserve a prize. Seriously.
    Trust me... today or tomorrow will be my last day posting here. Then it will be another 2 months before I even decide to read a thread on this forum. The reason I post here? Because I just broke my leg. Don't think I normally waste my time on you guys.

Now to your point... it's an absolute joke that you have Bill ****ing Russell in your top 5 all-time. If Bill Russell is top 5 all-time, guys like Kobe Bryant, Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, etc. are basketball demigods. Russell stinks compared to all of those three I just mentioned.

I never said Kobe was as good or ever will be as good as Jordan. All I said was that he's clearly top 10 all-time and a much better player than Bill Russell.

It's all Turkododo do! BallPhunk's Avatar

The Celtics won't win because their best player is a fatty and Garnett is on the decline.
    Nutty troll as he may be, he makes me laugh sometimes...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    You are a moron.
    Fixed.

Everything I've read in this thread thus far from this guy is "Shaq/Kobe Lakers was the best" worship.

Not stat-wise but game wise this is the most impressive and crazy oen so far this season:

Dwyane Wade: I waxed poetic about Wade's amazing game at By The Horns, but now I'm gonna vent. What the hell? Seriously, what the hell?! The Bulls played one of their best games of the season, but Wade went all God Mode on them, scoring 48 points on 15-for-21 from the field [!!] and 5-for-6 from downtown [!!!]. And let's talk about those threes. One was a 32-footer to beat the halftime buzzer. One tied the game with 11.5 seconds left in regulation to force overtime. And his final triple -- which came off a steal that robbed the Bulls of their final possession and a chance to win it at the end of the second overtime -- was a crazy running lightning bolt of a buzzer beat that won the game. This wasn't just crazy, it was crazy-insane. Seriously.
    http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/