Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Right now, who are the top 5 players in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles and Miles
    Based on what? Stats or who people are in love with? Check the stats and people in this thread are way off base.
    In what capacity?

Everyone seems to be putting the usual suspects. Exactly what is the issue? Davis? Because, statistically, he's as good as anyone in the league right now.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    In what capacity?

Everyone seems to be putting the usual suspects. Exactly what is the issue? Davis? Because, statistically, he's as good as anyone in the league right now.
    And in a good way. His steals and blocks aren't empty stats. He is one of the best defensive players I've ever seen and he's only 20.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage
    Tbh he's better than all of them. He'll only get hate when his team starts winning though.
    I don't see how he's better than Love or Horford. These guys have been the focal point of the opponents defense for years. Davis is just now showing what he can do. How good will be if he's the 1st option and the defense is completely focused on him. Thats why you can't always just look at stats. They have to be taken in context.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    I don't see how he's better than Love or Horford. These guys have been the focal point of the opponents defense for years. Davis is just now showing what he can do. How good will be if he's the 1st option and the defense is completely focused on him. Thats why you can't always just look at stats. They have to be taken in context.
    Yeah, I'm sure he's racking up all those steals and blocks because defenses aren't adjusting to him.

Yeah, I'm sure he's racking up all those steals and blocks because defenses aren't adjusting to him.
    No need to roll your eyes and cop a hissy fit bro...I'm just debating. I'm not in here trolling...I never said he has empty stats anywhere.

It's when I contextualize Love's stats that I come to the conclusion Davis is better. Also, it's difficult to ignore the fact Davis is still so young - perhaps that influences my decision to put him ahead of Love, albeit not by much.

Banned

No need to roll your eyes and cop a hissy fit bro...I'm just debating. I'm not in here trolling...I never said he has empty stats anywhere.
    Your argument is weak. In your logic, rookie seasons are entirely pointless as are breakout seasons.

Your argument is weak. In your logic, rookie seasons are entirely pointless as are breakout seasons.
    So you gained all that from my post. Ok. Sometimes they are pointless and sometimes they're not..Everything is not black and white. Just because Davis is having a great season through 11 games does not mean he will go on to be a top 5 player in the league. There's also a chance that he will. Thats the point of discussing it on a forum.

Banned

Just because Davis is having a great season through 11 games does not mean he will go on to be a top 5 player in the league. There's also a chance that he will. Thats the point of discussing it on a forum.
    So the amount of games is what's not impressive. That's fine. Say he does keep his production for the year, would you still have problems with people saying he's a top 5 player and, at worst, the second best big in the league?

So the amount of games is what's not impressive. That's fine. Say he does keep his production for the year, would you still have problems with people saying he's a top 5 player and, at worst, the second best big in the league?
    Honestly? No, I would not. Thats why I said I'm trying to prevent him from becoming a hated guy on ish because people usually turn on a player when he starts to get a lot of hype. I've noticed him getting a lot of hype for good reason so I'm just asking the question before everyone gets carried away. If he keeps up his production, I've got no problem saying he's one of the best bigmen in the league. Not sure about top 5 because I would have to see how the usual suspects are peforming by the end of the season, Lebron, Durant, Westbrook, Rose, Love, etc, etc.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

seriously, a talk about stats again? Eye test > stats.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    seriously, a talk about stats again? Eye test > stats.
    Subjectivity > objectivity?

"eye test"

top lel

The ISH'ers Champion!

Kobe
    Duncan
    Dirk
    CP3
    Parker
    Frauds...

WTF? Why is Horford being compared to Love and Davis?

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Subjectivity > objectivity?

"eye test"

top lel
    Stats are only objective in regards to what they are - statistics. Sure they can be a reflection of performance, but they have no true reflection on one's skills and abilities. Shit, look at Jack Taylor averaging like 60ppg. He must be godly, right? Wasn't KMart a top 5~7 scorer for a couple seasons? does that mean he was a top 5 player at any point ever? Wasn't Chris Mihm like top 5 in PER once? Does that mean he was ever a top 5 player? Tyreke averaged 20/5/5 his rookie year. How's he doing in regards to how great ppl think he is?

But whatever kid, keep believing what you believe!