Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kobe Bryant:

Default Kobe Bryant:

[QUOTE]However, what was unusual

Default Re: Kobe Bryant:

I've been saying this for years. The European system teaches fundamentals. Americas are trying shit that is beyond their means and abilities. Instead of learning the fundamentals first they try and emulate what they see on tv without having a grasp on the basics.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

I would like to have some of that sherm mr beans is smoking. what a douchebag... He didnt hear what Yao ming was telling his country ??? ..

. aau >>>>>>>

It's no joke that since the Bird era, most of the best white players are from Europe with Steve Nash being the exception.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Fundamentals > highlights

and I believe that's what he means. Kids in the US focus on using their athleticism and making highlight reels. Players in Europe focus on working on their fundamental basketball skills.

The emphasis is on the game, not the player.

I don't know if that's completely the case in Europe, but unfortunately, it is the case with the US. We have a ton of incredibly gifted athletes that lack the most basic fundamentals and therefore, their games never really blossom and they hit barriers/walls that they can never break through.

jump higher, run faster is really what these new nba players are all about.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    Fundamentals > highlights

and I believe that's what he means. Kids in the US focus on using their athleticism and making highlight reels. Players in Europe focus on working on their fundamental basketball skills.

The emphasis is on the game, not the player.

I don't know if that's completely the case in Europe, but unfortunately, it is the case with the US. We have a ton of incredibly gifted athletes that lack the most basic fundamentals and therefore, their games never really blossom and they hit barriers/walls that they can never break through.

Quote Originally Posted by john_d
    jump higher, run faster is really what these new nba players are all about.
    US players ball handling >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any players anywhere.

Derek rose,John wall,rondo,westbrook, >>>>>>>>>>> Ricky rubios of the world.
    Last edited by ashbelly; 07-28-2010 at 12:16 PM.

el pollo loco siiiiiii

End of the day its all about buckets

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    It's no joke that since the Bird era, most of the best white players are from Europe with Steve Nash being the exception.

why did you have to bring skin color into it ??? USA basketball players >>>>>

If you can't acknowledge that, then you and mr. beans are delusional.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ashbelly
    why did you have to bring skin color into it ??? USA basketball players >>>>>

If you can't acknowledge that, then you and mr. beans are delusional.

STFU trying to school everybody, you`re just an annoying bandwagoner.

Then explain why no international player, excluding Canadians and Kobe, cannot dominate the game of basketball? Why isn't their a international superstar around here? Where's German Lebron!?

NBA Superstar

the club system is better in my opinion.

imagine if the Lakers had different youth teams and teenagers had pro level training and facilities from high school onward. the kids would develop so much and learn so much from having access to professionals.

personality wise, there'd be less giant egos than we see now, as instead of a kid being the shit all through their career, he'd need to be respectful of the pros at the NBA level of his club. think of all the talented head cases who shit their talent away because of a horrible attitude. would Stephon Marbury be as cocky if instead of balling for Lincoln High, he was on The Knicks youth team? Oak and Mase would have slapped the shit out of him if some youth team punk got out of order.

European soccer teams do this, it'd be really cool if the NBA did too.

I know it will never happen as it is 'elitist' and the NCAA and HS hoops are hallowed institutions, but it is really cool to think 'what if.'

The Australian model of 'sports centers' would also be cool to have and produce better players. Look how a relatively small country like Australia performs in the Olympics. Their great results are due to their centralized sporting system, where the top athletes all go to school together.

Banned

Of course it is. And Kobe knows that personally because he was developed in Italy in one of their youth club systems. It's one of the main reasons why his skills level if so much better than other NBA players, even though he never played in the NCAA.

Banned

It's a pity the NBA caters for the way the American players are being developed...