Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Carmelo Anthony is the hardest person to guard in the NBA, even Kobe said so himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2X4sXWKJwc

Hes pouring 40 a game like its nothing.
    Reason his so hard to guard?

He's freaking 6'8, hes strong as a bull, he can shoot 3's, midrange, can post up or go for the layup/dunk. Hes aggressive, he may not be most athletic or fastest guy but he has the best footwork in the NBA (besides maybe Kobe). Hes shifty, uses spacing and his superior strength to his advantage.

Always create mismatches, if you're smaller then him, He just post you up like Shaq/ Or shoot over you. If you're bigger/taller then him he'll easily blow by you.

Complete player on the offensive.
    Last edited by tgan3; 04-07-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony is the hardest person to guard in the NBA, even Kobe said so himself.

Durant has said he's the best offensive player in the league several times. Pierce has said he's the hardest player to guard too.

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony is the hardest person to guard in the NBA, even Kobe said so himself.

According to ISH he's fat & isn't a winner despite never missing the playoffs, having a national championship, & 2 gold medals.

Banned

Hardest to guard one on one? I could see that.

LeBron is so great because he has that Magic/Bird feel to his game though where he makes everyone on the team better. Then you add his post game , and improved jumpshot which he has now and you got by far the most complete overall player in the league. Melo is a Me player and doesn't really make anyone better.

A lot of Durants damage is done coming off of screens and his off ball play, so I definitely see a case of Melo being the hardest to guard one on one. Kobe is old now and a ****ing joke at his age.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease eSOL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Hardest to guard one on one? I could see that.

LeBron is so great because he has that Magic/Bird feel to his game though where he makes everyone on the team better. Then you add his post game , and improved jumpshot which he has now and you got by far the most complete overall player in the league. Melo is a Me player and doesn't really make anyone better.

A lot of Durants damage is done coming off of screens and his off ball play, so I definitely see a case of Melo being the hardest to guard one on one. Kobe is old now and a ****ing joke at his age.

by coming off screens and his off ball play you mean FT's right?

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    According to ISH he's fat & isn't a winner despite never missing the playoffs, having a national championship, & 2 gold medals.
    I heard he also won the rec league when he was 11. Add that to his collection

He's on a little hot streak so what? You fools get so quick to judge players.

Lebrons the hardest to guard in the league and its not even close. Durant, Dirk, Kyrie all behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    Why would you count that? I'm pretty sure everyone in the league has won a rec league.

Thats funny because LeBron is all of those things too except more so, and he rebounds and assists better. I think the reality is Melo is slightly overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    I would love to see you step on a D-1....no D-2 basketball court and score a point People acting like dominating D-1 ball isn't impressive The Fab 5 must be a joke then because none of them did shit in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    Why would you count that? I'm pretty sure everyone in the league has won a rec league.
    Look behind you and you'll see the joke that just went right over your head.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Lebron is not the hardest player to gard...He has no crossover...He's first step or bust getting to the rim..Carmelo and Durant are both harder to guard because Melo has a better shot , post up and hesitation dribbles. Durant is harder to guard because he has a better shot, fundamentals and he has a very nice crossover and crazy length. James is at a point where i using alot of screens and is getting alot of his points in transition.

Kobe's not really the best source in this topic..

Kobe rarely plays defense and when he does, hes not gonna get matched up against the premiere wings of the NBA for a solid stretch of the game. Hes definitely not the best source.

Melo is top 5 hardest to guard 1 on 1 when he is hot. I'll give him that. But he hasnt shown that consistency over an entire playoff series yet.

kobe is rarely wrong about these things. Look at tonight, Melo lighting up the Thunder.