Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Has DeAndre Jordan snuck into your top 10 C's this year? top 6 pushing it?

Hes been fantastic under Doc Rivers. on the season, hes putting up 10 ppg/14 rebounds/ 2.5 blocks on 66% from the field with a career best 36 mins per game.

last month (11 games), he put up 13/13/3 blocks on 75% from the field. his free throws will always be an issue, but hack a DJ hasnt been a go to strategy for opposing teams this year as much as it had been in the past.

DJ has a pretty decent low post game, and some nice go to moves hes showcased in the past. His offense isnt needed as much for this clippers team, but if he was given more touches down low, one would think he would be able to produce with them at a fairly consistent clip

i think his biggest improvement under Doc has been his defense. its just smarter than it has been in any of his previous years. hes controlling his blocks more by keeping them in play. he also seems to be maturing more and more, and with his amazing athleticism, hes bound to have a very fruitful career with DPotY potential.

ive never really been a fan of his for many reasons, but i cant deny DJ this season. hes much improved and has made clippers an even more entertaining team for me
    Last edited by Levity; 03-05-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Default Re: Has DeAndre Jordan snuck into your top 10 C's this year? top 6 pushing it?

I think he could average Dwight numbers if he had the chance. I always thought he was as good as Dwight

Default Re: Has DeAndre Jordan snuck into your top 10 C's this year? top 6 pushing it?

There aren't even 10 good C's in the league.

There's like 6. So yeah he makes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    I think he could average Dwight numbers if he had the chance. I always thought he was as good as Dwight
    ive always felt their athleticism was comparable. DJ's biggest nemesis was his low basketball IQ, mainly due to youth, in my opinion. however, that seems to be changing with every game. Ive also recently wondered what kind of numbers he could put up if he was a center piece on a team surrounded by shooters. i think his rebound average would sky rocket

Has his b-ball IQ been improved since this season?

I'd put him right next to Tyson Chandler. Hes that good now. and his FTs are only improving game by game.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Hes been fantastic under Doc Rivers. on the season, hes putting up 10 ppg/14 rebounds/ 2.5 blocks on 66% from the field with a career best 36 mins per game.

last month (11 games), he put up 13/13/3 blocks on 75% from the field. his free throws will always be an issue, but hack a DJ hasnt been a go to strategy for opposing teams this year as much as it had been in the past.

DJ has a pretty decent low post game, and some nice go to moves hes showcased in the past. His offense isnt needed as much for this clippers team, but if he was given more touches down low, one would think he would be able to produce with them at a fairly consistent clip

i think his biggest improvement under Doc has been his defense. its just smarter than it has been in any of his previous years. hes controlling his blocks more by keeping them in play. he also seems to be maturing more and more, and with his amazing athleticism, hes bound to have a very fruitful career with DPotY potential.

ive never really been a fan of his for many reasons, but i cant deny DJ this season. hes much improved and has made clippers an even more entertaining team for me
    I'm a Clippers fan since 99' and DJ has rebounded better and plays better team defense, but he still can't guard any of the top centers. They still score at will on him. He has no post up game, zero. He might get a drop step dunk on smaller scrub centers if he gets the ball deep enough, but can't score one on one on a half way decent center. he's not big or strong enough to get deep position if he has to dribble or make a move. He's a agile fast center. He still doesn't box out well, Clipps have lost a couple of close games because he and Blake don't box out well.

A lot of his improvement is because he's playing a lot more mins then last year. He is a lot better then last year. He's probably a top ten I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    ive always felt their athleticism was comparable. DJ's biggest nemesis was his low basketball IQ, mainly due to youth, in my opinion. however, that seems to be changing with every game. Ive always recently wondered what kind of numbers he could put up if he was a center piece on a team surrounded by shooters. i think his rebound average would sky rocket
    I feel the same thing too. I see a couple of Clippers games every season and was really surprised they dudnt used him for more mins prior to this season. Hes really athletic and I think all he needs is time on the court to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Has his b-ball IQ been improved since this season?
    for what theyre asking from him, it seems to have. defensively, he was always beastly because of his size and athleticism but didnt always make the right play. biting for fakes(A LOT!), swatting balls into the stand.

jordan doesnt really bite for fakes anymore. instead, he stays grounded with his arms up, but will still go after the ball once its released. often times blocking it at its apex.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

And he has Doc Rivers to thank

I hate the Clippers but damn DJ has been good. He should be top 6 because of how well he's playing and how his team has been winning, but there are definitely more than 6 centers I would pick ahead of him if I were building a franchise. Much improved though, a dark horse MIP candidate.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito

Quote Originally Posted by Bones_Jones

A lot of his improvement is because he's playing a lot more mins then last year. He is a lot better then last year.
    Yeah i also agree with this. he is playing about 10 more minutes at game than his previous highest average. however, it is impressive that hes relatively staying out of foul trouble. ive never liked his single coverage defense, but i did love how bynum would always dominate him in the post(lakers fan)

Top 3-5 for me.. He's improving all the time. Knew doc would help him.

He's even making free throws.

Noah
    Marc Gasol
    Roy Hibbert
    Andrew Bogut
    Dwight Howard
    Tim Duncan
    Andre Drummond
    Nikola Pekovic
    Demarcus Cousins
    Pau Gasol
    Chris Bosh

All better as centers than him.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

He's doing pretty well this year.
    Leading in rebound and fg%, and 4th in blocks.