Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default What if the Spurs were able to re-sign Leonard and sign Love next summer?

If Love opts out, I doubt he'll leave the Cavs. He'll probably re-sign with them. But if he doesn't and Duncan either retires or takes on a smaller role (off the bench?) should the Spurs summer plans next summer be to re-sign Leonard and sign Love?

Starting lineup:

C: Splitter
    PF: Love
    SF: Leonard
    SG: Green
    PG: Parker

Bench:

C: Duncan
    PF: Diaw/Anderson
    SF: Belinelli
    SG: Ginobili
    PG: Mills

Default Re: What if the Spurs were able to re-sign Leonard and sign Love next summer?

Spurs need a defensive big to usher in the new era.

Let's go Davis.

But the GOAT Spur ain't never coming off the bench.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: What if the Spurs were able to re-sign Leonard and sign Love next summer?

Make a run for Greg Monroe if we can get him for alot less

rank sentamentalist

i think its become quite clear by this point that the spurs management has no interest in pursuing high profile superstars like kevin love in free agency. so far anyway.

Very good NBA starter

Well, Spurs could win without a superstar (see: most recent championship) so it's difficult to knock one of the most well run organizations not just in basketball but in all of sports. Every team should be looking at what SA does. Surely times will change as the makeup of the team changes and players retire

Very good NBA starter

sounds bad, but I'd rather see the Spurs have a losing season and get a lottery pick then spend uber amounts of money on a FA

Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    If Love opts out, I doubt he'll leave the Cavs. He'll probably re-sign with them. But if he doesn't and Duncan either retires or takes on a smaller role (off the bench?) should the Spurs summer plans next summer be to re-sign Leonard and sign Love?

Starting lineup:

C: Splitter
    PF: Love
    SF: Leonard
    SG: Green
    PG: Parker

Bench:

C: Duncan
    PF: Diaw/Anderson
    SF: Belinelli
    SG: Ginobili
    PG: Mills
    That bench with Pop coaching could compete with almost any team in a 7 games series.