Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default The Recovery Time for a Meniscus Repair:

http://www.orthop.washington.edu/?q=...us-repair.html

Physical therapy is useful to regain full function of the knee, which occurs on average 4-5 months after surgery.
    Russell Westbrook + meniscus tear + surgery + loose stitch failure + another surgery to correct the loose stitch = return in 6 months.

Derrick Rose + meniscus tear + surgery + no problems = ???

When will Derrick Rose return? Following the timetable set out by doctors he should be back right about now. Lets say he's playing it safe. Do you think he will return during the playoffs? And if not does he deserve criticism for sitting out in the playoffs two years in a row while being medically cleared to play?

Default Re: The Recovery Time for a Meniscus Repair:

This is a weak ass troll man. You're better than that.

when trolling make sure you pick a player who still has fans.

otherwise no jimmies will be rustled.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    This is a weak ass troll man. You're better than that.
    Not even trolling tbh.

Seriously wondering why Derrick Rose isn't getting more backlash for straight up refusing to play in the playoffs when by all accounts, he should be ready to go. Last year he was medically cleared to play after the all star break and didn't even play in the playoffs. This year he's pulling the same shit again and no one cares.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by buddha

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

If Rose had just been injured right now like Westbrook was last season and could return at the beginning of next season with a full season to shake off rust then I could see your point.

But this is a different scenario. He injured himself at the beginning of this season and wouldn't be ready to come back until the playoffs. It would make absolutely no sense for him to come back when the Bulls even with Rose are not legit contenders. You don't come back during the playoffs and try and shake off rust.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by buddha

otherwise no jimmies will be rustled.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    If Rose had just been injured right now like Westbrook was last season and could return at the beginning of next season with a full season to shake off rust then I could see your point.

But this is a different scenario. He injured himself at the beginning of this season and wouldn't be ready to come back until the playoffs. It would make absolutely no sense for him to come back when the Bulls even with Rose are not legit contenders. You don't come back during the playoffs and try and shake off rust.
    Yeah, he just needs to wait until the preseason next year to shake off the rust playing 30MPG vs 2nd units again

Wonder if we'll hear Thibs say he looks 100% just days after they get eliminated from the playoffs like last time

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Not even trolling tbh.

Seriously wondering why Derrick Rose isn't getting more backlash for straight up refusing to play in the playoffs when by all accounts, he should be ready to go. Last year he was medically cleared to play after the all star break and didn't even play in the playoffs. This year he's pulling the same shit again and no one cares.
    Because he's injured, it's his knees and real life. It's not 2K14 where the only consequence is being a rating 72 instead of 88.

You seriously think Rose isn't playing just because he doesn't want to?

I'm a Chicago guy, and it's pretty obvious Rose is never going to be the same. I'm not expecting much. Don't even really care if he comes back now. Those knees are super fragile, even given his prior insane durability, and athletic ability. Something just went from in that 2012 season. Started missing all kinds of games, and was never the same. Then the ACL tear.

Banned

Because every persons body is different and this is his life

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    http://www.orthop.washington.edu/?q=...us-repair.html

Russell Westbrook + meniscus tear + surgery + loose stitch failure + another surgery to correct the loose stitch = return in 6 months.

Derrick Rose + meniscus tear + surgery + no problems = ???

When will Derrick Rose return? Following the timetable set out by doctors he should be back right about now. Lets say he's playing it safe. Do you think he will return during the playoffs? And if not does he deserve criticism for sitting out in the playoffs two years in a row while being medically cleared to play?
    A meniscus tear after and ACL is a whole different reality with athletes.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    A meniscus tear after and ACL is a whole different reality with athletes.
    I thought he got his ACL repaired?

D-Rose might be this generation's Grant Hill. With all the talent he have, he's plague by injuries. I don't think he will be the same again although hopes he returns to his 2011 form or better. He's one of the most exciting players in the league to watch.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I'm a Chicago guy, and it's pretty obvious Rose is never going to be the same. I'm not expecting much. Don't even really care if he comes back now. Those knees are super fragile, even given his prior insane durability, and athletic ability. Something just went from in that 2012 season. Started missing all kinds of games, and was never the same. Then the ACL tear.
    I loved watching Rose play, just sucks seeing him sit out the playoffs like last year when he was reportedly cleared to play after the all star break.

Maybe he's scared shitless Thibs would throw him out there with 40 minutes his first game back. Maybe the management is refusing to let him play. I don't know.

I just feel like those who play through pain and don't sit out longer than they need to when recovering from an injury typically get less injuries. The mentality plays a big part in it.