Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: projected top 3 pick Emmanuel Mudiay gets schooled by 37 yr old Stephon Marbury

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    the nba is wierd. never got why starbury and iverson didnt get more chances
    Idk bro, its a conspiracy just like when Stern vetoed Paul coming to play for the Lakers.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Default Re: projected top 3 pick Emmanuel Mudiay gets schooled by 37 yr old Stephon Marbury

mudiay fared much better in his second game with 29/9 rb/7 assists/4 steals/6 TOs on 12/17 shooting

get this...they're seriously calling ron artest "pandas friend" now. highlights of his game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYQB...ezJFZyR739y15g

He's a kid. Honestly his skillset reminds me of Jordan Crawford. He's gonna bust

Well maybe his first 3-4 NBA games will be dramatically better than Andrew Wiggins'.

well that isnt true. and he himself have said he could have played of the bench after playing in turkey. but he felt stern and the league had turned their back on him and didnt want to take the risk. whatever that ment

his words. maybe you're the one that doesnt get it

Come on man. He had his chance and squandered the opportunity. Tried to sneak back in after the window had already closed. No one is to blame but him.

Should the sixers trade MCW if they win the draft lottery?? Mudiay is 5-6 years younger than Carter-Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorKid117
    Yea, exactly And he wasn't even graduating ....

Rumor has it the kid is Xi Xinping's (China's President) grandson. The kid is treated like a little prince. Its disgusting.

Kid is the little fattie being held next to Yi.
    Lol dono if they paid him tho. Seems like in China they say u gonna do this and you say... alright.

So you can keep getting your one roll of toilet paper each month.

-Smak

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Lol dono if they paid him tho. Seems like in China they say u gonna do this and you say... alright.

So you can keep getting your one roll of toilet paper each month.

-Smak
    China is more economically free than the US. Don't be ignorant.

-Smak

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

the nba is wierd. never got why starbury and iverson didnt get more chances
    Not sure which chances you're referring to. Iverson was in Detroit after Denver and was causing a fuss. He went to Memphis and cause a stink there. Then he came back to the Sixers and left the team. He had become an alcoholic and he was no longer in shape and he had a game that relied on athleticism and due to his alcoholism he had experienced a serious decline in his athleticism. There's no mystery here. Who wants a 34 year old alcoholic who never grew his game to adapt to getting older? If he was a gym rat and worked hard to change his game to adapt to his age he could have had a career til he was 40. He chose not to do that and there's nothing wrong with that at all. Please done pretend like there was some conspiracy against him or Marbury for that matter. Because he's lighting it up in China says nothing about what he could do in the NBA.

well that isnt true. and he himself have said he could have played of the bench after playing in turkey. but he felt stern and the league had turned their back on him and didnt want to take the risk. whatever that ment

his words. maybe you're the one that doesnt get it
    No, I don't think that you get it. Iverson said he "felt like Stern and the league had turned their back on him"? That's a guy who doesn't want to admit that he's a washed up alcoholic who's unwilling to accept that he needs to do some serious work in order to be relevant in the league. It's great that's how he "feels" but if he had anything to offer, the league would have welcomed him back. He made a fortune for the league but he just had nothing to offer anymore because he wasn't smart enough or was in too much denial or was just unwilling to do the things necessary to get him to where he needed to be. I don't understand all the apologists for him. He was awesome and then fell off hard. What would you expect from a 160lb guy who relied on athleticism who got beat up buy guys who weighed 100lbs more than him every night? If you can't become a shooter and distributor, you're not going to be able to be what you were.

It's just like people trying to justify that whole practice shit and say it was overblown. It wasn't overblown it was actually hidden from the media while he was here. his last couple of years he literally almost never practiced. Billy King in a very candid interview on WIP (after he had left the sixers also) said this. He wasn't complaining about it, he was explaining the dynamic that existed between Iverson and Larry Brown and that LB loved AI and loved the way he played but that it hurt the team that he didn't participate in practices and didn't do a lot to endear him to his teammates. I am friends with a guy who was on that team and I know this first hand also. Iverson literally did no weight lifting and very little practicing. When you get to be 34 and you drink too much and you're not doing anything to offset your physical decline, well then it's gonna be hard to be effective. Iverson was obviously in denial about this and couldn't see it. If you look at any players who were successful deep into their 30s especially guards, they workout constantly. Ray Allen, Nash, Stockton, just to name a few. They pretty much workout all year round for hours at a time. Their offseason workouts are about 6-8 hours in the gym. Iverson never did anything that even approached that. THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM A BAD GUY OR A BAD PLAYER. It also doesn't mean that there was a conspiracy against him. But the guy had serious problems in his personal life that were affecting him and he was probably too proud to see it, which I don't blame him for but he's dreaming if he thinks there was some conspiracy against him. Look at what happened in Detroit and more importantly Memphis and then Philly his second time around. Your answers are right there in front of you.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

he struggled in his 3rd game (10 points, 4 assists, 2 turnovers) but bounced back and had a triple double today. 22 points (10/19), 11 rebounds and 13 assists as his team won again.

highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUtnz...ezJFZyR739y15g
    Last edited by Andrew Wiggins; 11-09-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Should the sixers trade MCW if they win the draft lottery?? Mudiay is 5-6 years younger than Carter-Williams.
    they wanted to trade high on him during the off season but no one bit, rumoured to still be looking to move him before the all star break.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Come on man. He had his chance and squandered the opportunity. Tried to sneak back in after the window had already closed. No one is to blame but him.
    why did indiana sign bynum? teams take chances, and i for one thought AI was a chance worth taking

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    No, I don't think that you get it. Iverson said he "felt like Stern and the league had turned their back on him"? That's a guy who doesn't want to admit that he's a washed up alcoholic who's unwilling to accept that he needs to do some serious work in order to be relevant in the league. It's great that's how he "feels" but if he had anything to offer, the league would have welcomed him back. He made a fortune for the league but he just had nothing to offer anymore because he wasn't smart enough or was in too much denial or was just unwilling to do the things necessary to get him to where he needed to be. I don't understand all the apologists for him. He was awesome and then fell off hard. What would you expect from a 160lb guy who relied on athleticism who got beat up buy guys who weighed 100lbs more than him every night? If you can't become a shooter and distributor, you're not going to be able to be what you were.

It's just like people trying to justify that whole practice shit and say it was overblown. It wasn't overblown it was actually hidden from the media while he was here. his last couple of years he literally almost never practiced. Billy King in a very candid interview on WIP (after he had left the sixers also) said this. He wasn't complaining about it, he was explaining the dynamic that existed between Iverson and Larry Brown and that LB loved AI and loved the way he played but that it hurt the team that he didn't participate in practices and didn't do a lot to endear him to his teammates. I am friends with a guy who was on that team and I know this first hand also. Iverson literally did no weight lifting and very little practicing. When you get to be 34 and you drink too much and you're not doing anything to offset your physical decline, well then it's gonna be hard to be effective. Iverson was obviously in denial about this and couldn't see it. If you look at any players who were successful deep into their 30s especially guards, they workout constantly. Ray Allen, Nash, Stockton, just to name a few. They pretty much workout all year round for hours at a time. Their offseason workouts are about 6-8 hours in the gym. Iverson never did anything that even approached that. THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM A BAD GUY OR A BAD PLAYER. It also doesn't mean that there was a conspiracy against him. But the guy had serious problems in his personal life that were affecting him and he was probably too proud to see it, which I don't blame him for but he's dreaming if he thinks there was some conspiracy against him. Look at what happened in Detroit and more importantly Memphis and then Philly his second time around. Your answers are right there in front of you.
    its nice that we have an ISH member than knows what Iverson is thinking at any given time.

he practiced in Denver. so there goes that alcoholic non practicing theory. he even scored 26.4 ppg on 46% shooting his last season in Denver. But Dumars wanted to bench him for Rodney freaking Stuckey.

i get that Iverson should have accepted the bench role. but he was still and all-star posting all-star numbers, and we all know Iverson could be immature. But i got the impression he would accept an bench role after his stint in Turkey, and he obviously still had NBA talent

its nice that we have an ISH member than knows what Iverson is thinking at any given time.

he practiced in Denver. so there goes that alcoholic non practicing theory. he even scored 26.4 ppg on 46% shooting his last season in Denver. But Dumars wanted to bench him for Rodney freaking Stuckey.

i get that Iverson should have accepted the bench role. but he was still and all-star posting all-star numbers, and we all know Iverson could be immature. But i got the impression he would accept an bench role after his stint in Turkey, and he obviously still had NBA talent
    Ok so you're dogging me saying that I'm claiming to know what he's thinking but yet you follow it up with "I got the impression that he would accept a bench role". From whom did you get that impression? While it's great that he practiced in Denver, I wasn't talking about Denver, I was talking about Philadelphia and the impact the things that he did and didn't do had on that team. Do you k ow anyone who played with him? I Would guess that you don't. Keep telling yourself he was blackballed when you have the real answers in front of you. You do realize that he played after he was traded to Denver right? And that's when he really started to decline. I'm not dogging the guy for having an alcohol problem I'm just stating what was happening and why he didn't have a job. He wasn't in shape after Turkey and wasn't going to get in shape. This is the impression that teams had of him. That and the off the court alcohol stuff kept coupled with the fact that he never adjusted his game with his age, prevented him from being worth a contract at his age.