Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups Donnybrook's Avatar

Default Pierce and KG are missing Rondo

I never agreed with the people that would say KG and Pierce (and Allen too, I guess) "made" Rondo, or "make him look better than he is." Now we see KG and Pierce out there trying to play without a high level PG like Rondo on the court and see their lack of production.

I always believed this -and now it seems more evident- that Rondo was making the most out of KG and Pierce while playing together in Boston. Rondo was great at driving and dishing out to an open Pierce for an easy spot up 3, or kicking to KG for the easy 18 footer. Now, what we have, is Pierce and KG trying to create too much for Brooklyn, and that's not necessarily what they've been doing for the last 6 or so years (with the exception of Pierce to an extent).

TL;DR = Rondo made the most out of the Old Greats on the Celtics and was a huge factor in them being a contender. This is evident by the lack of production and large drop-off of the once major contributors on a contending team.

Banned

Default Re: Pierce and KG are missing Rondo

I'm sure it has nothing to do with their advanced age, decreased role and minutes. It has everything to do with Rondo.

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    I'm sure it has nothing to do with their advanced age, decreased role and minutes. It has everything to do with Rondo.
    No, I understand the effects that will have on their production. However, they're bodies weren't all that young last year, or the year before, etc., and it's not like KG hasn't played limited minutes on the C's in years prior, but Rondo made it easier for them to contribute considering their ages/health. I was only stating that Rondo seems to get underrated in the assumption that "KG and Pierce" made him, when, in reality, Rondo made it so easy for them.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybrook
    No, I understand the effects that will have on their production. However, they're bodies weren't all that young last year, or the year before, etc., and it's not like KG hasn't played limited minutes on the C's in years prior, but Rondo made it easier for them to contribute considering their ages/health. I was only stating that Rondo seems to get underrated in the assumption that "KG and Pierce" made him, when, in reality, Rondo made it so easy for them.
    Yes it's not like KG and Peirce both played excellent basketball after Rondo went down. They definitely didn't singlehandedly will their team to game 6 against the 2nd seed in the play offs.

raep tiem

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    Yes it's not like KG and Peirce both played excellent basketball after Rondo went down. They definitely didn't singlehandedly will their team to game 6 against the 2nd seed in the play offs.
    They didn't do it alone

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    If we're talking playoffs, when haven't the C's (including Pierce and KG) played great, individual basketball? That's what they're known for. I'm referencing their new roles on the Nets, compared to the ease and style of basketball they were playing on the C's and how big of an impact Rondo truly was in making that happen for them. Again, all I'm getting at is that Rondo has been underrated in that regard.

Geez, you people sure like to play devil's advocate.

So... Rondo >> Magic

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    So... Rondo >> Magic
    Uhh... what?

ever wonder if Mike Brown misses Lebron?

Uhh... what?

ESPNs next breaking cover story

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    ever wonder if Mike Brown misses Lebron?
    Who's Mike Brown, and who's LeBron in this metaphor?

Saw a basketball once

Although I do agree that Rondo did wonders for KG Pierce & ray I think we need to give a healthy dwill a fair chance at leading them..

Also consider that they are both a year older.. but in my opinion they can only succeed as far as dwill takes them

Last year he blew up in the second half of the season & was averaging like 23 a game or something like that

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

This is more about age. Don't forget that they finished off last season just fine without Rondo. They would be better with Rondo setting them up right now but the players that they were would be getting it done with or without Rondo.

rondo

I never agreed with the people that would say KG and Pierce (and Allen too, I guess) "made" Rondo, or "make him look better than he is." Now we see KG and Pierce out there trying to play without a high level PG like Rondo on the court and see their lack of production.

I always believed this -and now it seems more evident- that Rondo was making the most out of KG and Pierce while playing together in Boston. Rondo was great at driving and dishing out to an open Pierce for an easy spot up 3, or kicking to KG for the easy 18 footer. Now, what we have, is Pierce and KG trying to create too much for Brooklyn, and that's not necessarily what they've been doing for the last 6 or so years (with the exception of Pierce to an extent).

TL;DR = Rondo made the most out of the Old Greats on the Celtics and was a huge factor in them being a contender. This is evident by the lack of production and large drop-off of the once major contributors on a contending team.
    Last season:

Pierce before Rondo injury: 19 PPG 54 TS% 5.7 RPG 3.8 APG 1.4 SPG
    Pierce after Rondo injury: 18 PPG 59 TS% 7.1 RPG 6.1 APG 0.7 SPG

I see no evidence of what you're talking about.