Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Cavs interested in making David Blatt their next head coach?

David Pick @IAmDPick
    Just asked Blatt to narrow down his options for me. "I need to meet with Cavaliers in person. Prob next week in US. Warriors opt too."

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    David Pick @IAmDPick
    Just asked Blatt to narrow down his options for me. "I need to meet with Cavaliers in person. Prob next week in US. Warriors opt too."

nice.

David Pick @IAmDPick
    Interesting

Cavs over Warriors though as he would rather have head coach position I'm sure.

He will be a great pick up. Cavs could get good real soon.
    Last edited by All Net; 06-12-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Interesting

Cavs over Warriors though as he would rather have head coach position I'm sure.

He will be a great pick up. Cavs could get good real soon.

fingers are crossed. who knows what he wants. He never said he's hellbent on becoming an HC contrary to what some writers are saying. He may want to ease into the NBA and take a low key position first. It's not like there aren't a bunch of vacancies every single season.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

This is my guy... watching tape of his innovative offensive philosophies and the way he seems to get the most out of his talent make him a very intriguing prospect.

Word is that we're down to three finalists... Blatt, Lue and Gentry. I'd probably rank them just like that, in terms of who I want. (1) Blatt, (2) Lue, (3) Gentry.

Let's do this.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    fingers are crossed. who knows what he wants. He never said he's hellbent on becoming an HC contrary to what some writers are saying. He may want to ease into the NBA and take a low key position first. It's not like there aren't a bunch of vacancies every single season.
    Here are the most recent tweets regarding Blatt...

David Pick
    @IAmDPick
    Spoke to David Blatt. Said he interviewed for Cavaliers head coach job via phone. Will talk with GM David Griffin again soon.

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @WojYahooNBA
    Warriors want Blatt for Kerr's staff, but uncertain how much longer they'll wait for Blatt to let head coaching process play out w/ Cavs.

Allon Sinai
    @AllonSinai
    Blatt says recent reports have been more or less accurate and that his decision regarding his destination will be made very shortly.

Steve Kyler
    @stevekylerNBA
    Hearing Cavs coaching process down to three guys -- Ty Lue, Alvin Gentry and David Blatt -- ownership will chime in on final hire.

@cavspdinsider
    #Cavs will interview David Blatt next week, source says. Source also confirms Yahoo report of Tyronn Lue second interview Friday, and Gentry

It sounds like he is waiting for the Cavs to make him an offer before he commits.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

David Pick
    @IAmDPick
    Spoke to David Blatt. Said he interviewed for Cavaliers head coach job via phone. Will talk with GM David Griffin again soon.

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @WojYahooNBA
    Warriors want Blatt for Kerr's staff, but uncertain how much longer they'll wait for Blatt to let head coaching process play out w/ Cavs.

Allon Sinai
    @AllonSinai
    Blatt says recent reports have been more or less accurate and that his decision regarding his destination will be made very shortly.

Steve Kyler
    @stevekylerNBA
    Hearing Cavs coaching process down to three guys -- Ty Lue, Alvin Gentry and David Blatt -- ownership will chime in on final hire.

@cavspdinsider
    #Cavs will interview David Blatt next week, source says. Source also confirms Yahoo report of Tyronn Lue second interview Friday, and Gentry

It sounds like he is waiting for the Cavs to make him an offer before he commits.

yes. I'm not trying to get my hopes up.

He intrigues me, and i really don't want gentry or lue. However gentry and lue's experience in the NBA and specifically NBA personalities is a very important factor.

He's not babysitting any Kryie Irvings over in Israel. Hopefully the players will buy in and his approach won't be too abrasive.

He's going to be way more of a hard ass than MB or Byron.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    yes. I'm not trying to get my hopes up.

He intrigues me, and i really don't want gentry or lue. However gentry and lue's experience in the NBA and specifically NBA personalities is a very important factor.

He's not babysitting any Kryie Irvings over in Israel. Hopefully the players will buy in and his approach won't be too abrasive.

He's going to be way more of a hard ass than MB or Byron.
    I don't like the idea of not hiring the best possible coach because you're worried about having to "babysit" one of your young players. If Kyrie is that big of a problem, maybe we'd be best off just moving him? I really don't think he's as uncoachable as some have made it seem...

A little immature, sure, but most 21-22 year olds are... especially ones that have been coddled for years. Maybe the best thing for him would be a no-nonsense coach who doesn't want to hear any BS from these young guys.

I don't like the idea of not hiring the best possible coach because you're worried about having to "babysit" one of your young players. If Kyrie is that big of a problem, maybe we'd be best off just moving him? I really don't think he's as uncoachable as some have made it seem...

A little immature, sure, but most 21-22 year olds are... especially ones that have been coddled for years. Maybe the best thing for him would be a no-nonsense coach who doesn't want to hear any BS from these young guys.
    it could be a maturity thing for sure, and Blatt could very well be the kick in the ass he needs. I agree with you on not picking a coach on dealing with kyrie's maturity issues.

Blatt has just announced that he's leaving MTA 'to pursue his childhood dream' via MTA Facebook page.

Jason Lloyd confirmed that Blatt is going to meet with the Cavs officially sometime next week. If he really wants a headcoaching job I'm suspecting he'll be the choice or he'll want to coach since all the other places he could go are assistant jobs.

It's just Amico, but who cares?
    Sam Amico @SamAmicoFSO
    Source familiar with coaching search defines Cavs and David Blatt talks as "heating up."
    Make it happen.

It's just Amico, but who cares?

Make it happen.
    WEll it's pretty obvious they're heating up. Amico doesn't need to report that. The Cavs and Blatt haven't officially even met yet, they are going to meet sometime next week formally.

Just some updates on the Blatt situation from the Cavs camp. Officially Blatt will either be the Golden State assistant coach, or he's going to be the Cavs head coach. There's no other jobs on the table. The Cavs recently interviewed Mark Price recently and if Blatt signs on, Mark Price would probably be on the coaching staff as well as an assistant. Also it's stated if Blatt interviews well and the Cavs like what they see, they will offer him the position and if the rumors are true, Blatt prefers having a head coaching position over an assistant position.

Interview is sometime next week, I suspect we might have a new head coach next week.

I'm not sure on Blatt, I know he did some great things over in Europe and won the cup over there, but I'm not sure how the players will react to him. On one hand I think someone needs to come in and say "This is what needs to be done." Sort of a Coach Pop situation. On the other hand the players might totally turned off to that.
    Last edited by Meticode; 06-13-2014 at 09:33 PM.

David Pick
    @IAmDPick

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @WojYahooNBA

Allon Sinai
    @AllonSinai

Steve Kyler
    @stevekylerNBA

@cavspdinsider

Hopefully Cavs do the right thing and hire him.Not sure why they would hire any of the others over him to be honest.