Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Root Of All Evil

Default Re: Wade vs Kobe so far this year

Quote Originally Posted by canefandynasty
    They won't, but they would make Kobe work harder for his shot. Kobe wouldn't put up the same numbers playing against Boston, Oralndo and NO.
    Boston would scheme wise ... not Orlando, or New Orleans. Kobe already faced one of the elite permiter defenders in the league in Shane Battier first game of the year. And he's better than any indivudal defender on ANY of those teams.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Gasol > Wade > Kobe > LeBron this season

Root Of All Evil

Gasol > Wade > Kobe > LeBron this season
    Wade > LeBron

Kobe > Gasol

Kobe playing in limited minutes, not having the offense run through him has been just as productive as Gasol whose averaging 6 more minutes per game, and more shot attempts.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    Wade > LeBron

Kobe > Gasol

Kobe playing in limited minutes, not having the offense run through him has been just as productive as Gasol whose averaging 6 more minutes per game, and more shot attempts.

That's why there is PER. It adjusts for things like pace and minutes, and Pau atill beats Kobe in that category. Pau's rate stats, as well as volume stats, outperforms Kobe.

Decent playground baller Hihater's Avatar

That's why there is PER. It adjusts for things like pace and minutes, and Pau atill beats Kobe in that category. Pau's rate stats, as well as volume stats, outperforms Kobe.
    PER is a dumb stats that a guy from espn make up.

Root Of All Evil

PER another dumb one made up by geeks with calculators (Hollinger? LOL plz). Pau's stats beat Bryant's because of rebounding numbers. That's all ...

It's been 7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwade305
    Papa Troll, making a thread for mini trolls to come and spit there BS.

Lebron opens up Wade? really? is he James Jones spotting up in a corner?
    I didn't said he open up wade..i said team don't double up wade like they do lebron..everytime lebron get the ball they alway double and force him to get rip of the ball but yea troll will be troll both end..kobe fan and wade fan.

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by Hihater
    I didn't said he open up wade..i said team don't double up wade like they do lebron..everytime lebron get the ball they alway double and force him to get rip of the ball but yea troll will be troll both end..kobe fan and wade fan.
    u sure? because lebron alway get double team so it open it up for wade and kobe only do post up or create his own shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwade305
    I don't mean it like that.. trying to said wade can drive it without get double team like he used too.

shhhhhhh

I'm sorry if english is not my first languages and what is ur problem? i didn't even said anything bad about you.
    Everyone who has to endure your posts is sorry, they are painful to read and they make you come across as a fool.

Try taking your time, nobody is going to die if they have to wait an extra 3 minutes for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    he's a heat/ebronl/wade fan
    Me a LeBron fan? Really.....

I made this thread because they seemed even. You guys hating is dumb. Both played limited minutes and still put up very impressive numbers, so it's pretty thread worthy. We can bump this every 10 games from now and keep discussing it, not a big deal. It's clearly close from what people are saying, so it's not like its a Dwight vs Perkins thread or something.

As to people saying Kobe didn't do anything last game, well Wade sat out a bunch of times as well, and played awful vs Boston, so it evens out.

tie?

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Kobe has been better so far this year. Its a small sample size obviously...but Kobe has been slightly better. Wade has stepped it up lately, but he had a terrible game in a relatively close loss to boston and he had that costly turnover against new orleans down the stretch....and wade has had a ton of turnovers so far.

Having said that. Wade is the slightly superior player and will show this throughout the year. Not a knock on Kobe....Wade is just that good when healthy and he's 4 years younger with about 6 year less of wear and tear. Its remarkable how good Kobe still is. Same with Duncan and same with KG and same with Dirk...those 4 guys have aged remarkably well.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    They also have 2 losses ...

Kobe had two games in a row where he was sitting on 20+ pts at the half and didn't have to do ish afterwards. Could've easily had some 40 or possibly 50 point games already.

Lakers are blowing teams out too, kid.
    If this isn't a homer I don't know what is. So Kobe could have easily had some 40 or 50 point games? No he couldn't have. Yeah Lakers have been great and Kobe hasn't had to do as much but that doesn't automatically = if he wanted to he could do whatever he wants ..

It's been 7 games. I think Wade's been better so far but very small sample size. Kobe's been hurt so from what I've seen where there's sizeable gap at this point is that Wade's been the much better defender. He's taking a few plays off tho. Either way 7 games too small of sample size.